drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Should I buy Cakewalk Sonar Home Studio XL?
Go to the bottom of this page Should I buy Cakewalk Sonar Home Studio XL?
Author
Steppa

Registration Date: 23-10-2005

I've been using FL Studio for a while now but it's not mine and given it back to my mate and now I actually want to buy something that I own. I was thinking of buying Cakewalk Sonar Home Studio XL, is this any good, what do you think?
16-02-2006 12:41
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

Never used Sonar but Ive only heard good things.

Ive read a few reviews & had a information leaflet thing with a magazine & it looks pretty stunning imo.

I would highly reccommend getting the Sonar 5 Producer edition or studio edition if you can afford it.

For more info check out www.cakewalk.com
16-02-2006 15:15
fogga
Steppa

Registration Date: 23-10-2005

Ahh, I've got FL Studio for a little while longer now Big Grin !. I downloaded the producer edition demo and it looks quite complex, then agaon so did fruity when I first started using it.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by fogga: 16-02-2006 18:54.

16-02-2006 18:54
Philthy McNasty Philthy McNasty is a male
Florida DnB Masta!

images/avatars/avatar-2723.jpg

Registration Date: 23-07-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
24 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

I bought Sonar 4 and it was a a steaming piece. Get Acid pro or Ableton, they are much easier to use and not as confusing. But stay away from Cubase.....I think you have to have gone to school for music to know how to use Cubase!

__
http://www.myspace.com/philthydubbish
10-08-2006 10:11 Homepage of Philthy McNasty
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

not really,

there are loads of usefull tutorials online, there is even a few on this site.....they should help you on your way with cubase Big Grin

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

10-08-2006 12:06 Homepage of D2o
pointblankx

Registration Date: 13-03-2005

i dont use cakewalk....but am really impressed with acid pro lately and the rewire into reason 3.0....should check it out....
12-08-2006 15:45
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

i used sonar for a little bit.......i only used for like a few hours but it seams like a solid programme

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

12-08-2006 15:49 Homepage of D2o
Ethereal Ethereal is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 06-07-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by iKoN
I bought Sonar 4 and it was a a steaming piece. Get Acid pro or Ableton, they are much easier to use and not as confusing. But stay away from Cubase.....I think you have to have gone to school for music to know how to use Cubase!

Cubase owns man. Everything about it is nicem aside from the learning curve.

And as for that, just get some online tutorials and ask some people on forums or on aim how to use it. Most will help ya out.

__
http://www.demostreams.com/?ID=Ethereal

"drum'n'bass eto bezdna sovershenstva" translated: "drum'n'bass is the impact of perfectness" ... "Bad Ambitions" - Subwave
14-08-2006 23:30
Philthy McNasty Philthy McNasty is a male
Florida DnB Masta!

images/avatars/avatar-2723.jpg

Registration Date: 23-07-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
24 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

quote:
Originally posted by Ethereal
quote:

And as for that, just get some online tutorials and ask some people on forums or on aim how to use it. Most will help ya out.

Man I have read more tutorials for Cubase than I would want to, and it took me 3 hours to lay down a 4sec bassline nonlooping of course. The sound quality is unreal but Acid Pro does the same if you can tweak it enough. I've been hearing really good things about Logik lately though so I might check it out. But first I am getting my Korg Kaos pad before I get any other programs.

__
http://www.myspace.com/philthydubbish

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Philthy McNasty: 15-08-2006 02:20.

15-08-2006 02:19 Homepage of Philthy McNasty
Ethereal Ethereal is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 06-07-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ethereal
quote:

Man I have read more tutorials for Cubase than I would want to, and it took me 3 hours to lay down a 4sec bassline nonlooping of course. The sound quality is unreal but Acid Pro does the same if you can tweak it enough. I've been hearing really good things about Logik lately though so I might check it out. But first I am getting my Korg Kaos pad before I get any other programs.

Then you probably have read some confusing shit. I could teach you enough about it to make a tune in , one on one with aim in a hour or so. Then you just refernce back to it. Plain english and everything too.

__
http://www.demostreams.com/?ID=Ethereal

"drum'n'bass eto bezdna sovershenstva" translated: "drum'n'bass is the impact of perfectness" ... "Bad Ambitions" - Subwave
15-08-2006 22:22
gls
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

quote:

Man I have read more tutorials for Cubase than I would want to, and it took me 3 hours to lay down a 4sec bassline nonlooping of course.

It took me about 3 hours just to make a noise in cubase, never mind writing a bassline. You must be a quick learner. Big Grin
16-08-2006 11:40
@1$-)
unregistered
quote:
Originally posted by gls

It took me about 3 hours just to make a noise in cubase, never mind writing a bassline. You must be a quick learner. Big Grin

u gave up to quickly
10-10-2006 19:16
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Should I buy Cakewalk Sonar Home Studio XL?