drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » logged in as guest on website but Zaphear on forum?
Go to the bottom of this page logged in as guest on website but Zaphear on forum?
Author
Tourist

Registration Date: 30-01-2007

was listening to some tracks today and hit the 5 mark and said i needed to register before i can listen to more? i cilcked it and said i was already logged in...what the balls yo! cleared all my cookies and tried again...still nothing...bloody thing thinks im a guest? anyways, anyone know? need to listen to ma whore track from greyone soon or im going to punch my cubicle Devil
02-02-2007 21:14 Homepage of Zaphear
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

It's a known problem. It happens when you have turned off the 'remember me' option in the forum.

I haven't had time to fix it yet, but I will look into it when I get back home in two weeks.

Temporary solution:
  • go to the options page in your profile
  • turn on the 'remember me' option (second option from the top)
  • clear your cookies

If you are on a public computer do not forget to log out or clear your cookies when you leave the computer.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
03-02-2007 17:26 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

I've been looking into this. It's going to be very difficult to fix. I will have to make some very drastic changes to the entire site, including the support of session IDs in every link of the site. There are literally hundreds of links on the site so it is a mammoth task to put in and test.

It will have to wait until I have some days off before I can start on this.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
15-02-2007 12:31 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

OK I made some progress on this.

It is now possible to use the login on the producers page to log in temporarily, just as you can when logging in in the forum with the 'remember me' option switched off.

This seems to work fine on my setup with firefox. I'm going to do some testing with IE, and if this works fine I will probably be able to fix the guest download problem. If all goes well this problem will be fixed tomorrow!

__
12-03-2007 19:39 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

I've fixed it. At least I think I did, it works fine here atm. If anyone still has problems with it, post here!!

__
23-03-2007 18:22 Homepage of thechronic
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » logged in as guest on website but Zaphear on forum?