drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Friscko - It's Not Over
Go to the bottom of this page Friscko - It's Not Over 3 Votes - Average Rating: 7.333 Votes - Average Rating: 7.33
Author
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

yo frisk

2nd listen to this track now , i really like the whole , just some EQing

review:

intro goes well , just the high end is too much (hats) , listening with closed headphones (senheiser).
pitched vocal is fukin nice.
intro could be a bit longe'r imo...
drop is massive indeed , how much drumloops did you used lol , reece is phat , just the eqing fucks some things up ... like you sqeezed the drumz throug everything wich is good , but some low/mid clipping sometimes.
structure & overall are very very decent Bigup
Skwonne , big improvement imo
16-01-2006 15:20
PLaGuE CeLL PLaGuE CeLL is a male
Subwoofer on a Killing Spree

images/avatars/avatar-1457.jpg

Registration Date: 13-01-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

I like the abstract ambience at the beginning, bit squarepushery, i think the hi hat is a bit tinny and midi-ish

good use of the amen Smile me likey da amen break and this is good stuff
the bas sounds a bit distorted, is this intentional? it sounds like its just clipping and distorting...
the abstarct ambience becomes to sorta, pure...? like pure sound, needs a saw wave to beef it up a bit i think?
i really wish my pc speakers were good, cos i cant tell if theres any sub bass :S i think it needs a contrasting section, although im all for mentalness, (hell, im a huge fan of death metal) a breakdown would be nice. the 'its not over' vox would be perfect for paving out that section if you were to do it.
i like the ibiza club style thingy at 2:29, perhaps a bit louder tho...

__
My Myspace

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by PLaGuE CeLL: 16-01-2006 22:04.

16-01-2006 22:03
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

quote:
Originally posted by greyone
drop is massive indeed , how much drumloops did you used lol

about 10, i think Roll Eyes Big Grin
and i'm not counting the amen filtering in and the "percusive" one at the second drop.. Big Grin

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
16-01-2006 22:18 Homepage of Friscko
Aron Tinnitus

Helpfulness rating: 

wednesday afternoon bump Big Grin

__

18-01-2006 13:54 Homepage of Friscko
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

Nice production,...full soundin,...classic pithed vocal's,...huge drop man,..absolutly huuge! Shocked ,...bass is mixed well on my end, but there's little bit a blarring goin on->2:11,...track could do with another break,..get's a bit repetative,..but dam man the shit's hittin hard,..this be some crazy shit Friscko.. Evil

__
Space
20-01-2006 03:21
Skull Smasher Skull Smasher is a male
Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-1442.gif

Registration Date: 13-01-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Choirs from the intro are out of tune. The vocals have been used to death and sound very housey. Reece is nice though. Tramens are baning, but also quite old sounding. The 2-step pattern doesn't work for this tune, stick to non-2-step beat patterns. Overall sound seems to clip quite a bit. Whach those levels man! Ough, that new choir stab that comes in is out of key a hell of a lot too! Tune your samples if they are out of tune! Thisone has potential, but levels and tuning needs a lot of work. And ditch that crappy vocal!
20-01-2006 14:23
stiffer
Producer

Registration Date: 06-10-2007

likin the track old skool esque vibez
i like the reece!! ha lol. sorry surora.
your high end in this track is TOO bright to the point that it almost hurts your ears.
the firefight break is a bit louder than the amen and so cuts through a little too much
i do like this tho pure filth
23-10-2007 15:05
syneptic syneptic is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2272.jpg

Registration Date: 11-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.60

mega distortion !!

i would change the intro too - probably a delay and reverb or kinf of this over the choirs - its too hard edged and cut for me

i really like the idea - and the tune could be so great !!!! but honestly i cant listen to it because it ruins my ears - way too compressed and distorted !

__
www.myspace.com/djsyneptic
24-10-2007 20:45 Homepage of syneptic
Aron Tinnitus

Helpfulness rating: 

Friscko - The Filthy Ping Pang

review that, at least you'll tell me something usefull, instead of telling me stuff about a tune that's one year old and i already know for a year.. Red Face Roll Eyes

__

24-10-2007 20:47 Homepage of Friscko
syneptic syneptic is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2272.jpg

Registration Date: 11-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.60

looool

sorry - i havent seen that - and for your information - i already reviewed that one Wink

calm down

__
www.myspace.com/djsyneptic
24-10-2007 21:07 Homepage of syneptic
Aron Tinnitus

Helpfulness rating: 

sorry if it came over a bit mad, that wasnt my intention Tongue

__

24-10-2007 21:57 Homepage of Friscko
OBLIVION12 OBLIVION12 is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 16-11-2007

ok you got a nice intro beat coming in.. but i feel the sound in the background is too high pitched for my taste.. the snare could however use a bit more. i like the punchy snares that stand out... i like that lfo bass kinda sound that pops in once in a while.. and then the bass that builds uip your track at about 1 min.. is pretty cool... with a nice sample.. props... ohhh and then the kick in of the beat is kinda sudden would propose an addition of a trick here and there... too sudden!... i like some of the mash ups you place inbetween your track... i like your add of percussion making the track nice and rolly... keep on... pretty cool track...and i gotta say the snare feels better in place now... peace:>
17-11-2007 11:14
OBLIVION12 OBLIVION12 is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 16-11-2007

nice old skool intro, nice use of filters on the drop. proper tear it down when it drops, well worked beats and the "its not over vocal is used well, not over used, it does sound a little distorted now and then but it adds to the darkside sound of the tune, the sub bass didnt appear to be loud enough for me. i was nodding my head through this, which is a good sign i suppose, quite impressive i think, im thinking of uploading some of my tunes on here, ive got my work cut out so i better get busy, it sounds good at the first drop where the echo leads into a silent section and then the filter drums build it up untill it drops. thats my favourite part
17-11-2007 11:38
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Friscko - It's Not Over