drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Not so fruity beats
Go to the bottom of this page Not so fruity beats
Author
Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-1507.jpg

Registration Date: 10-01-2006

It's all preference but am I missing out?.....

I sequence my beats through cubase, ie I get my sounds put them through Kontakt then into Cubase. But all you guys seem to be using Fruity Loops, is there any benefits?

Forever Liquid

__
Liquid
12-01-2006 13:12
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

quote:
Originally posted by dizriz
It's all preference but am I missing out?.....

Yup you are!

quote:
Originally posted by dizriz
I sequence my beats through cubase, ie I get my sounds put them through Kontakt then into Cubase. But all you guys seem to be using Fruity Loops, is there any benefits?

Yep loads. But I expect that there are benefits to the way youre doing things to. One thing is that FL has a built in slicer so you dont need a seperate VST to do things like chopping breaks up etc. I find the Piano roll a lot easier to use compared to Logic and other programs. It allows you to do quick adjustments to stuff like pitch, filer cutoff, resonance etc without having to open up an automation channel. I think that another benfit is that the sample player in FL is very CPU light, so you can quite easily have loads of hits that your only gonna use once in the track.
Other advantages of FL are that the built in generators are also very CPU friendly. Admitadly theyre not the best synths ever, but with a little effort you can get some great sounds out of them. Its the same with the effects too.

But as with anything its what your used to, I sometimes use Logic but I do find it slow and un-intuitive. Programming a so-so beat seems to take ages while in FL it seems easier to get a wicked sounding drum track, I think that the amout of control you have over things afforded by things like Logic can sometimes mean that it takes ages to do something simple.
Its that old thing again, its not what you use, but how well you use it. Ive heard tracks made on Logic of DP which sound pretty shite and stuff made on FL which sound great (Wisp: Nrthndr!!!!) and visa-versa. I would recomend you take a look at FL, but just dont expect to get great results straight away.
12-01-2006 14:11
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Yes inside the Fruity Loops subforum everybody is using Fruity Loops Big Grin

Have you noticed the Cubase subforum?

BTW there have been many threads about this subject before, no need to start a new thread every time Wink

Simply searching for 'cubase AND fruity' came up with lots of threads, including these:
Fruity Loops Vs. Cubase
Music Programs
HELP: I need advice on a good quality program to write tunes
Why not use better software?

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
12-01-2006 14:21 Homepage of thechronic
Thread is closed
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Not so fruity beats