drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » 1 star votes???????
Go to the bottom of this page 1 star votes???????
Author
dotbee 4eva

images/avatars/avatar-2384.jpg

Registration Date: 16-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.75

why are some of you putting a 1 rank vote on each criteria,
when the track clearly does not deserve it???
you know who you are Burning
if you dont like the style, that does not mean it deserves the lowest possible vote on every thing, eg: mastering, structure etc etc.
this has happened to me a few times now, and its doing my head in.
i have also seen it done on other peeps tracks.
you can tell someone has done it when the track has say,
80% and 8 votes, and suddenly jumps down to
70% and 9 votes, this shows the last vote obviously ranked it the lowest possible score.
i'm gonna have to stop putting tunes on the site soon, as it can look bad for a future release (which is soon by the way).
@the chronic...
is there any way to find and stop these hating culprits that just seem to want to lower other scores/ratings?
the reviews and not the votes have more personal meaning to me,
but its an annoyance that has built up, and i have to write this.

so, if it is you putting a clearly undeserved lowest rank on every criteria
please STOP!
it is unhelpful and mean spirited.
rant over!

edit...
is it just me that has noticed this, or is there anyone else?

__
"When you lose, dont lose the lesson"

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Seven Gun: 17-07-2007 13:21.

17-07-2007 11:44
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

The voting doesn't use averages but median calculations. Somebody casting all 1's to a track that has many high votes has absolutely no influence on the rating at all in most cases. Sometimes it can cause a minimal shift in the rating, but certainly not a loss of a star.

BTW very extreme votes (eg all 1's or all 5's) are regularly removed from the votes database by a maintenance script.

What probably happens is that a track has eg 4 votes of 5 points and 4 votes of 3 points. If another vote of 3 points or lower is cast the median will shift from 4 to 3 since 3 is now the 'typical' vote.

quote:
From Wikipedia:

The big difference between the median and mean is illustrated in a simple example.

Suppose 19 paupers and 1 billionaire are in a room. Everyone removes all money from their pockets and puts it on a table. Each pauper puts $5 on the table; the billionaire puts $1 billion (i.e.$109) there. The total is then $1,000,000,095. If that money is divided equally among the 20 people, each gets $50,000,004.75. That amount is the mean (or "average") amount of money that the 20 people brought into the room. But the median amount is $5, since one may divide the group into two groups of 10 people each, and say that everyone in the first group brought in no more than $5, and each person in the second group brought in no less than $5. In a sense, the median is the amount that the typical person brought in. By contrast, the mean (or "average") is not at all typical, since no one present—pauper or billionaire—brought in an amount approximating $50,000,004.75.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
17-07-2007 13:47 Homepage of thechronic
@1$-)
unregistered
only way to stop it is to ban public voting and also to show the name of the person that voted and what they voted in the thread.

which id love to see tbh
19-07-2007 13:51
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

And list their adresses so you can go over and kill them if you don't like their votes Devil

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
19-07-2007 14:57 Homepage of BattleDrone
@1$-)
unregistered
exactly Devil Big Grin

i think the only problem with it might be one or two flame wars starting up, which might be fun. That said, you dont often get people bitching at each other on here.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by utter muppet: 19-07-2007 15:04.

19-07-2007 15:03
Rudeone
love & light

images/avatars/avatar-2481.jpg

Registration Date: 15-10-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

quote:
Originally posted by MUNKI
you dont often get people bitching at each other on here.

well lets start right away Devil

__
MySpace
19-07-2007 15:24 Homepage of Rudeone
@1$-)
unregistered
quote:
Originally posted by Rudeone
quote:
Originally posted by MUNKI
you dont often get people bitching at each other on here.

well lets start right away Devil

sounds like a plan you snivelling cock sucking pathetic excuse for a human being Tongue
19-07-2007 15:27
Rudeone
love & light

images/avatars/avatar-2481.jpg

Registration Date: 15-10-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

i wanted to say something bad about your nu tune but i must have sucked so bad that it got deleted.. Tongue

__
MySpace
19-07-2007 15:28 Homepage of Rudeone
Seven Gun Seven Gun is a male
dotbee 4eva

images/avatars/avatar-2384.jpg

Registration Date: 16-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.75

LOL, this thread.

__
"When you lose, dont lose the lesson"
19-07-2007 15:30
@1$-)
unregistered
quote:
Originally posted by Rudeone
i wanted to say something bad about your nu tune but i must have sucked so bad that it got deleted.. Tongue

touche.

it was so shit it got removed twice.

actually im a bit gutted about it. i made one beat and entered it for the dnb arena summer bbq comp, then thought id bash out another with a bit more of a straight beat as the other ones a bit jungly, made it yesterday and sent it over only to be told we are only allowed one entry Mad
19-07-2007 15:32
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » 1 star votes???????