drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » creating a tremelo effect
Go to the bottom of this page creating a tremelo effect
Author

Registration Date: 19-02-2007

Hey, I really want to make a sorta tremelo effect in reason that I can apply to any device - but especially for the nnxt.

Basicly I need level, frequency and wave type (ie. square, saw) control. I know there are lfo's on the devices, but on the nnxt I cant find any way to automate it, and on the subtractor, the only ways to control the volume with an lfo are to either turn off the 2nd osc and use the mix parameter on lfo 1, or use lfo 2 - but u cant use a square wave, which is what I want!

Any help would be gorgeous,

jjj
20-02-2007 02:19
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

yeh reason doesn't have a dedicated lfo device but theres a workaround

presing the TAB key will bring up the back side of the devices showing the cables and ins and outs. scroll to the device you wish to add lfo to. right click > create nn 19 but click it while holding the SHIFT key. this will prevent it to be automatically routed to the mixer. look for the LFO out on the nn19, hold the mouse button over it and drag the cable to the Amp Level on the subtractor. your nn 19 is now a lfo device, the only active control on it is the lfo. you control the ammount of it using teh little knob lefto to the subtractor in

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
23-02-2007 07:24 Homepage of cynik
jinjinjin

Registration Date: 19-02-2007

Oh sweet. Man, I need to learn more about cv stuff.

I nearly asked another question just there but I'll just go try it myself. Cheers mate.

jjj
23-02-2007 08:37
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » creating a tremelo effect