drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Party headz » democrazy presents: MYSTIC:23.04.05: FLIGHT & LEE@vooruit-Gent
Go to the bottom of this page democrazy presents: MYSTIC:23.04.05: FLIGHT & LEE@vooruit-Gent
Author
MYSTIC

images/avatars/avatar-2135.gif

Registration Date: 01-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.25

DEMOCRAZY presents:
Mystic

DJ LEE (Metalheadz, Timeless, UK)
DJ FLIGHT (Metalheadz, 1Xtra, UK)

Juice Blenders (Mystic)
Brekbit (Stu Bru)
Dobe 'n' Daze (Mystic)

Soul MC (Steam)
MC RD (D4MD)

Sat 23/04/05
Vooruit (Balzaal), St-Pietersnieuwstraat 23, Gent
Starts at 22h. Entrance 12,-
Presale: FNAC, Music Mania or http://www.democrazy.be
info@democrazy.be

Big Grin

__

info/tunes :: MySpace

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by daze_DND: 11-03-2005 15:25.

26-02-2005 09:41
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Looking good Big Grin

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

26-02-2005 11:47 Homepage of Surya
daze_DND daze_DND is a male
MYSTIC

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
Looking good Big Grin

Thanks man.
We try,lord knows we try.... Wink

__

26-02-2005 12:55
MYSTIC

Helpfulness rating: 

and here's the flyer for ya'll ...

Artwork hitting the streets today!

__

11-03-2005 15:27
MYSTIC

Helpfulness rating: 

For those not too familiar with likes of Lee and Flight, here's some required reading!

: DJ LEE

Biography:
Lee's involvement and history in the UK's underground dance scene dates way back to the late 80's. Since then, Lee has become a steady name on the circuit, known for his splendid dj sets as well as his involvement in Timeless, Vinyl Distribution and Atlas Recordings fame. Starting off as a resident at the legendary "Brunel Rooms" in Swindon, he played alongside DJ's such as Doc Scott, Fabio, Grooverider and LTJ Bukem. His impression there was so great that other bookings began to roll in from all over the country. In 94' Danny Bukem alongside Leo Roche and Sarah Sandy started the groundbreaking night "Speed" at Soho's Mars club. Along with Fabio they started the first Drum n Bass night in Londons West End with a more mature music policy. They needed a resident that would fit in with the futuristic sounds of Bukem and Fabio along with Doc Scott and Kemistry & Storm. Lee was made resident here,Lee was also made resident at the legendry "MetalHeadz Sunday Sessions" by Head Honcho Goldie and still plays for them to this day!!! From here Lee whent on to explore the European scene, being booked to play in Spain, Germany, Holland, Switzerland and Sweden to name a few followed by numerous tours in the USA with the likes of Doc Scott and MC Justiyc. As well as playing all over the world Lee was also involved in the Timeless imprint, which has over the years released some of the finest drum n bass tracks todate by artists like Total Science, Digital & Spirit, Cause 4 Concern to name a few. This year, Lee has started a new imprint called Atlas Recordings, which will feature talented musicians from all over the globe, including Austrian D.Kay (a.k.a. Mind:Machine) and Lee himself for Atlas 001! Check out the first release called Udon by Lee and D.kay and watch for more in the near future. Also D.Kay and Lee have in there short collaboration career have produced for Hi Priority labels such as Hospital,31 Records and C.I.A and theres more to come....... WatchThis Space!!!! So for those that don't know Lee as well as being an excellent DJ renowned for playing cutting edge drum n bass and moving into the Premership of DnB prodicers, he is famed for being continually upfront with his selection of dubs making him one of the most exciting DJs on the circuit.

Timeless Music

: DJ FLIGHT

Biography:
A little lady with a big Curriculum Vitae, Flight has come a long way since her south London schooldays spent swapping jungle tapes at lunchtime. Now resident at Swerve and with her own show on 1Xtra, her mum has stopped telling her off for giving up graphic design to pursue the gentle art of the disc jockey. And we've got South Wales to thank for that. "I started a degree at Newport but I only lasted one term because I missed going out so much," she chuckles. A regular face at nights such as A.W.O.L, PM Scientists and Metalheadz, it was seeing Kemistry & Storm play that inspired her the most: "They just blew me away, so I approached them one night and gave them a tape." Encouraged by their feedback, Flight moved onto pirates Flex, Rude, Rinse, Pressure and Kool FM: "If you're on a good station it keeps you on the ball. Plus you get loads of feedback on text messages." Any flirtatious ones? "I got called 'buff' once which was quite funny, but I haven't got any dates out of it," she sighs. "Well, not yet anyway." Kemistry & Storm kept a keen eye on their protégé's progress, and in 1999 they gave one of her mix tapes to Goldie. "He was looking for a new girl to join the Metalheadz roster and brought me in. Then six months after that Fabio got me on board at Swerve." This was a dream come true for Flight. "I prefer smaller clubs like Swerve because they're a lot more intimate, there's less competition to tear it out and the crowd is more up for hearing different things." She applies the same philosophy to her 1Xtra shows. "You'll hear stuff on my show that no-one else plays - more laid-back, experimental stuff. Plus it's a great way to test tunes without emptying a dancefloor!" However, with no MC to hide behind, she's finding the Smashy & Nicey side of things more challenging. "On pirates I never had to get on the mic, so it was a bit daunting at first, plus I hate the sound of my voice. I'm getting into the swing of things now." Still only 24, Flight has well and truly taken-off. So what are her tips for budding young DJs? "You have to know the right people to give you the breaks that you need. Make sure you're seen around the club scene, talk to people and show real enthusiasm." So, next time your mum tells you off for going clubbing, you can tell her it's homework. Catch Flight DJing at Grace @ Herbal, Fabric Live, Movement and Swerve @ The End.

BBC 1Xtra

Big Grin

edit:!
i almost forgot.... a recent set from DJ LEE

DJ LEE (Metalheadz,timeless UK) in Vienna march 2005

edit 2 Big Grin
the traclisting of the set above...

1.) Influx UK - My Name Is Universe - Formation
2.) Marcus Intalex - Instrumental - dub
3.) Dj Martyn- ???-dub
4.) Dkay - unknown-dub
5.) Logistics - The Trip -Hospital
6.) Dkay + Jenna G - Woe- Bingo
7.) Nu:Tone - Stay Strong - Hospital
8.) High Contrast - When the lights go down-Hospital
9.) ?-?-?
10.) Q-project - Urban Decay
11.) Influx Uk - Shine -Formation
12.) Dkay + Lee - Wax`d - Metalheadz
13.) High Contrast - Racing Green -Hospital
14.) Dkay + Kasra - Babylon - Critical
15.) Calibre - Is it you
16.) Marcus Intalex-Bridge The Gap-Revolve:r
17.) Craggz & Parallel Forces - Flatfoot - Product
18.) Ed + Op? - ? Rmx?
19.) Logistics - Inside my soul-Hospital

Boooh selector!.....most peeps here are very into harder stuff but check this.... sweeeet!

Digg every single track! Bigup the mighty Lee!

Wink

__

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by daze_DND: 09-04-2005 11:42.

05-04-2005 18:11
MYSTIC

Helpfulness rating: 

edit 2:

Tracklist of the DJ LEE vienna set added...

Pleased

__

09-04-2005 11:43
Tito Tito is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-1500.jpg

Registration Date: 07-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 

Damn Damn, once again a nice line-up..
To bad couldn't be there..it's the same date as our
Sub-System party @ Wommel Roll Eyes

Big Up Daze Bigup
09-04-2005 11:58 Homepage of Tito
echo virus echo virus is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-386.gif

Registration Date: 16-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by Tito
Damn Damn, once again a nice line-up..
To bad couldn't be there..it's the same date as our
Sub-System party @ Wommel Roll Eyes

Big Up Daze Bigup

same here...

__

10-04-2005 01:56 Homepage of echo virus
MYSTIC

Helpfulness rating: 

HOT HOT NEWS !

The Mystic mini website is now online:
MYSTIC mini-site

Features:

* A wicked compilation video of the 10 Years of Metalheadz event! A must see...

* An nice interview with DJ Storm about DJ Flight.

Both quicktime movies. (Thanks to DJ Flame and Wouter Van Parys)
More stuff to follow soon. Check it out.

__

12-04-2005 16:14
bau bau is a male
Cool Tourist

Registration Date: 19-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

the vid bits are nice!
looking fwd to see the voice live again.
and lee.....

edit// and of course the belgian goodies... think i'll be there earlyyy. a timetable yet ?

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by bau: 19-04-2005 15:21.

19-04-2005 15:20
MYSTIC

Helpfulness rating: 

Ok people,
Mystic time TONIGHT!

the timetable:

22h00 – 24h00:
BREKBIT