drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJs & MCs » Does serato or final scratch = bad sound?
Go to the bottom of this page Does serato or final scratch = bad sound?
Author
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-1048.jpg

Registration Date: 20-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Sort of related to my last post.
I was wondering what you all felt about using mp3 software or cds' ? Do you think that the sound suffers to much? If so, is an aural exciter or sonic maximizer a way to bring back some of the depth that a track loses after compression? Would you guys say that an aural exciter etc. is a must in your signal chain regardless or especially if you're using mp3s in your sets?

__
SAVE THE SL1200

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by dmccabe: 27-01-2007 08:33.

27-01-2007 08:31
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

I think the final sound quality will mainly depend on the source quality. If you start spinning with 64kbps or 128kbps mp3's, then it just can't sound the way it should.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
27-01-2007 11:56 Homepage of djfreemc
Saikonutta
not helpful ^^

Registration Date: 09-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.83

I use Finalscratch,

theb 1st model (FS1)

It has loads of bugs in comparison to FS2. So my first advice is: if you're going for final scratch, definitly go for FS2...

About the sound quality: If you use decent encoded mp3s, you almost cant tell the difference between vinyl & mp3, so no special extra hardware will be needed.

You can also adjust some software settings in Final Scratch(but don't expect to much) : like automatic gain control for example...

this is the most annoying thing with Final scratch or other comparable systems: if you use third party mp3s, they will be encoded differently and sound different...
27-01-2007 14:34
drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJs & MCs » Does serato or final scratch = bad sound?