drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » stickbubbly - the hospital bed
Go to the bottom of this page stickbubbly - the hospital bed 7 Votes - Average Rating: 8.147 Votes - Average Rating: 8.147 Votes - Average Rating: 8.14
Author
mad man

Registration Date: 16-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.13

Please check out my new track 'the hospital bed' and post your comments here!!!

this track was made with logic , the albino 2, the es1, the esp, and a big bag of weed.
06-02-2005 23:21
Nosrac Nosrac is a male
Bag of Hammers

images/avatars/avatar-837.jpg

Registration Date: 15-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
17 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.76

Nice clean uplifting intro - very fresh vocal sample. Lots of nice layers here that work together very well -except there is maybe one slightly dark lower freq sound that doesn't quite fit. The snare could be a bit more distinct and the kit panned a bit. Structure is phenominal as usual with a really nice build up to one of your trademark catchy melodic lines. Bigger sounds in this tune - filling the speaker up alot more. Great variations, stays interesting from start to finish. Perfect drop out. Nice vocal sample (singing) - fits very well. Great feel to this one - my new favorite track of yours, but still really liking Alien chapter (and the remix) and snake charmer. How come you're not using the virus anymore? (I'll be visiting your bro this weekend - would like to see you and rich if you're around).

__
Tunes pictures and info: Myspace Page
MP3's: Acid Planet Page
07-02-2005 04:12 Homepage of Nosrac
stickbubbly stickbubbly is a male
mad man

Helpfulness rating: 

the virus wasnt mine.i had to give it back to a friend of mine.
hope to get one some day.

thanx for the review.
i should be around this weekend, ill pop by stu's
cheers
07-02-2005 04:37
camo camo is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2157.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

WOW! Im really inpressed! cool stuff!
the intro let u expect some mellow sounds. and then it goes far mellow (nice). and then:3.41: the beat does bad, and take the bassline with him.AWESOME!
A lot of variation without gettin confused!!!!

Well done!!!!!
I really like it!!!!!

peace!

__
keepin it rollin`

www.myspace.com/camopdj
07-02-2005 17:17
thefunke1
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-634.jpg

Registration Date: 09-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.67

What can be said, awsome tune....
Logic alwyas has the best plug-ins... I don't think they make the "big bag of weed" as a VSTi for Cubase yet.
The melody is fantastic, and lots of drop and variations that keep it nice an interesting. Your ability is far superior to my own, therefore I lack any suggestions on improvement, and you are your own worst critic anyway :-)
You always have very well produced songs, that are right on the money, and keep you grooving from start to finish, the vocal sample is awsome and not over used, as well, that bass line breakdown or variation at 4:04 is just awsome.... such a nice little twist that is another trade mark of your music.

Once again, thanks for the listening pleasure!!!!

A for sure 5/5 for this one!!!!! Fuckyou

__
www.acidplanet.comAfro

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by thefunke1: 08-02-2005 04:31.

07-02-2005 20:49 Homepage of thefunke1
kaliyuga kaliyuga is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 15-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 2.75

very gay,weak,soft and shit. it's like comp music on a master system not even pss2 or even ps1. u drop this in a club and get boed the fuck off.
08-02-2005 01:22
mad man

Helpfulness rating: 

all u have to say is that u you dont like it. and tell my why. u dont have to be so harsh. alot of time went into this song.

fuckin punk
08-02-2005 04:14
thefunke1
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-634.jpg

Registration Date: 09-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.67

kaliyuga,

I would have to say that is about the most unproductive, small minded, post that I have ever seen. Way to go buddy, your a star!!!

Stickbubbly is correct, a lot of people, regardless of there ability, put a lot of time and effort into any songs that they post. I have heard songs that are better than Stick's, and a majority that are not in the same league. There are some really creative producers on this site, and although they may not be signed to a label, or proffesional at this point in time, comments such as yours lack any kind of thought.

I hope that at some point you are able to post a song of your own, and I hope that those who take the time to listen and offer advice to you have a little more respect than yourself, whether it be negative or positive.

__
www.acidplanet.comAfro
08-02-2005 04:31 Homepage of thefunke1
DJParash DJParash is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 04-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

This track deffinately has great structure. Vocal work is great not overused one bit. Its to mellow for my liking but its is deffinitly a quality track. 4/5 since not my style. good work and keep it up. nice catchy tune.
kaliyuga: a few words for you; you have no idea about this shit and production do you? you dont belong on here so leave

__
Parash AKA Kleric
08-02-2005 08:07
marine289 marine289 is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 05-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

Beats sound clean, nice intro, great vocals.
Snare could use a bit more volume. At least that's how I hear it.
Some really really cool sounds in this song. Im mostly talking about background stuff and effects.
Beat could use some more variation at times, but I like the song. It's good. Bigup
3.5/5
08-02-2005 11:28
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by kaliyuga
very gay,weak,soft and shit. it's like comp music on a master system not even pss2 or even ps1. u drop this in a club and get boed the fuck off.

quote:
Originally posted by stickbubbly
all u have to say is that u you dont like it. and tell my why. u dont have to be so harsh. alot of time went into this song.

I think he means your mixdown is a bit weak again, it lacks punch and power.

quote:
Originally posted by stickbubblyfuckin punk

Don't flame please Smile

Anyway: here's my review

Great collection of sounds and melodies again, not much to say, just that your mixdown lacks power again. It's not "in your face" enough. Make it boom, make it smack, make it kick! You have great idears and the execution is great, but the mixdown is too soft indeed. You mixdown your tracks as if they were RMB or something. No offence, I'm just trying to tell you to make your mixdowns more agressive.

3.5/5 for the track
2/5 for the sound

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

08-02-2005 14:35 Homepage of Surya
tetsuo tetsuo is a male
Guiness factory

Registration Date: 26-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.67

same as surya ( difficult to review after him i guess... Smile ), i prefer pump up stuff, but i'm more impressed by the construction of it, that awesome, probably one of the best composition i've heard here, sound pro, maybe too compressed?
4/5

__
Yesterday' s futur is today!! Doped
08-02-2005 16:14
mad man

Helpfulness rating: 

thanks for the reviews people!!!

quote:
Originally posted by stickbubbly
fuckin punk

Don't flame please Smile

surya; sorry for getting a bit pissed, but im think u know where im commin from.
anyway, u say the song lacks punch in the mix,
any suggestions, im not quite sure what u mean.
drums louder?
bass quieter?
Confused
08-02-2005 17:24
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Hmmm, it's that your mixdowns sound very smooth and stuff. DnB should sound more agressive. This means that the kick should really kick, with a hard attack (kicks should be boosted around 80hz, cut under that not to conflict with the basslines). Same goes for the snare: it should have a fair amount of punch (this is achieved by boosting the low mid). But the snare should aso have a fair amound of snap.

Well, to be more specific for your track: I would give the drums a boost (except for the hat, which is loud enough) and I would reEQ the kick with a bit more mid. The snare is quite punchy, but give it some more hi-end to get a bit more extra snap.
The bassline could use a tiny boost.
Try giving every with a short attack a hard attack. So if you have a bassline with a short attack, give that attack a boost so that it kicks a bit more, to get a nice and pumping bassline.
That reece like sound (or is it hoover like, whatever) that you have could also use some more balls. Give it more mid to make it more agressive sounding.

I think you should compare the drums of my and your version of Alien Chapter very closely, you might start seeing and hearing what I did differently, and try recreating that punchy feel I gave the track. I think you could learn quite a bit from doing that.

Hope this helps Smile

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

08-02-2005 19:07 Homepage of Surya
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

i could see this on a ps1. maybe not a ps2. master system could not handle this track.

it does have some problems with eq. and the horribly smooth mellow sounds. god their mellow. OMG! the voice is so smooth! i could slip into a coma listening more to it. it's like an anime sound track more, than games.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

09-02-2005 03:32 Homepage of Halph-Price
fogboy fogboy is a male
fog

images/avatars/avatar-3219.png

Registration Date: 13-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

nice building intro and voices
very nice and clear
lots of variation keeps you interested
mint tune fuck yeah bouncy as fuck
Woot
10-02-2005 06:42
tracassasin tracassasin is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-815.jpg

Registration Date: 08-02-2005

kaliyuga this isnt a club is it

__

¬DYNASTY ENTERPRlSE

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tracassasin: 10-02-2005 07:24.

10-02-2005 07:05
additive additive is a male
DROP IT!

images/avatars/avatar-2973.png

Registration Date: 09-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

im about 3 minutes into it, and i gotta say, this isn't too bad. there's some really nice parts, and the sounds seem to gel really nicely.
good melodies, decent rhythms, althugh in the hats, a groove would have made it!!
i really like the ideas though, and the two leads are excellent with exciting tunes, and they "converse" nicely..
this reminds me a bit of a mod in a demo in some ways, but i think it's nice work!.. needs more bottom end.. especially after each break.. it doesn't require much work at all.. it's a shame there's not more of that chick talking vocal... because that was really interesting to listen to.. and something you wanna listen to more.
listening for the third time now, so it's definately got potential. 4/5 (sorry hope that's not harsh.. i can see a LOT of work went into that one)

__
http://www.additivemusic.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/additive-music/497601575363?ref=ts
10-02-2005 20:59 Homepage of additive
mad man

Helpfulness rating: 

Surya: big help man, thanks alot! Smile )

and thanks to everyone who took the time to review, i really appreciate it.

cheers!
Rinse
10-02-2005 21:45
Rude Rude is a male
I'm gonna get you

images/avatars/avatar-2314.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
25 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

quote:
Originally posted by kaliyuga

Shocked wow, dude Big Grin
I'm with ya

__

11-02-2005 18:53 Homepage of Rude
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » stickbubbly - the hospital bed