drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Logic Audio » Logic Tips Thread
Go to the bottom of this page Logic Tips Thread
Author
Player

Registration Date: 06-07-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

on DOA they got a logic tips thread which is pretty cool, I think we should start one. Dont worry how simple your tips may be they could always be something that someone didnt know.

here goes:

if you have two arrange windows open, if you link them together (the chain symbol on the top left) And have the main one zoomed out and the other zoomed in to like 4 bars or something, the zoomed in one will follow the other window. assign a screenset number to the zoomed in page, and then whenever you have a region selected rather than taking the time to zoom all the way in, you shortcut to your zoomed screenset and its instantly there, zoomed all the way in. This saves a lot of time and is really handy.

__
www.myspace.com/digitalcause
www.myspace.com/mysterious1000
25-04-2007 00:32
Digital Cause Digital Cause is a male
Player

Registration Date: 06-07-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

guys dont give too many tips we may get overloaded with knowledge here

__
www.myspace.com/digitalcause
www.myspace.com/mysterious1000
20-06-2007 23:43
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

I don't think there are a lot of Logic/Apple users on here...

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
21-06-2007 00:22 Homepage of BattleDrone
-J- -J- is a male
Big Bad Battyman

Registration Date: 15-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.25

sorry man, just noticed this one, that's a fuckin great tip you just gave, really useful, the zooming thing has been annoying me since the beginning.

a first tip off the top of my head:

If you have a VST plugin with multiple outs, like f.e. Kontakt or the ESX24, if you're loading heavy presets with loads of sounds and processing, rather open several instances of the plugin rather than using the multiple channels on that one plugin, it -awkwardly enough- saves a great deal of cpu power if there's one instance processing that heavy preset and another instance running another preset rather than letting one instance process all the audio.

another one:

use shortcuts, i'm not that far out myself, but f.e. use 'A' for your automation view, use 'x' to open and close your mixer, use 'b' to open and close the right side-tab (browser, loops, library, ...) use 'l' to loop a region rather than copying it if it's an exact copy anyway ...

i'm still looking for a shortcut that loops the region you just selected, cause the whole thing with the spacebar-play-shortcut always plays the selected markerloop rather than starting where the marker is ...
in cubase there's a standard shortcut shift+G that takes the region you selected and plays/loops it exactly how it is ...
i miss that one

__
It's a spiritual thing !

02-03-2008 01:53
Poppunt
Tourist

Registration Date: 16-07-2007

If you're looking for some tips from a pro, be sure to check out Play and Produce, the 22 of november @ Vooruit in Gent.
It's a day full of workshops, masterclasses, feedback an discutionplatforms.

At 5h pm, Arne van Petegen, aka Styrofoam will host a workshop on Logic. He will completely build up a track with plugins, synths and analog controlers. And Arne will provide a load of tips and tricks.

All info on www.playandproduce.be

Just to be clear, we are not spamming fora to get people to pay for our event.

Poppunt, the organising institute is a vzw, not bent on making money. With this project we want to help deejays and producers in their carreers, help them take a step foreward, with any kind of advise. You can always contact Poppunt for any questions about the music scene. We'll gladly help you for free.
If you have any suggestions for us to improve our event, feel free to reply.

www.poppunt.be
04-11-2008 13:49 Homepage of Poppunt
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Logic Audio » Logic Tips Thread