drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » smoking ban.......
Go to the bottom of this page smoking ban.......
Author
dotbee 4eva

images/avatars/avatar-2384.jpg

Registration Date: 16-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.75

Smoking gets banned in all public places today in england!!!
i quit smoking a couple of monthsd ago (again).
whats it like near you peeps?

sorry, random thought Confused

__
"When you lose, dont lose the lesson"
30-06-2007 09:45
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

It's been banned in public places for a while now in Belgium, but as people are still allowed to smoke in pubs and party venues, it bothers me just as much as before.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

30-06-2007 10:29 Homepage of Surya
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

In Belgium smoking has been banned in all public places except pubs. It will be banned in pubs too next year.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
30-06-2007 10:29 Homepage of thechronic
suvcycle suvcycle is a male
jungle boy

images/avatars/avatar-2083.jpg

Registration Date: 03-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

first let say: i do smoke

Last time i visited this soccer game. They didn't allow us to smoke in the pub in the stadium, wich is fine by me. But when standing outside watching the game they also told us not to smoke,and thats a bit over the top imo.

About not smoking in pubs: Ok, it would be nice for a lot of people. My brother owns a little pub, wich cant be divided in two seperate rooms. It's not always easy to make a living this way, thats a fact. And business wont get better if they ban smoking in pubs.

This can turn into an endless discussion...

But i wonder whats next to ban...smoking in your own car, alcohol, titty bars...

__
some run from the big guns,
some just run from the sound
30-06-2007 12:01
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

quote:
Originally posted by suvcycle

But i wonder whats next to ban...smoking in your own car, alcohol, titty bars...

You may laugh about that but in the England a Truck driver cannot smoke in his lorry during the day but he can when he's pulled up and stopped for the evening
They cant smoke when they are driving cuz its a work enviroment.

this can also apply to work vans, if there is more than one person in the van smoking is not allowed because its a work area

i think its completly padantic

Pubs i can understand but i think its gonna ruin business and may actually cause several pubs in england to close down.

I think the land loard should have a choice or that if he has a separate room make it a "smoke room" that is highly ventilated and with good air con so that the smoke doesnt go into the non smokers room

my 2 cents

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

30-06-2007 12:17 Homepage of D2o
tetsuo tetsuo is a male
Guiness factory

Registration Date: 26-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.67

I am in Ireland, and the ban is applied to the fullest...Can't smoke in all public places ( pub, restaurant, cinema of course and so on...)

I think this is a brilliant idea, and I moke as well...But then again, you can see non smoker looking at you in a strange way when you smoke in the street and close to them: That is way over the top!! What would be the next step: no more smoke in the street? I mean come on, I don't think that is that annoying when you smoke in the open air!!

France will also ban smoking, and according to my friends, that is going to be hard to follow since there is a strong pub culture: Lot of my friend are not happy about it and continue smoking in pub despite the ban, I think they are wrong.

My 2 cents as well.

__
Yesterday' s futur is today!! Doped
30-06-2007 14:44
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
In Belgium smoking has been banned in all public places except pubs. It will be banned in pubs too next year.

smoking banned in pubs , what the fuck is da nu vo zever , as im a smoker myself i hope not

anyway nothing to do about it
30-06-2007 15:00
suvcycle suvcycle is a male
jungle boy

images/avatars/avatar-2083.jpg

Registration Date: 03-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by Greyone
quote:
Originally posted by thechronic

smoking banned in pubs , what the fuck is da nu vo zever , as im a smoker myself i hope not

anyway nothing to do about it

Like when in Stockholm where smoking is banned in all public places, you just go outside, have smoke, have a nice chat, i didn't mind at all. The wheater was nice though, i aint standing in the rain for a smoke Mad

__
some run from the big guns,
some just run from the sound
30-06-2007 15:40
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

I hate it that when I come home from the pub my clothes and hair smell like I actually was sitting in an ashtray YUK... I am an ex-smoker and find it a great idea to ban it from pubs as well. I can tell from 20 meters away that someone is smoking in open air. Sometimes I smell it in my car when someone is smoking in the car in front of me.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
30-06-2007 17:27 Homepage of BattleDrone
Seven Gun Seven Gun is a male
dotbee 4eva

Helpfulness rating: 

lol, ex smokers are worse moaners than peeps that have never smoked.
i should know, i moan all the time about it now, even tho i smoked for
11 years.
i cant wait till it is fully banned.
Spliff
although i do think you cant take away a persons right to kill themselves. if smoking is ever made fully illegal, i will protest my ass off!!

__
30-06-2007 17:38
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy C
quote:
Originally posted by suvcycle

You may laugh about that but in the England a Truck driver cannot smoke in his lorry during the day but he can when he's pulled up and stopped for the evening
They cant smoke when they are driving cuz its a work enviroment.

this can also apply to work vans, if there is more than one person in the van smoking is not allowed because its a work area

i think its completly padantic

Pubs i can understand but i think its gonna ruin business and may actually cause several pubs in england to close down.

I think the land loard should have a choice or that if he has a separate room make it a "smoke room" that is highly ventilated and with good air con so that the smoke doesnt go into the non smokers room

my 2 cents

same shit in canda for a few years now. started at the municipal level and worked it's way up to provincial and federal. no smoking in resturdants first, but now it's work enviroments, which includes bars and trucks drivers cabs, if they don't own it. there was a few ways around it but it's mostly down to only outside patios.

no one really cares.

except in witner, which is 8 months of the year.

taxes on cigg are so high that no one wants to smoke, with packs being over 10 bucks a pack, and little over 4 years ago it was like 7. for the cheap brands.

anyways, i thought that the flooding and wimbldon were much more important shit going on or the terrorist bombing attmepts, but you seem pretty concerned about this smoking thing, which is turning to be more global accepted tehn carbombs full of nails . . .

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 30-06-2007 18:19.

30-06-2007 18:17 Homepage of Halph-Price
dotbee 4eva

Helpfulness rating: 

nah, over here those big nasty things, we take in our stride. its in our nature to handle hard situations. its our history.
jeolous terrorist bastards can lick my cucumber!
i'd rather talk about the declining of freedom to do what ya want.
erm...like smoking.

__
30-06-2007 18:27
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by Seven Gun
although i do think you cant take away a persons right to kill themselves. if smoking is ever made fully illegal, i will protest my ass off!!

Sure, but they are allowed to kill others too as it is, and I don't like that. If I go to pubs a lot, my chances of getting lung cancer increase a lot, even though I don't smoke. Thanks guys! It's not the dying that bothers me, it's the suffering before that that cancer causes, that bothers me.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

30-06-2007 19:19 Homepage of Surya
dotbee 4eva

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
it's the suffering before that that cancer causes, that bothers me.

yeah, that cancer is a bitch.
i hate 2nd hand smoke.
smoking in in enclosed spaces is correctly banned.
any place outside is fine by me tho.

__
30-06-2007 19:45
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

as long as it doens't kill you right away, it's MORALLY ok?

how about your freedoms as in Big Brotehr watching you with closed circuit cameras. at least you know whot eh terrorist WERE AFTER they blow you up.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

30-06-2007 20:08 Homepage of Halph-Price
CULTURE BOY CULTURE BOY is a male
v v v iv a record missing

images/avatars/avatar-2361.jpg

Registration Date: 12-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

RIGHT! its all bollocks. you go into a pub and there is two seperate parts for snokers non smokers. i have no beef with that, then they take your right away. THATS BOLLOCKS. the mp's club is all ok to smoke, fuck that if its for some then it should be for all! ahhhhh now i feel a bit better

__
www.myspace.com/cultureboydnb
soundcloud

30-06-2007 20:14 Homepage of CULTURE BOY
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

taking away my right to ingest your smoke at my work against my will.

glasglow airport on fire for a bit, seems to settle down now....

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

30-06-2007 23:34 Homepage of Halph-Price
scag fish scag fish is a male
Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-2207.jpg

Registration Date: 30-06-2007

I've quit smoking some months ago because I had to be in the hospital for some weeks, some virus hit my lungs (nothing to do with the cigs, ain't denial neither =D ). Well, 'quitting', occasionally I'll smoke, why not, it's a casual delight when not addicted.

I think banning cigs out of restaurants is logical, food is supposed to be tasty, cigs kill it. Working floors also, as non-smokers spend alot of time there (as long as the rules don't get silly, examples above) . Public buildings too, if you can't quit the cigs for 20 minutes of being in a public building you've got a problem.

But bars, come on.
I think it's strange everybody is like pro or contra, why not make 2 areas in each cafe, I've seen this work a couple of times now. nobody'll moan.

In open air, I read that in an industrialized big city in England (started with a B, can't remember) you'd inhale the equivalent of 40 cigs a day, due to factories nearby. so basically, 2nd hand smoke seems me to be a bullshit myth.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by scag fish: 01-07-2007 01:50.

01-07-2007 01:47
goonybag goonybag is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 12-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

yep, banned in australia in all pubs from tomorrow. definitely a good thing.

__
www.soundcloud.com/hyphae
01-07-2007 04:40 Homepage of goonybag
sssonarrr sssonarrr is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-1223.jpg

Registration Date: 16-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

i heared that it is banned from now on in belgium in the big tents on a festival too. like i'm gonna go out of the tent everytime i want to light a spliff. Spliff

__
Bigup laborecordings
01-07-2007 12:56 Homepage of sssonarrr
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » smoking ban.......