drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Emblem-X - Crack that Skull - advice wanted
Go to the bottom of this page Emblem-X - Crack that Skull - advice wanted
Author
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

I have this track lying around for about 2 months allready asking myself if I has a chance becoming something good... Well, I can't decide... what do you guys think? Is it worth working further on?

http://users.pandora.be/peter.gabriels2/...hat%20skull.mp3

thx & greetz emblem

__

18-05-2003 19:45 Homepage of Emblem-X
Airfull Airfull is a female
Sexy Lady

images/avatars/avatar-24.jpg

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

work on it!!!! Big Grin

I kindha like it now... Bigup

__

ONE BULLET? TWO BULLETS? THE THIRT ONE IS THROUGH MY HEAD!
18-05-2003 20:41
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Like the distorted bassline. Hurts my ears a bit at the current volume due to the hipass filter, but like it. Like the stab and the drums too. Nice. Bit messy @ 2.00 n stuff.
Would work on the EQ a bit more, a lot of hi midtones n stuff, that hurt my ears a lot.
I think the sub could use some boost too, but I'm not sure since I'm not used to my new speakers yet.
Overall good work, you're getting better with every track!

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

18-05-2003 20:50 Homepage of Surya
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
Like the distorted bassline. Hurts my ears a bit at the current volume due to the hipass filter, but like it. Like the stab and the drums too. Nice. Bit messy @ 2.00 n stuff.
Would work on the EQ a bit more, a lot of hi midtones n stuff, that hurt my ears a lot.
I think the sub could use some boost too, but I'm not sure since I'm not used to my new speakers yet.
Overall good work, you're getting better with every track!

hmm i like that, sounds rough and expresses the feeling i wanna cause with this track Wink but idd drums aren't allways as clear as they should be... will work on that... any complaints about the first weird melody? I was totally done on feeling... dunno if other like it like It did..

greetz emblem

greetz emblem

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Emblem-X: 18-05-2003 21:12.

18-05-2003 21:08 Homepage of Emblem-X
Airfull Airfull is a female
Sexy Lady

images/avatars/avatar-24.jpg

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

sarcastic eeey Bigup Evil Tongue Wink

greetz Airfull

greetz Airfull

Tongue

__

ONE BULLET? TWO BULLETS? THE THIRT ONE IS THROUGH MY HEAD!
18-05-2003 21:12
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

the idea was making a track that really gives the people on the dancfloor a headache like they would feel when their skull gets cracked... Huh hehe that being quite unrealistic, i decided to make it a bit harsh to the ears and tried to give it that 'sneaky partymelody' to make it sound sarcastic, u see Wink Big Grin
tho I liked the basic idea better Big Grin

greetz emblem

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Emblem-X: 18-05-2003 21:22.

18-05-2003 21:20 Homepage of Emblem-X
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Crazy shit Big Grin

The rave melody at 3:07 doesn't fit at all I think, but it's made up of different sounds, so you can keep eg the bass part of it but ditch the stab sound.

The intro is cool I think, and it invites to do some weird effects with the drums. The first melody at 00:22 is very very nice, I love that dark edge it has Cool

The basic idea of the rhythm in the beginning is maybe a bit too simple, but this evolves after a while... I would use rougher samples for the kick and snare, they need to be fatter, try some controlled distortion perhaps.

The voice sample is maybe a bit too loud sometimes, it's really overwhelming. When you repeat the voice sample rapidly you should put lots of modulating effects on it and move it around, it really screams for a special treatment Tongue

In general I really like this, it's special and interesting but needs some work Bigup

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
21-05-2003 23:33 Homepage of thechronic
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Emblem-X - Crack that Skull - advice wanted