drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » FL Studio tip
Go to the bottom of this page FL Studio tip
Author
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

when you're pushing the limits of your computer, like i do all the time, i found through looking at the proccessing of the taskmenu that if you rest the mouse on the part of the window that make it movable, it takes the least amount of proccessing. just a smidge, but every little bit helps. putting it over other part's like the clock can use up resource, for some reason. i usually just rest it above the arrange window. on the part you grab to move.

FL 4 LIFE

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

25-01-2007 09:27 Homepage of Halph-Price
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Yes, I noticed that too. And, as someone pointed here before, you can press F12 to close all the active windows, helps reducing CPU count for some 5-10%.

Actually, everything that works takes CPU, so turning them off is a good thing. I can't wait to see FL7 - you can make Smart Disable to the instruments too!!! So not so much CPU usage anymore heheh...

PS I put this in FL Studio subforum.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
25-01-2007 14:27 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

imo for cpu usage reducing , dont use so much vst's
or use them wisely , dont use a big vst if you only want to turn one knob
26-01-2007 02:16
optikal_assassin optikal_assassin is a male
|da jungle snipa|

images/avatars/avatar-3214.jpg

Registration Date: 18-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by Muad'Dib
Yes, I noticed that too. And, as someone pointed here before, you can press F12 to close all the active windows, helps reducing CPU count for some 5-10%.

Actually, everything that works takes CPU, so turning them off is a good thing. I can't wait to see FL7 - you can make Smart Disable to the instruments too!!! So not so much CPU usage anymore heheh...

PS I put this in FL Studio subforum.

shit, that'd be great, being able to smart disable VSTi's as well. I know I've run some synths like the pro-53 for example that just tacked a whole shitload of unnecessary usage. i haven't really investigated the indepth changes in FL7 but rest assured, from I've seen of screenshots and some word of mouth, I'll be gettin' that shit. Pleased

__
Jungle Snipa on MySpace
26-01-2007 03:11
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » FL Studio tip