drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » [Religious discussion] was-->Pure sillyness... someone selling a Jesus lookalike stain on ebay
Go to the bottom of this page [Religious discussion] was-->Pure sillyness... someone selling a Jesus lookalike stain on ebay
Author
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
relating self-awareness to proof of god is the same as relating a females sexual activity to the change in weather patterns.
but you can think that, there's no evidance proving otherwise. Just like there is no evidance proving you DO NOT kill homless bums.

I agree. It's like the example of Dawkins: While I can't practically prove that there aren't any orbiting teapots around the Earth, I can calculate the chances of it, and they are minor.

But I somewhat disagree with this:
quote:
but honestly. there is no evil religion. only evil people and evil ideas. you can take anything and make it a practical way of life. from Machavellism, to Satanism, to Christianity, to Daoism, to the movie 300. it's all how you are. This is why athiest are just like anyone else. reilgions don't change people. people change people.

Maybe there isn't an evil religion, but there is religion with such tendencies. Of course that religion means nothing if there are no people to materialize it, it's just like laws that mean nothing if people don't want to follow them. But it is still one of the things that is propagated as "it should be followed", and if it's aggressive or has such tendencies, then you can't say it's not evil.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
14-08-2007 10:31 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Wood. Wood. is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2469.jpg

Registration Date: 29-07-2007

The only reason I can think of religion was good is because the city of Ghent now has got some evil looking badass churches and cathedrals /666

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Wood.: 14-08-2007 11:46.

14-08-2007 11:46 Homepage of Wood.
Seven Gun Seven Gun is a male
dotbee 4eva

images/avatars/avatar-2384.jpg

Registration Date: 16-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.75

how dare all of you.

you shall all go to the chinese hell of eternal drowning Devil

__
"When you lose, dont lose the lesson"
14-08-2007 16:27
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

God is dead, full stop! Big Grin

If there is a God like most Christians are claiming then he would have stopped the shit we are doing to this earth, the animals and eachother. If not he´s one hell of a powerless lame God, not worth believing in or?

And another thing: so called " intelligent design"... hey, if I want to rape a kid I can do it because if it must have been a design feature if I want to do it or? BTW no one has the manual for this design, so who is to tell that I'm doing something that was not designed? If we pollute, rob, steal, murder, cheat, hate, fight, ... it's all okay baby... Intelligent design. That's a good one.

Something that gets pure agression all over me is women waring clothing that covers the entire body, except for the eyes, so called because they feel free when they wear them, express their religion, feel safe, etc... OK, so their men are not free and not religious then because the don't look like a mailbox with feet. If women need this to feel safe then the men are doing wrong or? A lot of women seem to put themselves on the bottom shelf of society so called because they like it down there (their own words). That's the result of brainwashing, especially by other women (hey girl, if I'm in the shit you are gonna be in the shit too, no escape) and ofcourse plain fear.

This world is such a perfect place and religion is just the cherry on the pie Puke

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
14-08-2007 17:00 Homepage of BattleDrone
dotbee 4eva

Helpfulness rating: 

Crying you're upsetting me. Crying

__
14-08-2007 18:34
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
...mailbox with feet...
ROFL

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

-Bene Gesserit
14-08-2007 19:12 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

quote:

If there is a God like most Christians are claiming then he would have stopped the shit we are doing to this earth, the animals and eachother. If not he´s one hell of a powerless lame God, not worth believing in or?

And another thing: so called " intelligent design"... hey, if I want to rape a kid I can do it because if it must have been a design feature if I want to do it or? BTW no one has the manual for this design, so who is to tell that I'm doing something that was not designed? If we pollute, rob, steal, murder, cheat, hate, fight, ... it's all okay baby... Intelligent design. That's a good one.

Something that gets pure agression all over me is women waring clothing that covers the entire body, except for the eyes, so called because they feel free when they wear them, express their religion, feel safe, etc... OK, so their men are not free and not religious then because the don't look like a mailbox with feet. If women need this to feel safe then the men are doing wrong or? A lot of women seem to put themselves on the bottom shelf of society so called because they like it down there (their own words). That's the result of brainwashing, especially by other women (hey girl, if I'm in the shit you are gonna be in the shit too, no escape) and ofcourse plain fear.

This world is such a perfect place and religion is just the cherry on the pie Puke

this is a relgion that's oragins are different then where you live. where there is a higher ratio of women to men, where they are behind us by at least 100 years. it wasn't solong ago that WOMEN couldn't vote here. that women had no rights, that women were regarded as skanks if they showed there ANKLES.

and yet we can feel morally supirior. if they had the resources and technology we do, they might be in a different place. it is out of respect for women they wear the head scarfs and other dressing.

here's another items to tell you. these "walking mailboxes" that wer all black lose clothing also live in a desert. i know it's hard for you to concive, but wearing all black losly like that is actually the coolest thing you can wear int he hot hot heat of the sun. the black material attracts the heal and the space causes a insulation.

white doesn't work as well, and if it was tighter the material would heal yuor body temperature. trust me. you wear one of thoes and you'd feel a big tempurature drop.

but again, it's easier to be morally supirior. we have pronography and legalized prostitution. we are much better to women.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

14-08-2007 19:56 Homepage of Halph-Price
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

Nice irony.

__

-Bene Gesserit
16-08-2007 12:15 Homepage of Muad'Dib
demolitionkid demolitionkid is a male
where's demo?

images/avatars/avatar-2248.jpg

Registration Date: 08-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

no matter what anybody says if your going to die and you know it you will wonder if your wrong.i personally have seen horrible things happen to good people and i have witnessed what i believe to be acts of god or a higher force since you guys wince and whine when somebody mentions that "word" there is a saying that the more you know the less you know.i know nothing and you should say the same.life should be enjoyed not analyzed picked apart and reconstructed according to your thoughts.to keep it real the bible says "god took great joy in making you,just as he will take great joy in destroying you" in short the only thing we are owed in this life is death......anything else you have food ,gear ,a place to live ,family,friends a nice shiny car ;are all things to be thankful for..........if you took away everything you have what would you be left with?????take a good look around you it can always be much worse and it will be in the end.......
16-08-2007 16:32 Homepage of demolitionkid
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

if you took everything away we'd be left with total utter terrifying freedom. but you're entirly correct to not analyze it. that's more of an i ching view. the world mearly is, there is no reason to ask why,but to be thankful.
it's fruitless to ask who put us here or to ask why are we here. we will never know and striving to find out wll just cause more pain. accepting that we shall never know, and to have the bravery to live in the ignorance, rather than making up a silly excuse not supporting the reason adn logic we have.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 16-08-2007 19:47.

16-08-2007 17:49 Homepage of Halph-Price
dotbee 4eva

Helpfulness rating: 

__
16-08-2007 18:18
Roox Roox is a male

images/avatars/avatar-2196.jpg

Registration Date: 10-12-2006

quote:
to be honest, Douglas Adams of the Hitchhikkers Guide to the Galaxy put it best. If you can have proof of God he will not exsist, because proof denies faith, and without faith there is no God.

Couldn't help but point out that Adams' theory only works if God is merely a product of faith in him (or her). If God actually exists, with or without peoples faith, his argument falls down around him. If proof came along for God's existence, there would be no need for faith, but it would not result in god popping out of existence.

My two cents, ladies & gentlemen.

__
Nottingham JuggleSoc
17-08-2007 00:36
Wood. Wood. is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2469.jpg

Registration Date: 29-07-2007

quote:

No, there's actually a story for that =D which christians use. it goes like this:

'as a father you come to a point where you have to teach your son how to drive a bike. you know he'll fall a couple of times, so will you keep him protected and deny him the bike, or will you let him fall and learn how to ride it??'

so ye =D there ya go, satanist xD rofl

Drummer
17-08-2007 07:20 Homepage of Wood.
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by wicken
quote:

No, there's actually a story for that =D which christians use. it goes like this:

'as a father you come to a point where you have to teach your son how to drive a bike. you know he'll fall a couple of times, so will you keep him protected and deny him the bike, or will you let him fall and learn how to ride it??'

so ye =D there ya go, satanist xD rofl

Drummer

The way this "son" is falling will kill him and all other kids. Sorry dude, we are like a baby playing with a knife, we don't know what we are doing.

__
17-08-2007 11:10 Homepage of BattleDrone
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:

this is a relgion that's oragins are different then where you live. where there is a higher ratio of women to men, where they are behind us by at least 100 years. it wasn't solong ago that WOMEN couldn't vote here. that women had no rights, that women were regarded as skanks if they showed there ANKLES.

and yet we can feel morally supirior. if they had the resources and technology we do, they might be in a different place. it is out of respect for women they wear the head scarfs and other dressing.

here's another items to tell you. these "walking mailboxes" that wer all black lose clothing also live in a desert. i know it's hard for you to concive, but wearing all black losly like that is actually the coolest thing you can wear int he hot hot heat of the sun. the black material attracts the heal and the space causes a insulation.

white doesn't work as well, and if it was tighter the material would heal yuor body temperature. trust me. you wear one of thoes and you'd feel a big tempurature drop.

but again, it's easier to be morally supirior. we have pronography and legalized prostitution. we are much better to women.

Don't forget that under the sharia modern technology is seen as diabolical, so they actually refuse technology

I was not talking about the original purpose of this outfit, over time it has changed function, it is used to make women look, powerless, unatractive and "taken", it's the possession of another man, so hands off please.

We don't live in a country (yet) where you need these drastic ways to cool yourself down, one doesn't wear a fur coat in the dessert because one grew up inside the polar circle or? It is a religious thingm no doubt.

And don't come and tell me these people don't have prostituton. The only thing is that they are not talking about it and they show even less respect to prostitutes as our society does. They also suffer from incest a lot, but if a girl/woman talks about that no one will believe here but still call here a whore and make her lose the right to get married which makes her obsolete and pushes her into prostitution to survive. Gay people are killed if they don't get away asap. They are often forced into transvestite roles (if your not a man, be a woman) and need to live in prostitution to make themselves a living.

If a woman in their society even tries to defend herself (through words, not by fighting) she'll be killed, over here she'll be heard and perhaps respected afterwards, but deffinately not punished.

You are right about women's rights in the early capitalist society, but a lot has changed over time, I don't see those changes taking place in the "postbox with feet"-world any time soon.

In some countries it is quite a habbit to throw acid into the face of a girl that says no to a marriage proposal... not seen that around here lately.

You're perfectly right halph, we are not any better, but I don't see any prove in your reply.

__
17-08-2007 11:26 Homepage of BattleDrone
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

And here's something for you all:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sgxaa56hS0

oh, please see it!! Smile

__

-Bene Gesserit
17-08-2007 11:49 Homepage of Muad'Dib
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

ROFL good to cool down the serious discussion.

Then you HAVE to see this one too, to keep things levelled Big Grin

__
17-08-2007 12:58 Homepage of BattleDrone
dotbee 4eva

Helpfulness rating: 

hmmmm, this discussion has switched to a very anti muslim tone.

its a shame there arent more muslim dnb heads to defend here to
themselves, for a real debate.

muslim countries differ massively geographically as do christian ones.
e.g. america to russia (completely different cultures)
e.g. morrocco to afganistan (even more different)

geography matters even more.
western states (any religion) are more socially advanced than
our more barbaric eastern cousins. i think human rights is the
real reason.

i defend this because i am mixed race (algerian/english),
and although i am an atheist, i remember visiting there
many times in my youth, and none of what you described was in effect.
but this could be because of western liberal attitudes so close geographically influencing it.
not much acid thrown in faces there!!

anyways, as seen as nobody has defended religion in the debate, i will.
(never thought i would utter those words).

rather than thinking of the of the rhetoric spewed out by
religious leaders, try to think of the peace of mind and comfort
(call it ignorance if you will) that religion gives people.
lots of my family are proper christians
(my uncle is going to be a reverend)
and they seem to take pleasure in it.
i would not deny them that pleasure.
just as long as nobody tries to say to me evolution is false,
i'll let them be in their religious bliss (lol).

as an atheist comedian once said sarcastically...

"oh yes, a big man with a white beard in the sky gets
angry when i masturbate!!"
LOL

big up muad'dib for this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sgxaa56hS0

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Seven Gun: 17-08-2007 15:33.

17-08-2007 13:52
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

You are right Seven Gun,

Countries do differ. Basically I was bashing cultures that force women to dress up 99% of their body and consider them to be second class citizens, I see no possible cause to find this ok. I'm an active member of a big human rights campaign, so rather well informed on a global scale.

I was mentioning problems which have been spotted in different countries, not stating that it's that bad everywhere, there are also a lot of muslims which are progressive, tollerant and open to new things. I know some of these people myself.

It's the extreme people who destroy everything really. They all use similar methods, putting pressure onto their on people enables them to be who they are.

__
17-08-2007 16:18 Homepage of BattleDrone
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:

Don't forget that under the sharia modern technology is seen as diabolical, so they actually refuse technology

I was not talking about the original purpose of this outfit, over time it has changed function, it is used to make women look, powerless, unatractive and "taken", it's the possession of another man, so hands off please.

We don't live in a country (yet) where you need these drastic ways to cool yourself down, one doesn't wear a fur coat in the dessert because one grew up inside the polar circle or? It is a religious thingm no doubt.

And don't come and tell me these people don't have prostituton. The only thing is that they are not talking about it and they show even less respect to prostitutes as our society does. They also suffer from incest a lot, but if a girl/woman talks about that no one will believe here but still call here a whore and make her lose the right to get married which makes her obsolete and pushes her into prostitution to survive. Gay people are killed if they don't get away asap. They are often forced into transvestite roles (if your not a man, be a woman) and need to live in prostitution to make themselves a living.

If a woman in their society even tries to defend herself (through words, not by fighting) she'll be killed, over here she'll be heard and perhaps respected afterwards, but deffinately not punished.

You are right about women's rights in the early capitalist society, but a lot has changed over time, I don't see those changes taking place in the "postbox with feet"-world any time soon.

In some countries it is quite a habbit to throw acid into the face of a girl that says no to a marriage proposal... not seen that around here lately.

You're perfectly right halph, we are not any better, but I don't see any prove in your reply.

prostituion is actually the reason for the head scarf, the one that wraps just around the head and covers the breasts it just covers her hair and shows her face still, quite a popular one by muslims in canada. the full covering one is from more extreme islam regions. it was a way to cover up and to show that she wasn't for sale when sailors came into port.

islam is vastly different from region to region. i think it's ignorant to make comments about islam because of these differences. there is different beliefs and freedoms comapred to pakistan to hati to saudi arabia to jordon.

when you say she will be killed, the honor killing is not practiced in every islam state. mostly saudi arabia is the one that would practice that. but they also chop off hands for stealing, and death penalty for any major crime. they have very little theft.

but no they are like we were a hundred years ago, very backwards about their views on women. it wasn't that long ago tho, that women couldn't vote rember. that's something VERY VERY recent. we were not like spartans the entire time, with womens rights as a given. they had to fight for it here. and they won.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 17-08-2007 18:40.

17-08-2007 18:35 Homepage of Halph-Price
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » [Religious discussion] was-->Pure sillyness... someone selling a Jesus lookalike stain on ebay