drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » Reason automation
Go to the bottom of this page Reason automation
Author
Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-1305.jpg

Registration Date: 24-11-2005

Im relatively new here and have been reading the forums which are really helpful and badass in every respect. so for my first question:

In reason, when I'm automating a knob and I tell it to learn from the midi input, it learns it picks up the signal from my Radium 49 and learns it, but the knob it use to control is still linked to it.
This is frustrating when im trying to record the automation and 2 knobs are being turned when i only want one to be automated. How do I tell Reason that i only want one knob to be controlled at a time? Its kind of a newbie question but I refered to my reason 2.5 book and it didnt help.

__
Robotic takeover is upon us
18-12-2005 02:53
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

If you want the forums to remain helpful as ever, please post your questions in the right place Big Grin In that way, it will be a lot more productive...

Moving...

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
18-12-2005 04:11 Homepage of Muad'Dib
roboticrivalry roboticrivalry is a male
Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-1305.jpg

Registration Date: 24-11-2005

oops

__
Robotic takeover is upon us
18-12-2005 05:43
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

If you have Reason 3, it's easyest to put the needed machines in a combinator. The knobs of the Radium 49 are already asigned in a logical way to the knobs of the combinator. The only thing you have to do than is click thee 'Show programmer' knob in the combinator and assign the thing you want to automate to the knob of the combinator you will be automating. Then record the automation for that knob of the Combinator, not your acual machine.

You could, alternetivly, but I never do that, coz I find it clumsy, clear the control mapping on the desired machine and assign your own as you did before. Never acually done it.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

18-12-2005 11:12 Homepage of Surya
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » Reason automation