drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Bass
Go to the bottom of this page Bass
Author
Cool Tourist

Registration Date: 07-11-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 1.00

You know the free bass samples thats are on your site, Do you think i should compress them in my music or should i leave them as it, is becuase i dont want to fuck the dynamics
10-11-2005 21:41 Homepage of DholiX
Arkitekt Arkitekt is a male
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

i think that you should do whatever you want to them .. especially to make them your own .. just use your ears mate ... and your knowledge...

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
10-11-2005 21:44 Homepage of Arkitekt
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

yeah man he's right, you dont want to make a track sit back when ya listen and always be thinkin what if i did that the way i wanted too????

i use FL Studio but have taught myself from day one and i'm aware i dont use the program properly, ie the step sequencer, i put everything on one pattern and build the tune pattern by pattern.

it ain't right but over the years i have stumbled across new techniques in the process.

always trust your instinct
its like practising on a shitty pair of decks, you can prepare for unforseen circumstances when playing out.

good luck
G Bigup

__
My Sounds
11-11-2005 04:29
Twistedinc Twistedinc is a male

Registration Date: 09-11-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Glimmer
yeah man he's right, you dont want to make a track sit back when ya listen and always be thinkin what if i did that the way i wanted too????

i use FL Studio but have taught myself from day one and i'm aware i dont use the program properly, ie the step sequencer, i put everything on one pattern and build the tune pattern by pattern.

it ain't right but over the years i have stumbled across new techniques in the process.

always trust your instinct
its like practising on a shitty pair of decks, you can prepare for unforseen circumstances when playing out.

good luck
G Bigup

lol..thats what i do..for me it makes it easier to see if things will work or not, all in one pattern

__

11-11-2005 06:17
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

it doesn't hurt to compress bass, you don't hear it as much as feel it.

you can compress the hell out of ti, and notice it a lot less than any other instrument.

i would, it would help get more out of the bass, hell i tihnk i do for most all of them. but try to boost the low end first, or you'll just boost the noise that the bass has also.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

11-11-2005 07:26 Homepage of Halph-Price
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

quote:
Originally posted by DholiX
You know the free bass samples thats are on your site, Do you think i should compress them in my music or should i leave them as it, is becuase i dont want to fuck the dynamics

dont use compression period... everything can be done efficiently with the right distortion and eq... compression on bass in completely unneccisary

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

11-11-2005 13:53
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by Surora23
quote:
Originally posted by DholiX

dont use compression period... everything can be done efficiently with the right distortion and eq... compression on bass in completely unneccisary

it gets handy when its being filtered, especialy if the filtring is excessive and automated.. but then it's better to limit, not compress

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
11-11-2005 14:17 Homepage of cynik
@1$-)
unregistered
do what you like and make sure its not blatantly obvious where it came from, theres nothing i hate more than hearing something when i know exactly where it came from and it hasnt been changed, use ya sampler.....
11-11-2005 16:46
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

Dude, as someone has already said. Its for you to decide through experimenting. Dance music has all come from experimenting, the most influencial artists have got there because of experimentation, thats where originality comes from. There are no hard and fast rules to making music, the only thing which can be said is, if YOURE proud of it, then its great. You shouldn't expect there to be a guarantied way of making the perfect DnB tune, its all trial and error, and experiance and practice. Instead of asking all these questions, How do I do this, how do I do that. Go and play with the (copious amount of) equiptment you have, experiment, and come back with questions like: Why cant I do this. Otherwise, you may get the perfect answer but it will be someone elses way of doing it, not your own. The whole idea of music is that it is a reflection of your personality. As far as the question goes, it depends on the sample, and it depends on what youre trying to acheive.
11-11-2005 17:04
Arkitekt Arkitekt is a male
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

quote:
Originally posted by TechDiff
Dude, as someone has already said. Its for you to decide through experimenting. Dance music has all come from experimenting, the most influencial artists have got there because of experimentation, thats where originality comes from. There are no hard and fast rules to making music, the only thing which can be said is, if YOURE proud of it, then its great. You shouldn't expect there to be a guarantied way of making the perfect DnB tune, its all trial and error, and experiance and practice. Instead of asking all these questions, How do I do this, how do I do that. Go and play with the (copious amount of) equiptment you have, experiment, and come back with questions like: Why cant I do this. Otherwise, you may get the perfect answer but it will be someone elses way of doing it, not your own. The whole idea of music is that it is a reflection of your personality. As far as the question goes, it depends on the sample, and it depends on what youre trying to acheive.

dare i say it??

you hit the nail on the head bro

AMEN and KUDOS to you !

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
11-11-2005 22:20 Homepage of Arkitekt
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Bass