drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » roland jp8000/jp8080
Go to the bottom of this page roland jp8000/jp8080
Author
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 12-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

yo, anyone used either of these? (same thing,one a rack, one with keyboard) tossing up between this or a korg ms2000/ms2000r. Have had a play around with the ms2000, sounds fuckin great but the knobs are a little "toy like", seems like they would break easily in the heat of the moment. The jp's look more robust for live use, but I have not had a fiddle around with one yet. Any help appreciated!

goonybag

__
www.soundcloud.com/hyphae
23-03-2007 23:55 Homepage of goonybag
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

the JP8000 are a bit of a classic but to be honest are probably a bit outdated.
the MS2000 will me much more versatile(sp) but like you said the knobs are a bit gay.

depends what your gonna use it for most live or studio??

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

24-03-2007 01:04 Homepage of D2o
goonybag goonybag is a male
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

id say equally live as well as studio, i need a solid live synth, I was thinking about alesis andromeda or minimoog voyager , but my lovely lady freaked a bit at the price so I am going for a v/a. Its a shame the ms2000's are built like they are, if the were more solid this would not really be an issue for me. mmsayin?

goonybag

__
24-03-2007 02:49 Homepage of goonybag
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

quote:
Originally posted by goonybag
yo, anyone used either of these? (same thing,one a rack, one with keyboard) tossing up between this or a korg ms2000/ms2000r. Have had a play around with the ms2000, sounds fuckin great but the knobs are a little "toy like", seems like they would break easily in the heat of the moment. The jp's look more robust for live use, but I have not had a fiddle around with one yet. Any help appreciated!

goonybag
i would forshure take the JP 8080, from what ive read this is a great live synth,...load's those slyders to play with,..ive only heard good things about it,...but its dam rare these day's,...if you got one available to buy Shocked ,.. id forshure grab it,...I do own a ms2000rack,..great synth,..never had any problem's with the shitty knob's,..but they are poo indeed.,..cheers.

__
Space
24-03-2007 05:32
tired

Helpfulness rating: 

dirty jp>

__
Space
24-03-2007 05:36
goonybag goonybag is a male
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

yeh, missed out a jp8080 on ebay 2 days ago, it ended up going for au$800, approx twice what the ms2000r are going for. Is that wicked looking modular yours? beast of a thing that Smile

__
24-03-2007 08:01 Homepage of goonybag
tired

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by goonybag
. Is that wicked looking modular yours? beast of a thing that Smile
Cheers Gonnybag,..no that modular ain't mine, just a pic I found, heafty dutty though,..cheers.

__
Space
25-03-2007 09:06
Shinyuri Shinyuri is a male
myspace.com/shinyuribeats

images/avatars/avatar-2276.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

u bought either of them yet? i have both of them and they are both fukin class.tbh, its much easier to make some sick elctronic sounds on the ms2000, its got a really cool assign to function in it which can create some weird sounds. also it seems to me that all the parameters can go to insane amounts so from turning one knob u can go from a fairly boring sound to fukd up screaming lead. evil synth imo.

summary - evil elctronic sounds which can b tweaked hard

the jp8000 on the other hand makes more organic sounds, its got a better set of natural effects i think, however having said that it by no means means that it cant create some dirty sounds. on the left hand side of the synth is the control section - ribbon controller and modulation wheel etc - which if u tweak propperly can make some fukin mean sounds out of it. also the feedback oscillator is much better on this machine so u can get some natural sounding feedback which when distorted sounds great. also evil synth imo!

summary - mad sounds and good contol

those synths are my favourites - i got things like a juno and a DX7, renowned synths but when compared against the jp8000 and the ms2000, they dont cut the mustard.

anyways , whichever one u get, u will b very pleased

__
www.myspace.com/shinyuribeats

revel in the crapness of the website and then hit the add button... go on, do it, u know u wanna
01-07-2007 18:01 Homepage of Shinyuri
tired

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Shinyuri
u bought either of them yet? i have both of them and they are both fukin class.tbh, its much easier to make some sick elctronic sounds on the ms2000, its got a really cool assign to function in it which can create some weird sounds. also it seems to me that all the parameters can go to insane amounts so from turning one knob u can go from a fairly boring sound to fukd up screaming lead. evil synth imo.
The mighty Ms2000 and then some! Took a while for my lazy poo to figure it out fully, but its a treat know that me understands it somewhat, forshure diggin the Virtual patch editor, such messy fun, so many options. Arpeggiator is a deep somewhat. Big ol treat beast the Koerg ms2000, but she aint fully thick n chunky on er own imo most of the presets are just plain useless but thats all very easily sorted with some decent programing and external effect proccessing. MS2000 forshure has a distinctive sound, gotta appreciatte this beast for what it is, bit of a poo is it's only a 4 voice poly synth, and the distortion is smelly but somewhat usefull, just a stinkn dist button they give you, anypoo The MS2000 is abundant with features, a big ol treat of a synth and then some imo, need's loads of internall programming and external proccessing to make it fully thick but its forshre woth the result's, and the dam Vocoder is solid, heafty dutty, ive used it loads on vocal's, the mod/delay is also top notch, work's like a tape delay, another great feature is the audio in option, forshure a beast,

__
Space

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by equipped: 03-12-2007 07:59.

03-12-2007 07:57
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » roland jp8000/jp8080