drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » Dnbbe birthday competition! $$$!!
Go to the bottom of this page Dnbbe birthday competition! $$$!!
Author
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Dnbbe is celebrating its fourth birthday!! Banana

To celebrate this, we will kick off a competition where you can win some hard cash! Yes, you heard me well, you're not going to win something hazy like eternal gratitude or a certain degree of respect on the site, no sir, cold hard CASH! Big Grin

A competition you say??
Yes, and not an ordinary one!

In this competition you can write articles about producing that will be published in the new articles section that will come online in January.

But that's boring!! Frown Let me make a track instead!
Hehe sure that's more fun but there are so many competitions like that already, and what's the point if you can't win a record deal? Your track will soon be forgotten, who cares about any tracks that were in a forum competition two years ago?
But with this you can make an everlasting impression Big Grin

People are always asking for good advice on certain subjects, we already have a lot of good posts with great info, but it is hard to find the right answers in a busy forum.

A separate articles section would be great, the site and members will benefit from it, and your articles will get you a tremendous credibility boost Big Grin

Any suggestions on what I can write?
Anything that is related to producing in general and dnb in particular:
- how to guides: how to get something done in a certain piece of software (eg 'how to make a reece in fruity loops')
- theory: compression, EQ, mastering, balance, phase, structures, ... if you know the ins and outs of it, put it in an article!
- reviews of new software / hardware / plugins / producing related books / ...

Check the production forums for some inspiration about what people want to know!

Which are the requirements for articles to be accepted?
We are looking for high quality here, you will need to put some effort in.

1. Obviously you will have to write them yourself. If you base your article or parts of your article on researching other sources, you have to put references at the end of your article citing all sources you have used for writing the article (with links, or in case of printed sources, with title, author and publisher).
2. Minimum length is one page (500 words).
3. Written in good English. If you are not a native English speaker I will help as much as I can in this respect, and other contributors can also help in pointing out grammatical errors while the article is in progress.
4. Nicely structured text, with an intro and conclusion, like they taught you in school Tongue

You can include any file you want in the article: graphs, screenshots, audio clips, project files (eg .flp files), refills etc...

When your article is accepted we will make up a contract that allows us to publish your article on the site, and this will require a photocopy of your ID or passport. This contract is also needed so we can do a legal payout in case you win.

How can I take part?
1. First of all register yourself as a contributor so you get access to the Articles forum. To do this go to the User Groups page in your profile and join the contributors group by clicking on the link. Don't worry about the application text box, you don't need to fill it in.
2. Make a new thread in the new Articles forum with the title of your article and the prefix '[IDEA]'. You can select this prefix in the drop down menu to the left of the thread title.
3. I will compare your article with others that have been suggested, and will give the go ahead only if noone else is writing about the same subject.
4. If you get the go ahead you can work on the article in this thread, and get some comments and advice from the other contributors.
5. If you not have done some substantial work on the article within 14 days after submitting the title the subject becomes available for other people to write an article about.

Can I make multiple entries in the competition?
Yes, you can write as many articles as you like. They will all take part in the competition. Every article makes a chance in winning, and a single author can have multiple winning articles!

You can only suggest a second article when you have finished writing your first article. This is to prevent people from hijacking the most interesting topics at the start of the competition, and to make sure people don't work on many articles at once and fail to complete them in time.

Closing date?
The competition will run for 2 months so you have plenty of time to write a proper article.

Closing date for finished articles is December 31, 2006!

Who can take part?
- Anyone taking part in the competition has to be of legal age (18 in most countries, if in doubt check with your local law administration)
- You need to be registered with the site! It doesn't matter how long you have been registered, how many posts you made or if you have producer status or not. Just being registered is all that counts.

Ofcourse it helps if you have some producing experience so you can write something interesting Tongue

How will the winners be chosen?
The winners will be chosen by a poll which can be filled in by all contributors after all submitted articles have been published. Every contributor can chose his three favourite articles excluding his own. All moderators will have a vote too. The results will not be revealed to anyone before the final vote has been cast. The winners will be the articles which received the most votes. In case of equal results there will be additional voting rounds.

Cut the crap already, tell me what I can win!!!
Winner: 200€
2nd place: 100€
3rd place: 100€
4th place: 50€
5th place: 50€

and a bonus prize of 18€ to someone who deserves it in my opinion, this will be entirely at my discretion Smile

The cash will be paid using paypal.

This post will be updated with more info soon!

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
03-11-2006 15:37 Homepage of thechronic
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

boh!

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
03-11-2006 15:42 Homepage of cynik
@1$-)
unregistered
should b judged by the mods not the members.
03-11-2006 16:18
@1$-)
unregistered
i think it shopuld b judged by you only so we get a totally impartial result. no offence to the mods by the way Big Grin

and especially as your talking cash to.

also r u sure u want to allow multiple entries ?. someone with several pseudonyms could walk away with all the cash....
03-11-2006 16:26
broadside broadside is a male
mentalist

images/avatars/avatar-1818.jpg

Registration Date: 17-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

wicked idea chronic! and with my elite writing skills, fine honed by years of english essays at school, I´m sure to win first prize!

If I could think of anything to write about Mad

Class idea though, kills two birds with one stone, stirs up a bit of interest and helps everyone out with their technique no doubt. Bigup
03-11-2006 16:45
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by MUNKI C
i think it shopuld b judged by you only so we get a totally impartial result. no offence to the mods by the way Big Grin

and especially as your talking cash to.

also r u sure u want to allow multiple entries ?. someone with several pseudonyms could walk away with all the cash....

Yeah definitely multiple entries. If only 5 articles are accepted, and they were all written by one person, he'll get all the cash. The prizes are handed out on article quality, not on who wrote it.

If more than 3 people submit articles voting will be done by the contributors themselves. Each contributor can select their three favourite articles excluding their own and the vote result will only be displayed when everybody who took part has voted. All moderators will have a vote too.

Every article that is accepted will only be published on the site after a contract has been signed by the author, including his real name and address and a photocopy of his ID. This way we can prevent fraud and possible copyright infringement and have a legal basis for publishing the article and issuing a payment in case the author wins.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
03-11-2006 17:10 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by broadside

That is the easy part Big Grin

What software and plugins do you use?

__
03-11-2006 17:49 Homepage of thechronic
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Wow, man, this is freakin nice dude!! Oh man, going to settle something out...

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
03-11-2006 19:08 Homepage of Muad'Dib
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

Nice competition. There had been some talk about something like that a long while ago, but nothing really came from it. With a competition and nice prizes like this, it will be sure to get a boost. Also if the articles are good enough, it will certainly add to the allready very high quality of the information on this site.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
03-11-2006 19:30 Homepage of djfreemc
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

Yeah I want to start an article section, but with a lot of nice articles from the start, would be a bit silly to start an article section with only one or two articles Wink

__
03-11-2006 20:04 Homepage of thechronic
anf0 D anf0 D is a male
CXNT

images/avatars/avatar-1601.jpg

Registration Date: 31-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
16 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.50

w0w congrats on being 4!

and thats a fkn awesome idea!!! and 500pound will make some people write some really cool shit... then you get all this cool shit and only one person actually gets paid lol awesome!

__
[R] CentaSpike :: Tracks
04-11-2006 01:49 Homepage of anf0 D
turnstyles turnstyles is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 03-02-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

This is tight! I have already finished the first article - just waiting for Chronic to let me in so I can post it!

Great to be back here. I had to reformat my hard drive back when the old server went down - and since I didn't write any of the favourites down, I forgot about the site.

But I remember some of the great producers that post here. Camo comes to mind. That dude makes some killer tracks. And Surya. I remember trying to remix a tune with a crazy vocal sample that drove me mad at the wee hours of the morning.

Ah, memories...

Peace.

__
...let there be drum
04-11-2006 04:04
AiBakMoe AiBakMoe is a male

Registration Date: 09-08-2006

This i can do, i can rustle up something to write about im sure Pleased
04-11-2006 04:17 Homepage of AiBakMoe
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

This is some competition. Helping out fellow producers and earning cash while doing so it a great idea! Glad you found the money to do this, hope it ends up with lots of great articles! Bigup

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

04-11-2006 10:59 Homepage of Surya
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

Yeah I saved up a bit Big Grin

When I got 518€ in donations for the new server I have been thinking long about a way to give it back to the community, but I had to find something that benefits both the site and the members. I think this is a great solution.

It is ofcourse not the donation money strictically speaking since that was spent on the server, but still I felt like I had to give it back someday from my own cash.

If this is a success I might do it again next year Smile

__
04-11-2006 11:52 Homepage of thechronic
broadside broadside is a male
mentalist

images/avatars/avatar-1818.jpg

Registration Date: 17-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
quote:

Just obvious stuff like Absynth and Albino which I highly doubt I could find anything original to say about . . . greatly look forward to reading all the other articles though, sure to be òf great help!
04-11-2006 12:02
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
quote:

Just obvious stuff like Absynth and Albino which I highly doubt I could find anything original to say about . . . greatly look forward to reading all the other articles though, sure to be òf great help!

Well... I have no clue how to use either of those, since I don't have them Big Grin

I just looked at some screenshots of them and they both look quite complex, especially the Absynth.

You could write a review of either of them, or an article about what is new in their latest versions, a beginners guide, how-to guides on using some of their specific features, ...

Just giving some ideas Wink

__
04-11-2006 13:43 Homepage of thechronic
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

sounds awesome. I dont have access to a computer at the moment, so am not making tunes - this type of competition means I can still take part!

Drummer
04-11-2006 14:41
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

Is there somewhere we can upload pictures and other didactic material in order to add them to the articles?

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
05-11-2006 10:31 Homepage of djfreemc
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

if only i had time to write one inbetween uni essays Frown

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

05-11-2006 11:31 Homepage of D2o
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » Dnbbe birthday competition! $$$!!