drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » [at thechronic] Sae
Go to the bottom of this page [at thechronic] Sae
Author
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

[at thechronic] you studied in one of of those colleges, right?

can you give some details about it, cus it is actually exactly what i want to study. Only thing is it is so expensive..did you get a studiebeurs or something, that helped you out on the financial part?

There's a second option, that's producer at the conservatorium from ghent, but since i am not musically educated it isnt in fact an option at all..

And a third, is music technology at hogeschool limburg, in their pop&rock academie, but that depends if they are gonna start or not (2007-2008 was planned as their year to begin, but it was cancelled because they had some problems with getting the teachers legally ok or smth)

I wouldnt know what else i would study, cus this is all i want to study!!

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Friscko: 08-06-2007 22:37.

08-06-2007 21:07 Homepage of Friscko
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

Helpfulness rating: 

bump Cool

__

10-06-2007 11:04 Homepage of Friscko
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

heard some things bout that school

Zardonic went there...or wants to go there

i read it on this site on the tread of : estonian drumlnbassareana zardonic interview orso

good luck
11-06-2007 03:08
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Chronic is probably "on the road", just be patient, he'll get to you 100%.

If it's really urgent I know someone else who is on that school in London right now. PM me if needed.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
11-06-2007 09:35 Homepage of BattleDrone
Airfull Airfull is a female
Sexy Lady

images/avatars/avatar-24.jpg

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

it is expensice....it's hard working....

Pieter did it in London...(where it is very expensive to live too)
besides the school you have to learn and practise very much!!!
(a lot of time goes into that course :90%)

I went to the 'open deur' last year.
interesting!

you have to make sure you speak frensh or english because I don't think they give the course in dutch!

how old are you now friscko?

ur 19??

I don't think there is a beurs for that kind of courses.
who will pay that? :s

__

ONE BULLET? TWO BULLETS? THE THIRT ONE IS THROUGH MY HEAD!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Airfull: 11-06-2007 20:11.

11-06-2007 20:10
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

I heard some bad things about some of there schools

i believe one of them had thier "Pro-tools" courses taken away as it was so badly taught there.

if they are bad at teach ing that then you have to wonder how good they are at teach the rest of the course

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by D2o: 11-06-2007 20:36.

11-06-2007 20:35 Homepage of D2o
Airfull Airfull is a female
Sexy Lady

images/avatars/avatar-24.jpg

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

well...the things they teach you are just not simple...everything you've seen you have to practise and learn right away...otherwise you can forget it...

maybe that was the problem??

don't know...I didn't hear any complains like that before.

__

ONE BULLET? TWO BULLETS? THE THIRT ONE IS THROUGH MY HEAD!
11-06-2007 21:17
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

in the end it doesn't matter it just gets you in. you goto school for music, and end up doing lights, or sound desing, or even graphic artist, who knows wher elife goes. at least you have education.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

11-06-2007 22:12 Homepage of Halph-Price
Aron Tinnitus

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Airfull

how old are you now friscko?

ur 19??

19 in october

I'm in my last year high school now. And I want to study something in the direction of producer/audio engineer. I know i have very little chance to be allowed to the consevatorium, cus they are very strict. So SAE and pop&rockacademy are the only options.

So for now, i'm thinking to not study for year and then try to get in at the pop&rockacademy, mainly cus they are a lot less expensive then SAE. But I want to know what SAE is like for real, not like their brochures and if it's worth the enormous ammount of money..

__

11-06-2007 22:47 Homepage of Friscko
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

quote:
Originally posted by Friscko
[at thechronic] you studied in one of of those colleges, right?

can you give some details about it, cus it is actually exactly what i want to study. Only thing is it is so expensive..did you get a studiebeurs or something, that helped you out on the financial part?

There's a second option, that's producer at the conservatorium from ghent, but since i am not musically educated it isnt in fact an option at all..

And a third, is music technology at hogeschool limburg, in their pop&rock academie, but that depends if they are gonna start or not (2007-2008 was planned as their year to begin, but it was cancelled because they had some problems with getting the teachers legally ok or smth)

I wouldnt know what else i would study, cus this is all i want to study!!

Mind that it is almost 10 years ago when I did the course. Things might have changed in the meanwhile.

I picked this course after asking a lot of people in the industry what I should study so I could work for them, and SAE came out as the only possible choice. I visited several of their schools and chose the one in London since their facilities stood way above their other European schools (the ones I visited anyway).

It is expensive yes, but remember that you get 10x the worth in STUDIO TIME, and audio engineering pays really well after a couple of years. If you do a crappy course you don't stand a chance getting a well paid job in a studio, and will set you back in live sound. SAE puts you in the front line, they teach you all you need to know and a lot more besides Big Grin

It cost me around 700000bfr (17500 euro) to complete the course, including renting an apartment in London and all my expenses to live without any income for a year.

My parents sponsored me for half of that. You can't get any study loans because it is a private school. I did get unemployment benefits from the RVA for 6 months, but it was a lot of hassle to get that.

At the time it was a HUGE investment for me, it took me three years to get the money together. I never regretted it though, and would have done it if it cost me twice as much. I would never have survived 3 years in an electronics factory putting CD-writers together on an assembly line if I couldn't look forward to going to doing the course Smile

I went together with one of my friends, who is now doing nice jobs in live sound. Everybody from my class is still involved in audio, working for studios, tv, producing, management etc.

There is a big difference between SAE and the other courses you mention btw. SAE is 100% audio engineering, it teaches you to be an engineer, not a musician. You get some music theory but it's kind of limited. You get a lot of electronics block diagrams to study instead Big Grin

Several people have done SAE on my advice, but only one went to London, the others to Brussels or Holland. Judging on their careers I would never advise SAE Brussels, would likely not advise SAE Rotterdam, would perhaps advise SAE Amsterdam and would certainly advise SAE London Big Grin
The theory is the same but the gear and teachers make a huge difference. It appears that they put their best teachers in London.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
11-06-2007 23:33 Homepage of thechronic
Paracyte Paracyte is a male
Crazy Bouncin Sinusoid

images/avatars/avatar-2331.jpg

Registration Date: 07-12-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

just ordered the brochure from london sae Smile

__
My Soundcloud
12-06-2007 04:08
Aron Tinnitus

Helpfulness rating: 

i got the brochure from the dutch sae (rotterdam & amsterdam)

the courses are around 15000€ now (includes a macbook btw)

thanks for the advice thechronic...guess i'll have to work for a few year then

__

12-06-2007 11:40 Homepage of Friscko
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

gdane5@hotmail.com