drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Sean Paul dnb remix
Go to the bottom of this page Sean Paul dnb remix 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00
Author
Cool Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-33.jpg

Registration Date: 20-04-2003

Hi All,

I just finished a rather simple but effective remix of Sean Paul's 'get busy'. I simply grabbed the mp3 and programmed beats and some fx under it, but the result is in my humble opinion enjoyable enough to share it with you all Smile

Sean Paul - Get Busy (Quinone remix)

Please let me know what you think of this drum 'n bass tune that wasn't supposed to be Big Grin

Inge
02-06-2003 01:08
mumblz
Producer

Registration Date: 20-03-2003

i like the tune itself,and it sounds dope w/ a dnb beat behind it too Bigup

__
www.mp3.com/dj_mumblz
www.mumblzdj.com
www.gspentertainment.com
www.soundsdevious.com
http://www.paradox-jungle.co.uk/
02-06-2003 02:42 Homepage of mumblz
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Not my style...

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

02-06-2003 10:04 Homepage of Surya
-J- -J- is a male
Big Bad Battyman

Registration Date: 15-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.25

nice start
but it still sounds waay to chaotic, try to get only the vocal out of the tune (you're already making tunes waay longer than me so i suppose i don't have to explain you how to do that Smile ) and than mix it up in a nice clean tune, this is still bad chaos, but it's a nice tune you chose to remix !

__
It's a spiritual thing !

02-06-2003 14:36
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Nice, some ragga dnb Big Grin

I don't know the original though, but it's a nice tune Cool

There seem to be some synchronisation problems between the original beats and the breaks you layered on top of them, maybe you can chop the original in tiny bits and try to get the sync perfect. I think you might have the original track in one long audio file, since the syncing gets worse as the song progresses (it's way off in the end). To fix this chop up the original in sections (eg chop every 4 bars) and then start moving each part a little forward or backward until the beats line up perfectly. With a good program (eg ProTools) you can do this very quickly and the results are perfect.

Mixwise the beat may be more upfront for my taste.

Anyway this is a style I dig, so finetune it a bit and it will be cool, ya man Pleased

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
05-06-2003 11:31 Homepage of thechronic
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Sean Paul dnb remix