drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Bass synthesiser
Go to the bottom of this page Bass synthesiser
Author
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 14-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.50

Hiya all

Im looking to purchase a piece of hardware for my studio, what i want is a piece of kit that will give me pendulum/noisia style B-lines...Im contemplating buying the Access Virus Classic which ive been told is very good, can anybody please help?

thanks in advance

Bigup

__
Re:Voltage Recordings
www.revoltagerecordings.com
+44 (0) 7904966436
Email: sensa@revoltagerecordings.com
MSN: sensa@revoltagerecordings.com
27-10-2005 19:42 Homepage of Sensa
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

quote:
Originally posted by djsensa2004
.Im contemplating buying the Access Virus Classic which ive been told is very good, can anybody please help?

if u got the money, just buy Big Grin

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
27-10-2005 19:47 Homepage of Friscko
Sensa Sensa is a male
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

i think i might just buy it but do ya think i will get the sounds i want out of it i.e. pendulum/noisia .....dirty evil shit basically Tongue

__
+44 (0) 7904966436
27-10-2005 19:53 Homepage of Sensa
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

quote:
i think i might just buy it but do ya think i will get the sounds i want out of it i.e. pendulum/noisia .....dirty evil shit basically Tongue

I know Sub Focus and Drumsound&SBS got one, and they (used to) get some dirty shit out of it.
But Sub Focus also got a Novation Supernova 2...
and Hive uses a Seqeuntial Cirquits Pro One for his reeses...

y could go to the shop and play a lil with em there, to see if it can do what u want it to do

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
27-10-2005 20:00 Homepage of Friscko
Haze Haze is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1257.jpg

Registration Date: 19-05-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

quote:

want to sound like noisia

quote:
POSTED BY NOISIA
we eq out the low bass from kick drums gererally up to about 60-80 herz depending on the tune/sub etc, and the sub sits in the obvious regions... 30-70 herz depending on the notes being played.
distortion: we use our ears to get that evil distortion, there's not really a set path or plugin or whatever...
just to give an example, a few weeks ago nik and martijn recorded a reese that was actually an arp on a drum kit preset on the korg n5, so it was basically a bunch of drum sounds being played in succession rapidly and recorded into the pc way too loud. it sounded evil as fuck and somehow we could even tune it. you never know.....

Post taken from DOA site read more here

Cheers

__
Death
27-10-2005 20:07
Arkitekt Arkitekt is a male
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

quote:
Originally posted by Haze
quote:

want to sound like noisia

quote:
POSTED BY NOISIA
we eq out the low bass from kick drums gererally up to about 60-80 herz depending on the tune/sub etc, and the sub sits in the obvious regions... 30-70 herz depending on the notes being played.
distortion: we use our ears to get that evil distortion, there's not really a set path or plugin or whatever...
just to give an example, a few weeks ago nik and martijn recorded a reese that was actually an arp on a drum kit preset on the korg n5, so it was basically a bunch of drum sounds being played in succession rapidly and recorded into the pc way too loud. it sounded evil as fuck and somehow we could even tune it. you never know.....

Post taken from DOA site read more here

Cheers

amen

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
27-10-2005 21:57 Homepage of Arkitekt
Darkside Darkside is a male
Old-School Rolla

images/avatars/avatar-955.jpeg

Registration Date: 02-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.71

hey as long as you know the basics of synthesizing and how to get those dirty bass sounds on a softsynth, you should be able to translate well from soft-to-hard synthesizing.
27-10-2005 22:16
@1$-)
unregistered
korg mikrokorg is dope. i got one. youll love it. but if you use the presets without tweaking them i will come after you with a baseball bat. Big Grin
27-10-2005 22:29
Haze Haze is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1257.jpg

Registration Date: 19-05-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

quote:
Originally posted by MUNKI C
korg mikrokorg is dope. i got one.

Shocked
how about recording sounds from it and putting on the site??? Roll Eyes

PLEASE MUNKI Wink

Bigup

__
Death
28-10-2005 07:01
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

The distortion you use is at least as important as the synth you use. Check out some guitar pedal distortions. They're pretty cheap and exellent for DnB basslines! In most shops you can test them on the spot, so take a laptop with you and plug it in!

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

28-10-2005 07:56 Homepage of Surya
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
The distortion you use is at least as important as the synth you use. Check out some guitar pedal distortions. They're pretty cheap and exellent for DnB basslines! In most shops you can test them on the spot, so take a laptop with you and plug it in!

i was thinking about posting a topic on this .. ie what pedals what hardware would be needed ... etc etc etc im a hardware noob.. you get the idea ..

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
29-10-2005 00:01 Homepage of Arkitekt
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
korg mikrokorg is dope. i got one. youll love it. but if you use the presets without tweaking them i will come after you with a baseball bat. Big Grin

is it really that nice?? i was in the guitar center (ie heaven) and was messing about with one and couldnt get shit outta it ..

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
29-10-2005 00:01 Homepage of Arkitekt
@1$-)
unregistered
quote:
Originally posted by Haze
quote:
korg mikrokorg is dope. i got one.

Shocked
how about recording sounds from it and putting on the site??? Roll Eyes

PLEASE MUNKI Wink

Bigup

im making one for the www.breaksfm.com site as i kinda promised, i think its gonna be exclusive to them but i would imagine all youll have to do is sign up......i think there might well be an access virus popping up on there as well.......hmmm...

yo arkitekt.....it aint whatcha do its the way that ya do it Big Grin .personally i luv it, best thing ive bought.....theres a lot of low end on it.....
29-10-2005 00:59
Sensa Sensa is a male
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

thanks all u been helpful

im gonna go buy a virus i think, i know the basics with a soft synth so i think i should be ok lets just hope its worth the £800

Cool

__
+44 (0) 7904966436
29-10-2005 01:24 Homepage of Sensa
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by Arkitekt
quote:

is it really that nice?? i was in the guitar center (ie heaven) and was messing about with one and couldnt get shit outta it ..

There's talk about it here

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

29-10-2005 11:33 Homepage of Surya
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

quote:
Originally posted by Friscko
quote:

I know Sub Focus and Drumsound&SBS got one, and they (used to) get some dirty shit out of it.
But Sub Focus also got a Novation Supernova 2...
and Hive uses a Seqeuntial Cirquits Pro One for his reeses...

y could go to the shop and play a lil with em there, to see if it can do what u want it to do

the supernova is dope, ive used it, but the screen itself is so big you need either avery very large image resolution on your computer or a big ass screen...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

31-10-2005 14:35
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

quote:
Hiya all

Im looking to purchase a piece of hardware for my studio, what i want is a piece of kit that will give me pendulum/noisia style B-lines...Im contemplating buying the Access Virus Classic which ive been told is very good, can anybody please help?

thanks in advance

Bigup

get the new TI it has updated sounds and with any knowledge of synthesis youll beable to make your sounds that much better... not to take away from the classic, but its just a dated sound..

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

31-10-2005 14:36
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

quote:
thanks all u been helpful

im gonna go buy a virus i think, i know the basics with a soft synth so i think i should be ok lets just hope its worth the £800

Cool
It is man,..and plus you can access to all the phat Download's...some sick sound pack's to sink yo teeth into..huuuuuuge bass!!!!!!! Spliff

__
Space
31-10-2005 14:57
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

Will be finally makin a pack for the site hopefully this week,..Nosrac gave me the low down on getting my e-mail set up so i can send attatchment's,. so as said before,.. finally gettin this shit on the go Smile ...if anything,. will send it to Nosrac so he can uplaod it on the site,..know that will work,..me computer won't let me upload shit,..only avatar and post,..anyway well worth the wait,..gettin to know me Virus inside out...cheers,..

__
Space
31-10-2005 15:15
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by equipped
Will be finally makin a pack for the site hopefully this week,..Nosrac gave me the low down on getting my e-mail set up so i can send attatchment's,. so as said before,.. finally gettin this shit on the go Smile ...if anything,. will send it to Nosrac so he can uplaod it on the site,..know that will work,..me computer won't let me upload shit,..only avatar and post,..anyway well worth the wait,..gettin to know me Virus inside out...cheers,..

waheey! Im waitin in supense Tongue

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
31-10-2005 15:25 Homepage of cynik
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Bass synthesiser