drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Automation clips problems
Go to the bottom of this page Automation clips problems
Author
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Hi all,

I have noticed in FL6 and now also in FL7 that for some reason automation clips seem to lose the connection with the object they are automating...
Everything looks still ok, but when you play the track the knob or slider you automated doesn't move anymore. This happened to all automation clips at once in FL6 (2 times in different songs) and now to 3 automations in 1 song on FL7. Pisses me off really.

Another little thingy with automations: when you insert empty space at the beginning of you track your score will move to the right, but the automations all stay in place so you have to move them manually. Am i doing something wrong or is this just the normal behaviour?

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
19-03-2007 13:16 Homepage of BattleDrone
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
I have noticed in FL6 and now also in FL7 that for some reason automation clips seem to lose the connection with the object they are automating...
Everything looks still ok, but when you play the track the knob or slider you automated doesn't move anymore. This happened to all automation clips at once in FL6 (2 times in different songs) and now to 3 automations in 1 song on FL7. Pisses me off really.

Hmm, it never happened to me, are you sure you don't accidentally break the connection between them?

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
Another little thingy with automations: when you insert empty space at the beginning of you track your score will move to the right, but the automations all stay in place so you have to move them manually. Am i doing something wrong or is this just the normal behaviour?

This is a normal behavior, and it protects automation clips or patterns from following the changes on each of them. If you select them all, and move the patterns for 3 squares, don't click anything but grab and move the automation clips after them.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
19-03-2007 18:08 Homepage of Muad'Dib
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Automation clips problems