drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Logic Audio » about logic...
Go to the bottom of this page about logic...
Author
Old-School Rolla

images/avatars/avatar-955.jpeg

Registration Date: 02-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.71

hey guys
this may be an incredibly stupid and simple question, but i actually havent been able to find a straight answer for it anywhere, and its crazy...
i'm planning to upgrade to a mac and logic soon (huge step from my 350mhz windows pc and fruity Big Grin but i effing need it)
can you load acidized wav loops and/or one shot sample wav's into logic? also, what filetypes can logic render to?
thanks in advance for answers..

edit: also i've read from BS1 records that the g4 processor will do fine for todays music standards with logic, but then i go and read here that g4 jus wont do...and on apple's site, g4 is the minimum requirement...so with a g4 there's gonna be latency problems then? shit, if i have to save to buy one of those g5s that's gonna mess up my budget like hell, i already got auto insurance and phone bills...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Darkside: 28-06-2005 02:44.

28-06-2005 02:27
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

as one of my instructors said, there's latency issues regardless of what you run, still, there will probably be more. but G5 would be more promising, but people made music with logic on G4. maybe use your pc to run some of the instruments and hook them up, this will help . hell maybe buy a few crappy computers, and hook each one up with just one vst going Big Grin

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

28-06-2005 08:21 Homepage of Halph-Price
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

quote:
Originally posted by Darkside
can you load acidized wav loops and/or one shot sample wav's into logic?

dunno about wav's/loops being acidized, but there's absolutely no difficulty in importing wav's directly into Logic.
You can use Logic's own platform or you can use an external editor
quote:
also, what filetypes can logic render to?

Logic renders to wav and aiff, but you can choose between multiple resolution-types (8-16-24 bit), stereo filetype = interleaved/split r+l, different types of surround rendering and different types of dithering.
And a G4 is capable of smoothly running some music app's, BUT, the CPU-usage is the weak point here, so if you're planning on using multiple VST at the same time, you might get yourself in trouble (but i'm not a MAC user, so don't take my comment for granted)

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
28-06-2005 10:38 Homepage of Soi
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Depends very much on which G4 you are getting. A G4 350MHz is not going to be very useful, but a dual G4 1.4GHz will run reasonably well.

A G5 will be more interesting though, if you buy a G4 now you'll probably going to want a G5 in two years time anyway.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
28-06-2005 10:50 Homepage of thechronic
Darkside Darkside is a male
Old-School Rolla

images/avatars/avatar-955.jpeg

Registration Date: 02-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.71

i'm getting a dual g4 at 1.4gHz, ya.
thanks for all the help guys, you eased some of my worries! Bigup
28-06-2005 15:59
zzero zzero is a male
Tourist

Registration Date: 26-05-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
A G5 will be more interesting though, if you buy a G4 now you'll probably going to want a G5 in two years time anyway.

apple is gonna use x86's mac with intel chips in a couple of years

no more g5 since ibm isnt intrested anymore in the production and apple only was a small % of their cpu sales
29-06-2005 20:34
Stutterstep
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 27-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

Logic will not take acid loops, but it will take any Wav, sd2, or aiff. How much r u paying for the dual g4??? It might be an idea to get a g5. In 2 years the g4 is going to be way out dated. I've got a g4 single 450 and it's outdated. Im running logic 7pro and i have alot of problems with big plugins. Im going to get a IG5 for $1500, and there is a major difference, plus i can use may old g4 as a second proccesser, G5 are not that expense anymore, look into it , it might be worth it

Respect stutterstep
29-06-2005 22:23
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Logic Audio » about logic...