drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Cubase » need help with kontakt
Go to the bottom of this page need help with kontakt
Author
TeamSleaze.com

Registration Date: 28-11-2006

ok dumb ass question

ive reached my limit on inputs on kontakt 2 ie ive 16 diffrent instruments at the moment running on my kontakt how do i get it to play more instruments without it playing what ive already got on channel 1 for instance do i have to tell my cubase to play instrument 17 if so how do i get it to do that as i keep getting stuck with my new instrument just playing what ive got on channel1

hope some understands this problem ive go.

im running it on cubase sx 3 if that helps a bit more

any help will be nice

__
did you know that some men go out with men not as freinds!!! huummm thats a bit odd aint it!!!!!!
13-03-2007 18:46 Homepage of collective
Ethereal Ethereal is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 06-07-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

If I am understanding what you are saying right, (which I hope I am), then can you not just load up another Kontakt 2? Seems like you just need more ouputs with Kontakt which you can achieve if you are full, by just loading up another one. In SX it will load it, and just call it Kontakt 2 #2.

__
http://www.demostreams.com/?ID=Ethereal

"drum'n'bass eto bezdna sovershenstva" translated: "drum'n'bass is the impact of perfectness" ... "Bad Ambitions" - Subwave
13-03-2007 23:22
PEAHEAD
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1473.jpg

Registration Date: 27-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

yeah help me with kontackt. cant even getit to work. is it cause i dont have the librays or what. it jus comes up wit thatshit windows send dont send screen

thanks in advance Happy
11-04-2007 14:57
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

each instrument that you load into a multi has it's own midi-channel, this is where you need to assign stuff.. if you don't want them to pay alltogether, toggle the Omni-mode off and choose a seperate midi-channel.

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
25-08-2007 11:55 Homepage of Soi
collective collective is a male
TeamSleaze.com

kontak will only 16 channels of midi i found that out off people an assignin them to there own channel on the mixer i found that out to but thanx for the advice anyway soi

dont many people on here use cubase at all seems like they all use reason an fl

so its hard to talk with any one hefre who got cubase or nuendo which i got like which is the same a s cubase anyway

__
did you know that some men go out with men not as freinds!!! huummm thats a bit odd aint it!!!!!!
25-08-2007 13:11 Homepage of collective
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

k, glad you gottit sorted
you can ask me anytime smt about cubase sx3 or kontakt or other stuff
was hooked solely on reason for a while, but i'm more&more gradually switching to cubase only...
cubase+reason rewired is STILL THE workhorse that fits my needs.

cheers

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
25-08-2007 13:50 Homepage of Soi
collective collective is a male
TeamSleaze.com

yeah cheers dude no worries i will keep that in mind

my problem at the mo is i cant structure anything i dont know how to set a track out i can hear what i want but i just have a problem with building a track

sounds odd but thats me really otherwise my breaks are coming on fine blines im getting better with

i should really get producer rights on here but i cant be arsed to write out 5 reviews. lazy i know

__
25-08-2007 14:05 Homepage of collective
-J- -J- is a male
Big Bad Battyman

Registration Date: 15-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.25

create a second instance of kontakt

OR

one instance holds a maximum of 16 different midi and audio output channels.

you can use multiple instruments on one midi channel by f.e. mapping the first instrument into the lower keyboard register, and the second into the higher. (or three, four, five ... this way you could potentially load 88 different instruments, samples and send em through one channel, but then again, why would you wanna do that)

then again you are obligated to send it through the same output, which is not really a problem when you're f.e. putting rhodes and piano or rhodes and organ samples through the same channel (or any other similar combination, in terms of frequency range that is)
but which is kind of undone when you wanna combine kicks/hats or something like that.
or you could, but create your internal balance first before recording/programming inside your track again.

__
It's a spiritual thing !

10-09-2007 17:14
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Cubase » need help with kontakt