drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » Changes to samples page
Go to the bottom of this page Changes to samples page
Author
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I've imposed the new layout on the samples page.

Maybe not very urgent but I wanted to improve something on the site in half an hour Tongue

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
09-04-2007 15:03 Homepage of thechronic
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

I like it, nice work Bigup

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
09-04-2007 15:43 Homepage of Muad'Dib
philbee philbee is a male
Future beats for the streets

images/avatars/avatar-2742.jpg

Registration Date: 18-10-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

yes mate,much more pro lookin,nice work chronic Big Grin

__
Philbee Soundcloud
09-04-2007 16:49 Homepage of philbee
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I completely recoded the inner workings of the sample page. It is no longer a hardcoded html list, instead all sample packs are retrieved from a database, and the zip files are streamed from a secure folder on the server instead of being directly linked.

Adding new sample packs will be vastly easier now, and I've paved the way for commenting and rating the sample packs. Also stuff like ranking the packs and putting in boxes such as 'most popular sample pack' etc are now possible. These features will be implemented in the distant future though, they are somewhere near the bottom of my infamous to do lists Big Grin

I also programmed in a download counter which is working but not showing up on the page yet.

In the past putting up sample packs was a royal pain in the arse and many of the packs that were sent to me did not make it to the site because I delayed it until I forgot about it Roll Eyes If you happen to have made some packs which you would like to put on the site drop me a PM!

I did have to enter all sample packs manually in the database, it is possible I made some errors, so if you notice any problems post here!

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
22-04-2007 23:43 Homepage of thechronic
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » Changes to samples page