drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Nosrac - Harmony Corrupt [chicken chop suey remix]
Go to the bottom of this page Nosrac - Harmony Corrupt [chicken chop suey remix] 2 Votes - Average Rating: 8.502 Votes - Average Rating: 8.502 Votes - Average Rating: 8.502 Votes - Average Rating: 8.50
Author
Bag of Hammers

images/avatars/avatar-837.jpg

Registration Date: 15-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
17 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.76

Please check out my new track 'Harmony Corrupt [chicken chop suey remix]' and post your comments here!!!

Thanks to all who reviewed the first version of this and all your comments (abrupt intro, scrap intro guitar, distant vocals, more sub bass, more dnb elements etc.) were all taken into consideration when finishing this one up. There are still some clicks and crackles cause I was in too deep with this one using battery to switch to using Kontakt 2, but I got some interest on this one so its been sent off to be mastered (also, the vocal track will get tune up with melodyne) so if you're interested in the mastered version, send me a pm towards the end of the week, especially if you want to compare how much of a difference mastering makes.

I should also be going back and seriously overhauling "Aside" (name suggestions?) before leaving this weekend for Sweden 'til september - so this is adios for a while. Well, boysonberries, have a splendid summer!

P.S. What do call cheese that isn't yours?
-> Nacho cheese Happy

Final Instumental mix posted at ap link here:

This track has been deleted because a new version is available

__
Tunes pictures and info: Myspace Page
MP3's: Acid Planet Page

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nosrac: 15-07-2005 21:46.

11-07-2005 18:27 Homepage of Nosrac
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

Nice work, Vocal's sound much better and you can clearly hear what your saying now Pleased . The guitar still has that echo sound but that's about the only thing that need's work, the track really sound's 1000 time's better man. Good job on changing up that intro. Those snare roll's and that tamberine or what ever it is at the intro sound fantastic! Level's sound great on these speak's. This really sound's like a complete track now, great work Nosrac. Oh and ye have a bonney wee time in Sweden son Wink Not a compliant just the sound of the guitar is a wee bit off so great work, kick-ass track.10/10 Bigup ++Stu Maggoo++

__
Space
12-07-2005 03:35
BZU BZU is a male
Cool Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-308.gif

Registration Date: 02-07-2004

damn man my pc with decent sound system had broken down
have to listen to it on a laptop now, which ofc sounds awful.
I'm sure it's fkin great, I can hear that the buildup has changed, and it's awesome.
this laptop's speakers transform the sound so bad I feel like not playing it at all.

I'll give my opinion when the courrier brings in my new pc.
thanks for making this remix dude ^^

ahahaha @the nacho cheese Tongue

PS: damn courrier you take too long :l Happy

owe and: thanks for the lyrics, I'm singing along now :p
quite hard to immitate the accent tho Smile n/o hehe, I like it

ow and a little correction:
Intro: "here we go again, right back in the heap that you found us in. Why do you always try to mend those things that you know will never change"
should be 'Why do you always attempt"? I think, according to the chop suey remix Smile

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by BZU: 12-07-2005 17:43.

12-07-2005 13:45
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

See you in September! Oh by the way that's the name of me and davey whoo'ss knew tune "Grey Pasta" pm's

__
Space

This post has been edited 5 time(s), it was last edited by equipped: 13-07-2005 07:05.

13-07-2005 06:21
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

This is such a cool tune.
The intro synth puts a smile on your face as soon as you hear it, its cheesy but wicked at the same time. But I guess thats the same as the rest of the tune. The skatty drum section is really good, thats what I like to hear. The clavinet kinda synth is fucking funny, wicked!!
Its nice to hear a DNB tune which has real musical content! I reacon you were in a band before getting into production.
The only things I wasnt too sure about is the guitar licks and the vocal.
I dont mean to cause offence to you or whoever does the singing, but this would really benefit from a descent vocalist, It would remove any of that garage/home studio vibe and give a much more profesional sheen to the production. In regards to the guitar I think that the playing is OK, a little bit too blues style pentatonic shreading for my likeing, and this also has a little bit of the garange band vibe about it too. I think this is also down to the tone youve used. I dont know what youre using, I'd hazard a guess at one of the Line 6 Pods or the Amp Farm Plugin as the patch sounds a bit like the Black Panel preset on that. But I think some meaty gain for a bit of a Marshall style crunch (Instead of a Fender style twang) would really beef it up a lot. I just think that the synth and drum work is so good that it'd be a shame to let it down with a weak sounding vocal and tinny guitar.
Really good tune though and real catchy too, I loved the original version you posted and this one is much improved.
13-07-2005 14:00
Nosrac Nosrac is a male
Bag of Hammers

images/avatars/avatar-837.jpg

Registration Date: 15-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
17 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.76

Thanks for the reviews - ya when I first posted this tune I clarified that the vocals and guitar were just a one take experimentation, but I got deaf to it after awhile. The final Instrumental version is posted at the ap link below, but I think I'll post it here as well.

__
Tunes pictures and info: Myspace Page
MP3's: Acid Planet Page
13-07-2005 22:44 Homepage of Nosrac
BZU BZU is a male
Cool Tourist

After all these years, I had just liked to come back and say that this must be one of the greatest tunes ever made.
Browsing through a collection of music, it is the tune I always stop by and enjoy.

Thanks Nosrac!
job well done.
04-10-2014 21:05
JacksonP JacksonP is a male
Luminosity

Registration Date: 09-12-2010

Would love to hear it. Nosrac was my high school physics teacher Tongue

__
https://soundcloud.com/jacksonparaluch
05-10-2014 19:50
BZU BZU is a male
Cool Tourist

quote:
Originally posted by JacksonP
Would love to hear it. Nosrac was my high school physics teacher Tongue

I can do that for you. Just send me details on how to reach you. Mail?
14-12-2014 09:59
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Nosrac - Harmony Corrupt [chicken chop suey remix]