drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Scud - Direction of Doom
Go to the bottom of this page Scud - Direction of Doom
Author
Tourist

Registration Date: 20-06-2003

Please check out my new track 'Direction of Doom' in the listen page and post your comments here!!!

This track has been deleted. Reason: Old tracks removed
06-12-2003 12:23
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Nice tune, though it's little borring. You should modify the patterns a bit, to make it less boring. That's all. Nice sound ;-)

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
06-12-2003 19:53 Homepage of Muad'Dib
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I don't think it's boring at all, you do so much with your melodies and sounds, there's something new every 15 seconds Bigup

Nice refreshing oldskool vibe, and contemporary arabic influences. Smile
I've now listened to it 5 times and I like the track even better every time I listen to it, yeehaa!!

The sounds are well chosen and perfectly layered frequency-wise, none of the sounds get in eachothers way, and it all sounds very fresh Bigup

The intro may be a bit more dramatic IMO, with a slower buildup, and don't put in the rave stab straight away.

What do bothers me a bit is the absence of the punch that the track needs. It all sounds so soft and tender, you'd better call the track 'Puppy Love' instead of 'Direction of Doom' Tongue
You have to rally up your compressors to fix this!! That'll basically get the track up on its feet, but you have to be careful not to overdo it.
The rave stab would benefit a lot by compressing the hell out of it, use a short release time and tweak the attack until it comes punching up right in your face. The other saw synth leads would improve as well with some compression.
Don't bother about compressing the bass, but do compress the whole mix a bit and beef up the low end of the kick to drive the compression of the entire mix, making sure you only compress a couple of dBs on the kick and snare, and listen if the hihats etc are not affected too much by it.

BTW I'm kidding about the puppy love Big Grin

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
07-12-2003 11:56 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Like it.
Drums are good
Sounds are good
Melodies are good
But as chronic said: wait with the hoover a bit longer and work on the punch in the track, it could indeed be a lot more powerfull.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

07-12-2003 19:20 Homepage of Surya
Eskil Eskil is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 25-11-2003

nice track

but sometimes the "bellekes" in the intro and in the complete track are a bit anoying i don't know how to call them but they sound like little bells or something like that...
10-12-2003 19:02
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Scud - Direction of Doom