drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » Suggestion: player on vote page as a popup.
Go to the bottom of this page Suggestion: player on vote page as a popup.
Author
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

When I want to write a review I need to play the track to judge it (ofcourse) and be in the tune´s thread at the same time to write something. In the current situation I can only accomplish this with 2 browser windows. If you could choose to play the track in a seperate popup window (which is piss easy to make) I could finish voting and write a review with the track still playing.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
12-05-2007 20:45 Homepage of BattleDrone
Seven Gun Seven Gun is a male
dotbee 4eva

images/avatars/avatar-2384.jpg

Registration Date: 16-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.75

agreed. Wink

__
"When you lose, dont lose the lesson"
12-05-2007 20:51
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Or maybe add a text box under the voting in which we can add our review about the track...? In this way, everything will be on the reach of your hand, you don't even have to change any page or whatever.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
13-05-2007 02:32 Homepage of Muad'Dib
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

Sure, but my suggestion is really 5 minutes of work.... and Chronic is a bussy badman.

__
14-05-2007 16:27 Homepage of BattleDrone
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Both suggestions are easy to do. I'll get on it.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
14-05-2007 16:39 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

the popup window idea is a bit fucked:
- if you press play in the popup it doesn't start loading until the instance on the main page has completely loaded. major annoyance. I think it is a limitation of Apache.
- the popup window is smaller than the smallest allowable value, so a white bar is visible at the bottom
- it is not user friendly, you need to stop the main player manually and then switch back to the popup window and start playing in there. While it is possible to stop the player automatically on opening the popup, this would require a complete recode using javascript. Clearly this will cause more trouble than benefits.
- the name of the producer and track does not appear in the popup until it starts loading. There is no option to change this, except in the skin Huh

The popup link is online atm, so you can check it out. I will probably take it down again later, I forsee a mountain of complaints Big Grin

Wimpy player is a pile of shit really. I remember the trouble I went through initially, having to code my own proxy so that it would support streaming from a secure mp3 folder. The standard requirement is to have all tracks in a folder inside the webspace (!!).

I'm going to do the 'review on the vote page' option, that will solve it too. Life is too short to waste it on Wimpy Big Grin

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
14-05-2007 17:22 Homepage of thechronic
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

There must be better mp3 players out there... although, on the user site Wimpy is ok. I find it really stupid that when the song position reaches the end the track is reloaded again. Unnecesarry data transport.

__
14-05-2007 18:37 Homepage of BattleDrone
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

That is something I can change Big Grin

__
14-05-2007 18:39 Homepage of thechronic
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

For your own good (and your bank account Big Grin ) you might as well change that then?

__
14-05-2007 20:34 Homepage of BattleDrone
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » Suggestion: player on vote page as a popup.