drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Where to find free samples
Go to the bottom of this page Where to find free samples
Author
Producer

Registration Date: 23-11-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Hi, i'm a beginning dj and need some help. Now i use fruity loops 3.5.6, but i want to use other programs and don't know where to find them. I also need some samplepacks 'cause the standard fruity loops samples are a bit boring. thanks for your help!!

__
it's called stuctured chaos
23-11-2003 23:31
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Hmmm, a beginning DJ or beginning Producer? You're talking about Fruity Loops, which makes me think you are a producer, not a DJ.

Anyway, FL is good to start with, first you get the hang of that, than you can try other stuff.

About the samples: check the download section of the site, should give you some stuff to work with for the time coming Bigup

And let us hear the results Big Grin

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

23-11-2003 23:39 Homepage of Surya
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

There are also some banners in the downloads page which link to sites that contain lots of free samples. Most of these pages have links to other sample pages too, so you will end up spending all your time downloading samples and not making music Big Grin

When you've finished something let me know!!

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
25-11-2003 12:15 Homepage of thechronic
arkaeONE arkaeONE is a male
Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

thanks y'all, iv'e found thousands of samples. But a new question is, what dj gear shut i buy? I now work with two old technics turntables with a bad pitch Frown and a JB UMX-9 GEMINI.

__
29-11-2003 18:22
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Oh dear there is so much choice Big Grin
What's your budget?

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
01-12-2003 12:12 Homepage of thechronic
-J- -J- is a male
Big Bad Battyman

Registration Date: 15-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.25

ratatatatat
no choices:

technics !

(don't say you were planning on RECOMMENDING something else do you Wink )

save money, go work for it, make sure they don't forget sinterklaas // santa claus // your birthday etc etc etc

for a mixer
Ecler ! (whatever you buy from them, it's quite descent and their home mixers are affordable Wink )
Pioneer (lil more expensive, but the DJM500 // 600 absolutely fucking ROCK !)
Allen & Heat (if you won the lottery or have a job with a steady salary and you still live at home ...but this is the best i ever touched ...)

__
It's a spiritual thing !

01-12-2003 14:51
illuminati
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-191.jpg

Registration Date: 21-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 

if you`re gonna spin get technics 1200 mk3 the newer one`s with no notched 0 on the pitch....best to learn on...they`ll seem odd at first if you`ve used shitty tables...they`ll sound slower than normal....but thats actually the right speed....if you don`t want technics...at least make sure your purchase is of something with a "high torque" direct drive motor....you don`t want the record taking a second to speed up to normal...lower torque tables...like cheap stantons or numarks do this and you can`t scratch....on them plus it`s harder to start records off cue.....also getting a mixer with separate EQ`s and gains on each channel is KEY.....oh and make sure you have the same kind of cartridge on both tables especially when you record because the volumes and gain ratios will be offset if not...you`ll have to tweek the EQ`s more to compensate the sound differences....ortofon`s are tha best....IMO...
26-01-2004 02:26
arkaeONE arkaeONE is a male
Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

i bought 2 jb-systems q30's 'bout a month ago. Pleased and as a beginner i'm quite happy with it. Smile

__
26-01-2004 17:45
peet
Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-539.gif

Registration Date: 31-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 3.33

you sound blurry. what are you? a dj or a producer? or both? and what do you really want to do? i don't want to give you a bad time but you'll regret buying a lot of gear if you don't even know WHAT you want to do.

__

06-02-2004 22:06 Homepage of peet
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Where to find free samples