drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Bass synthesiser
Go to the bottom of this page Bass synthesiser
Author
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
quote:
Originally posted by equipped
Will be finally makin a pack for the site hopefully this week,..Nosrac gave me the low down on getting my e-mail set up so i can send attatchment's,. so as said before,.. finally gettin this shit on the go Smile ...if anything,. will send it to Nosrac so he can uplaod it on the site,..know that will work,..me computer won't let me upload shit,..only avatar and post,..anyway well worth the wait,..gettin to know me Virus inside out...cheers,..

waheey! Im waitin in supense Tongue
Well i can tell ya that the pack's of the access site are insane,..load's of phat-ass sound's,,..shit loads n shit load's,..deffinitly worth the investment,..first time ever makin a sample pack so any tip's would certianly help,.. the pack's on the site are huge so i hope i can work a decent pack together that's worthy for the mighty D&B.BE,....cheers Cynik,..massive Spliff 's all round..

__
Space
01-11-2005 06:13
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

quote:
quote:
quote:
Will be finally makin a pack for the site hopefully this week,..Nosrac gave me the low down on getting my e-mail set up so i can send attatchment's,. so as said before,.. finally gettin this shit on the go Smile ...if anything,. will send it to Nosrac so he can uplaod it on the site,..know that will work,..me computer won't let me upload shit,..only avatar and post,..anyway well worth the wait,..gettin to know me Virus inside out...cheers,..

waheey! Im waitin in supense Tongue
Well i can tell ya that the pack's of the access site are insane,..load's of phat-ass sound's,,..shit loads n shit load's,..deffinitly worth the investment,..first time ever makin a sample pack so any tip's would certianly help,.. the pack's on the site are huge so i hope i can work a decent pack together that's worthy for the mighty D&B.BE,....cheers Cynik,..massive Spliff 's all round..

Make some bad-ass-ed reeces. If u can make a reese, better than the Rave003 sample, then u have succeeded Big Grin

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
01-11-2005 13:26 Homepage of Friscko
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by Friscko
Make some bad-ass-ed reeces. If u can make a reese, better than the Rave003 sample, then u have succeeded Big Grin

what's with the reece infamousy? like it's rocket science.. everyone can make a reece. it's how you arrange it in the track what matters

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
01-11-2005 13:34 Homepage of cynik
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:

yeah, cool, just play a note for a couple of seconds, not too short, fuck around with the knobs, record. try different octaves, then a couple of shorter stabs, really anything you think of but no fancy fx please..

select which are usable and ditch all else.. Bigup

__
01-11-2005 16:18 Homepage of cynik
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

quote:
quote:

what's with the reece infamousy? like it's rocket science.. everyone can make a reece. it's how you arrange it in the track what matters

i disagree.. to make reece inwhich fits properly and sounds grimey, and is eq properly is much harder than just whiping up a couple saw wavs and distorting them...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

01-11-2005 17:33
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Surora23
i disagree.. to make reece inwhich fits properly and sounds grimey, and is eq properly

AND make it stick in the tune the right way.. that was my point..

__
01-11-2005 17:40 Homepage of cynik
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

quote:
quote:
i disagree.. to make reece inwhich fits properly and sounds grimey, and is eq properly

AND make it stick in the tune the right way.. that was my point..

ok

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

01-11-2005 17:50
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

quote:
quote:
quote:

i disagree.. to make reece inwhich fits properly and sounds grimey, and is eq properly is much harder than just whiping up a couple saw wavs and distorting them...

some people don't understand the whole reece thing, and it's not eassy, some of the basics are easy, like the lfo -> PW but it's more of playing the reece. some of the dnb tracks have nice little flux int he pitch as part of the envelope, and any good reece you'll only have about an octave to play it in, no more no less. the gritty sound gets too long, or too close. so what notes you use are curcial to how many notes you have left, if you want to go higher than the highest pitch before it sounds like ass, than you have to make sure the melody goes below that, or else you got nothig else to grab onto.
this is important since the reece is both lead and bassline, and is twice important. once you get it, it's had to use it, and some people forget that. it's like getting the best sword, and ten only beign able to swing it widlytip from a song arranger is too only use about half the notes first, so later on you have higher notes to go for. you rarly need to use the deeper ones. but yuo can do it the otehr way, and use the uppers and goo deeper, but it's harder too hear a deeper note than a higher note as a rule. part of phycoacustics.

i know this was unasked for and no one that needs to know this will remeber it.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 02-11-2005 07:19.

02-11-2005 07:15 Homepage of Halph-Price
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Bass synthesiser