drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » file conversion
Go to the bottom of this page file conversion
Author
unregistered
i convert my tracks into mp3 via nuendo. Rude commented one of the 320 tunes ive just uploaded sounded like a 192 because it was abit dull on the top end. To my ears the track sounded duller from the player on the site than it did in either media player or win amp, so i sent rude the 320 and he said he can also hear the difference.

sooooooooo........ does the site convert tracks again so their suitable to be streamed?? if so whats the best thing to do so things dont sound so lifeless or is it just something i have to live with??

this is'nt a petty complaint btw i just wondered if theres a way round it.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by utter muppet: 20-07-2007 17:27.

20-07-2007 16:56
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

yea, i wanted to know that too. doe sit change it to 192 , and would it be better if we converted it to that ourselves using a better converter?

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 20-07-2007 17:08.

20-07-2007 17:06 Homepage of Halph-Price
@1$-)
unregistered
thing is if we convert it to 192 is the high end gonna sound like a 96 Knownothing
20-07-2007 17:28
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

It converts all tracks to 90-100 kbps VBR. Nothing much that can be done about it atm because of the bandwidth use.

The converter is highly optimised so the loss of quality is not drastic, but the convertor applies a low pass filter at around 15kHz which is why you have a loss of hi end.

Thinking of it I could stream the original tracks for eg people that donated, guess that would only be fair. It would make the tracks load slower though.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
20-07-2007 18:16 Homepage of thechronic
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

some of them add a lowpass to ride the crappy sounding high end. some encoder keep it, but althoguh it sounds brighter (which most people can't notice,you're special Big Grin ) it can add garbage to the song, because the high end is improperly sampled and is called Artifacts. what do ya do?

320 is DVD quality though.

at least it's VBR, that's better quality. good to know about the encoder though. there's no longer a display to show Big Grin

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 20-07-2007 18:21.

20-07-2007 18:19 Homepage of Halph-Price
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

OK I programmed this in. Sponsors get the full quality audio streams now. This is linked to the ads code, so if you don't see ads, you know you get the full quality Big Grin

For the people that have donated and are curious how it works: for every euro donated you are credited 1000 points. Every night 66 points are deduced from the total, which comes down to a bit more than 15 days. For as long as you have 1 point or more you get the full benefits: no ads and high quality audio.

The fancy gold bars behind your name etc stays forever, there's no timeout on this.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
20-07-2007 18:23 Homepage of thechronic
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

pffff full quality audio... I don´t want that. It will take forever to DL on the company network and I get an upset admin at my door complaining that I´m stealing bandwidth Mad ... Set my sponsor account to zero please.
I wanted the banners anyway.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
20-07-2007 21:56 Homepage of BattleDrone
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

Confused

Some people are hard to please Big Grin

__
21-07-2007 03:15 Homepage of thechronic
@1$-)
unregistered
quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
pffff full quality audio... I don´t want that. It will take forever to DL .

im on a shitty 1.1mb connection. but im happy to wait to hear a tune.

and its not exactly what i would call "full quality audio" - but im a fussy cunt. I like wavs Big Grin

anywayzzz. sorry this thread wasnt meant as a dig i just wondered if there was a way to convert without the loss of high end.
21-07-2007 04:02
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
pffff full quality audio... I don´t want that. It will take forever to DL on the company network and I get an upset admin at my door complaining that I´m stealing bandwidth Mad ... Set my sponsor account to zero please.
I wanted the banners anyway.

ROFL

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
21-07-2007 18:04 Homepage of Muad'Dib
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

The filesize and d/l speed will depend a lot on the bitrate of the original file. Eg if the original was 128kbps the difference will be minimal. With a 320kbps source the file size will be around 3x as large.

I've did some testing and on my broadband connection I hardly notice a difference.

__
22-07-2007 13:43 Homepage of thechronic
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

At the office we have a huge pipeline (doubled, with load balancing), but surfing gets absolute low priority after downloading (to the outside world) video broadcasting (out), audio broadcasting(out) and e-mail(in and out). So when we´re in full action I can´t do shit with 320Kb mp3s.
I have a backup line which is ADSL 2Mb and it is actually a whole lot faster.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
22-07-2007 15:31 Homepage of BattleDrone
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » file conversion