drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » smoking ban.......
Go to the bottom of this page smoking ban.......
Author
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

like i said it's been this way in canda for a long time, and no one cares, we just go outside for a puff, get some freash air and out of the hot club.

there's your right to smoke, and there's might right to not smoke. when one persons right are being crushed by anothers, who is in the right? i think if anything, the smoking ban is upholding rights, more than removing.

smoking isn't a right, it's a priviliage. a right is something like, living a helathy life, or education, or fair wages, or freedom of speech. killing yourself slowly with a mixture of over 50 deadly carcinogens (cancer causing agents) and thoes around you so you can give your money for an manufactured addicitve product isn't a right.

it's shown a clear link to adverse side effects of second hand smoke. the full extent isn't full known maybe, but there is signs of something. increase risk. you want cancer, fine you can fuck up your own body as much as you want, i couldn't care less if you wanted to slit your throat, but when you take the lvies of people around into risk, it's actually quite selfish. no one made you smoke,a nd no one forces you to continue to waste hundreds of dollars by literally burning your money for nothing. you must think your quite smart by wasting that money.

smoke indian tobacco, it's actually a good way to quite. it's what tobacco is suppose to be. it doens't have the chemicals and is 10x less addictive. because tehy don't add stuff like bleach to increase the nicatine addictivness.

but whatever... so what happend with that flood in england? burnig cars, bomb threats. your rights to freedom are being removed, and you care about your privalage to kill thoes around you? why don't you just slipy uor mother some rat posion in her oatmeal. you could call that a right that they want to supress.

for the moeny you spend a motnh on cigg you probably could supply an underdeveloped country with a school house, desk and chairs for children to learn. or running water, or food. but i guess slow suicide is far greater of a cause. for you and the people you know.

maybe you're stressed so you smoke, maybe you got money issues, hey quitting smoking would helpy uor money issues, and then you wouldn't need to smoke. whatever. just don't fucking whine that you can't smoke in someone elses job. it maybe a smoking section for the dinners, but it's still a place where people work that have the choice not to smoke, or not be exposed to your second-hand smoke. it's not your private dinning area. it's actually approving your suicidal habits. and giving you yuor own area.

it's not like your get your own area because fo some condition you can't help. you CHOOSE out of FREEWILL to place a paper penis in your mouth and breath in the burning substance, and release taht into the air around you. it's not that you can't help it. you don't get any rights for that. you gave up your rights wheny uo submitted your will to tabacco corperations.

you are taking responsiblity for your OWN actions. no one else.

you got to check your priorities.

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Tobacco/cancer

quote:
Cigarette smoke contains about 4,000 chemical agents, including over 60 carcinogens. In addition, many of these substances, such as carbon monoxide, tar, arsenic, and lead, are poisonous and toxic to the human body. Nicotine is a drug that is naturally present in the tobacco plant and is primarily responsible for a person’s addiction to tobacco products, including cigarettes. During smoking, nicotine is absorbed quickly into the bloodstream and travels to the brain in a matter of seconds. Nicotine causes addiction to cigarettes and other tobacco products that is similar to the addiction produced by using heroin and cocaine.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 7 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 01-07-2007 16:27.

01-07-2007 15:50 Homepage of Halph-Price
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

quote:
Originally posted by scag fish
But bars, come on.
I think it's strange everybody is like pro or contra, why not make 2 areas in each cafe, I've seen this work a couple of times now. nobody'll moan.

Bars are supposed to have this in Belgium but in a small bar you can not really separate both groups without building a wall in the middle Smile

Question to everyone: what do e.g. 20 normal Marlboro´s cost in your country?

In Belgium it´s 4.30€

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
01-07-2007 18:09 Homepage of BattleDrone
Seven Gun Seven Gun is a male
dotbee 4eva

images/avatars/avatar-2384.jpg

Registration Date: 16-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.75

smoking is a right!!!
just as long as you dont force the smoke on others.
i dont smoke anymore, but if someone said to me....
"you dont have the right to smoke"....
i would chop the mofo up!

smoking is an unhealthy, anti-social activity nowadays,
i cant stand the smell of it, and it is slowly getting phased out of society,
but the right to smoke is like the right vote, or fuck, or drink alcohol.
freedom is freedom!
big brother nanny states interfering too much is not gonna stop at "smoking"!
it will be booze next, then loud music, then gatherings of more than
10 peeps etc etc.
interesting thread, lots of opinions.

__
"When you lose, dont lose the lesson"
01-07-2007 18:21
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

the Government doesn't want you to stop smoking, because taxes on your packs. With this said, they have to offset your medical care in the long-term. there's a real fight there, politcaly. between getting money for your vices, and helping you recover from them.

you have the right to smoke as much as you have the right to lop off your hands with a chainsaw, or buy a gun to shoot your children with. just because you can choose to do it, does not make it a right.

by smoking being banend in business it shows it's not a right. a right is something you deserve as a human being. what human being deserves to have blackend lungs and cancer? you think that's a right? just because you don't die form something immediatly.

I am in agreeance in freedom, and that the government shouldn't control what we do, but advice us the safest thing to do. if i want to get a job as a waiter and they only have positions avaliable for smokers, then i am at a disadvantage because I DON'T SMOKE.

I can't attend a club because i don't smoke. segregation because of your choices based on archaic biases and coperate media? you think that because you are brainwashed YOU have more rights then ME?! you've shown you can't make healthy decisions for yourself and have given up your rights and freedom to become a slave to a chemical and mental addiction. you have as much freedom as any other addict!!!!

YOU HAVE FORFIET YOUR FREEDOM WHEN YOU STARTED SMOKING! NOT WHEN THE SMOKING BAN STARTED!

smoking ban here in canda i can say sagain didn't start as a Big Brother plan to .. whatever .. they gain money from smoking. it was individual communities, that eventually was recognized as a growing trend. it is a grassroots and very democratical convention. it is against big tobacco AND the government. it is what individuals want not special interest.

anyways, for a hilarious book that's on my top ten

fox mad a fucking horrible movie of this, just like fast food naiton. one of the most interesting and entertaining books i have read. whent he smoking advoacte gets teh crowd cheering for hgim on Oprah's even after they bring out a cancer patient child and several bussiness and goverment offcials, they book just gets better and better.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

01-07-2007 19:34 Homepage of Halph-Price
scag fish scag fish is a male
Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-2207.jpg

Registration Date: 30-06-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price

but whatever... so what happend with that flood in england? burnig cars, bomb threats. your rights to freedom are being removed, and you care about your privalage to kill thoes around you? why don't you just slipy uor mother some rat posion in her oatmeal. you could call that a right that they want to supress.

for the moeny you spend a motnh on cigg you probably could supply an underdeveloped country with a school house, desk and chairs for children to learn. or running water, or food. but i guess slow suicide is far greater of a cause. for you and the people you know.
[/quote]
I must say you're portraiting all smokers like arrogant bastards who smoke and blow out the smoke in their mother's faces? I think there's alot more caring smokers then there are arrogant ones.
For example, when I go to a trainstation with a cig and I see somebody sitting on a bench, I won't sit there, I'll just stand somewhere else. If I see somebody approaching I'll hold the smoke in till' he or she is gone. If there'd be modesty from both sides there wouldn't be a problem seems me.

About the money thing, in western society it's the people's habit to throw money away on useless things, cigs are one out of the thousands of possibilities.
quote:
Originally posted by Seven Gun

big brother nanny states interfering too much is not gonna stop at "smoking"!
it will be booze next, then loud music, then gatherings of more than
10 peeps etc etc.
interesting thread, lots of opinions.

I think here in Belgium the rule is that gathering with more than 7 people in a circle officially is gangbanging!! =D

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by scag fish: 01-07-2007 20:53.

01-07-2007 20:25
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

well i tinhk that's why smoking ban isn't being seen as that much of an outrage, but just a reinforcing of etiquette. but there needn't be ANY form of modesty on my part. it's like running your car engine's fumes in a resturaunt. there's no need to make the restaurant have better venting out of modesty because of your addiction.

you don't have to smoke. it's not like you're taking a neccisary thing, like food. you have the right a lunch break at work. you don't have the right to smoke. it's not something you need as a human being. quite the opposite.

the reason i have to much hate for this is becasue of the lack of will and self control. the relinquishing of your freedom. and then tricked to thinking your mosking out of freedom.

smoking is as free of a choice as doing crack or herion. it's not a right to snort cocain as much as it's not a right to inhale fumes. it's absurd it's even legal. let alone a fucking right.

you want to do it, do it in private. no need for public suicide. stink up your place, and your clothes. i don't know any smell that clings worse! i can't believe anyone can defend smoking. i can easily go on for days, with a mountain of evidance tow ork off of and hundreds of personal opnions for why it's disgusting and stupid.

i mean getting a motorbike at least ti's cheap on fule, it's dangerous and appeals, the same as smoking. but smoking isn't like how it use to be, 2 packs for a buck.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

01-07-2007 21:08 Homepage of Halph-Price
dotbee 4eva

Helpfulness rating: 

we get your point mate, but remember,
just because it is your opinion, doesnt mean it is correct and absolute.

this thread is stressing me out, i think i'll light up ROFL

__
01-07-2007 21:14
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
well i tinhk that's why smoking ban isn't being seen as that much of an outrage, but just a reinforcing of etiquette. but there needn't be ANY form of modesty on my part. it's like running your car engine's fumes in a resturaunt. there's no need to make the restaurant have better venting out of modesty because of your addiction.

you don't have to smoke. it's not like you're taking a neccisary thing, like food. you have the right a lunch break at work. you don't have the right to smoke. it's not something you need as a human being. quite the opposite.

the reason i have to much hate for this is becasue of the lack of will and self control. the relinquishing of your freedom. and then tricked to thinking your mosking out of freedom.

youre taking my rights and speak of freedom in the same post, George W Bush

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by cynik: 01-07-2007 22:02.

01-07-2007 21:59 Homepage of cynik
Shinyuri Shinyuri is a male
myspace.com/shinyuribeats

images/avatars/avatar-2276.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

a pack of fags in japan is about 1 pound 30. fukin love it out ere! booze is cheap aswell {5 quid for a large bottle of whiskey!}! with japan u can smoke fukin everywhere except for outside! its a bit odd but heres the reason -

japanese people dont like mess.

in a restaurant, all the rubbish is safetly put in a bin but if its outside, people might drop the fag butts on the floor and thats a big no-no!

anyways u can smoke in every eatery, bar, club, coffeeshop etc. some people dont like it so theres pressure to get that changed but because of their diet and lifestyle, japanese people are 2/3rds less likely to get any cancer so i dont think they are all that bothered. not as much as westerners anyways.

btw that 1 pound 30 price for a pack just went up from about 1 pound 20. because of that extorshionate raise about 10percent {somink like that} of smokers stopped smoking out ere.

if u really wanna make smokers stop then raise the price. i know i would definately cut down if the price was similar to good old britain.

__
www.myspace.com/shinyuribeats

revel in the crapness of the website and then hit the add button... go on, do it, u know u wanna
02-07-2007 14:23 Homepage of Shinyuri
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
we get your point mate, but remember,
just because it is your opinion, doesnt mean it is correct and absolute.

this thread is stressing me out, i think i'll light up ROFL

opinions are based on personal reflection. facts are based off of studies.
a Right is a defined fact. you may think it's opnionated, but if smoking was a right, it wouldn't be able to be revoked. only privilage is able to be revoked.

a Right is legally backed and reinforced by the government. smoking isn't a part of life you can't live without. it's like eating doing cocaine. cocaine is not a right.

there is no law saying you have the right to smoke. it is a privlage that can be revoked. you cannot revoke rights. they are absolutes. you have a just claim to smoke if you want to. but you do not have any laws saying you can smoke if you want to. you have laws tellingy ou your privilage to smoke is revoked in an area of work, or on a aircraft, or within a certin distnace of petrol pumps.

that may seem like an opnion, but i don't make law. i don't do studies of thousands of people over decades.

anyways

quote:
Many of tobacco's health effects can be minimised through smoking cessation. The British doctors study[98] showed that those who stopped smoking before they reached 30 years of age lived almost as long as those who never smoked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobacco_smoking

so it's not too late for tohes of you smoking still. good way if you wnat money for music gear. new passive near-field speakers in 2 months easy.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

02-07-2007 16:48 Homepage of Halph-Price
dotbee 4eva

Helpfulness rating: 

doing cocaine is illegal.
bungee jumping is not good for my health, but i have the right to do it.
same with smoking.
PS..
i coughed up blood today. Crying

here is a FACT!!....... I DONT SMOKE, BUT I HAVE THE RIGHT TO!
I DONT SKATEBOARD, BUT I HAVE THE RIGHT TO!

i dont need wikipedia to know that smoking is bad for your health.

a family friend died from emphisema from smoking,
but STILL, he had the right to smoke, and he used that right,
he enjoyed it, unwise, but an inrefutable right nonetheless!
he sat in his house n smoked n drunk his ass off till he died from
liver disease and emphisema.
itrs a matter of choice, and that is where the fineline is.....
the choice to smoke, and the choice not to smoke or have ANY 2nd hand smoke near your lungs.
there is a middle ground, that is where we are on our way to.
i agree with the smoking ban in england, or anywhere for that matter.
i can now go to the pub with the knowledge that i am going to be able to breathe that little bit easier.

you shouldnt skateboard in a busy shopping mall.......COMMON SENSE!!
you shouldnt smoke in a busy anywhere....COMMON SENSE!!

if you are legal age, you should be allowed to do whatever you want, within the constraints of the law!

__
02-07-2007 17:14
CULTURE BOY CULTURE BOY is a male
v v v iv a record missing

images/avatars/avatar-2361.jpg

Registration Date: 12-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

im out of breath just reading all this!!! lol

cant be bothered commenting on this cos it'll piss me off n change nothing.

__
www.myspace.com/cultureboydnb
soundcloud

02-07-2007 18:25 Homepage of CULTURE BOY
scag fish scag fish is a male
Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-2207.jpg

Registration Date: 30-06-2007

quote:
here is a FACT!!....... I DONT SMOKE, BUT I HAVE THE RIGHT TO!
I DONT SKATEBOARD, BUT I HAVE THE RIGHT TO!

you shouldnt skateboard in a busy shopping mall.......COMMON SENSE!!
you shouldnt smoke in a busy anywhere....COMMON SENSE!!

if you are legal age, you should be allowed to do whatever you want, within the constraints of the law!

booya! pinned the whole discussion.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by scag fish: 03-07-2007 00:47.

03-07-2007 00:46
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

restecpah for seven gun Wink
03-07-2007 03:32
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

seven gun's right

but

the air in big cities is polluted, and people breath it 24/7.

the ground is so poluted in most of the world so the water from natural wells is not drinkable anymore.

the food you buy from stores is so chemicaly treated its poison, even vegetables and fruit. and we dont even know how poisonous something is, because the medical science is at such a low level, take the mad cows example

the radiation levels world wide are constantly raising

then there are wars, and all kinds of other stupid shit man does

humanity has far bigger problems than smoking. its the hypocrissy that bothers me. blame it on the smokers, they are the fault of everything, easier then to step up and at least think in another direction

by wearing fancy clothes, driving your car and eating junk food youre polluting the world and yourself maybe more than some smokers do

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
03-07-2007 07:51 Homepage of cynik
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
doing cocaine is illegal.
bungee jumping is not good for my health, but i have the right to do it.
same with smoking.

The difference is that your bungee jumping or coke snorting doesn't affect other's health, smoking does.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

03-07-2007 07:54 Homepage of Surya
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
seven gun's right

but

the air in big cities is polluted, and people breath it 24/7.

the ground is so poluted in most of the world so the water from natural wells is not drinkable anymore.

the food you buy from stores is so chemicaly treated its poison, even vegetables and fruit. and we dont even know how poisonous something is, because the medical science is at such a low level, take the mad cows example

the radiation levels world wide are constantly raising

then there are wars, and all kinds of other stupid shit man does

humanity has far bigger problems than smoking. its the hypocrissy that bothers me. blame it on the smokers, they are the fault of everything, easier then to step up and at least think in another direction

by wearing fancy clothes, driving your car and eating junk food youre polluting the world and yourself maybe more than some smokers do

that are some good puts Wink Devil

and the fact is , that wont change during our live

i would stop smoking if cannabis would be legal , fair enough
03-07-2007 15:24
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone

Question to everyone: what do e.g. 20 normal Marlboro´s cost in your country?

In Belgium it´s 4.30€

In the UK it would be more like 8 euros

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

03-07-2007 15:28 Homepage of D2o
cjstyles
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 06-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

Yup im 100% for the smoking ban in pubs, bars etc - its not fair on the people who work in them at all.

Not too sure about the goverment starting to infringe in peoples private sphere like this though - thankfully though the UK is a country that allows you to do mostly whatever you want as long as its legal.

__
NexGen / Plush / Liquid Brilliants / LDNBmusic / Ambra

Paul SG - Hidden Smile (CJ Styles Remix) forthcoming Ambra

03-07-2007 16:06
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

quote:
Originally posted by cjstyles
thankfully though the UK is a country that allows you to do mostly whatever you want as long as its legal.

Yeah, like driving on the wrong side of the road Big Grin

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
03-07-2007 16:56 Homepage of BattleDrone
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » smoking ban.......