edit by thechronic: track removed because of copyright violation
24-04-2003 16:08
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Hmmm, something tells me you're using small speakers or headphones to produce. Your bass is too loud again. Had to turn down my bass by 6db to hear something else than that Big Grin

Nice dark track, nothing special tho. Good.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

24-04-2003 18:23 Homepage of Surya
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Very minimalistic, would fit great on a dnb after party. The weird voice samples and bird song gives a real avant garde feel in it which would go well with some classy labels I think.

What you need to work on is your production quality - it sounds rather unfinished. You need to work on your balance, which is not a lot of work since you're not using a lot of elements at the same time.

The kick is definitely too loud, but that can be fixed with some multi band compression. In general you need to apply more compression, the track is really soft compared to other dnb productions. You've used some single band compression judging the fact the hihats drop in level when the kick comes in, but that is done wrongly - I think the release time is too long perhaps.

The general balance needs some adjusting too, some sounds are a bit too loud (e.g. the sound effect at 4:10 - the cymbals in the end, ...)

The bassline needs some more growl to it, it's veerry subby now. Also the snare would benefit from some variation, try using a different snare or the same one with the top filtered off for the ghost notes.
For the rest the sounds are cool, well chosen Bigup

I really dig the moody chilled atmosphere of the track, just remix it a little and it will be top Cool

PS Is it called glitch because of the glitch at 2:53?? Tongue

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
24-04-2003 22:27 Homepage of thechronic
M.O.A.B. M.O.A.B. is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-567.jpg

Registration Date: 22-04-2003

cheerz,thanks for the comments there really helpful,unfotunatly I lost all my tracks when my computor crashed Cry , so i cant sort them out.But when I make another one i'll send it in.
Bigup
25-04-2003 01:34
M.O.A.B. M.O.A.B. is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-567.jpg

Registration Date: 22-04-2003

sorry bout that glitch. i had to cut a bit out, so i could upload it.
is it possible to make a track smaller by changing the bit rate?
25-04-2003 01:41
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Sorry to hear you lost everything Frown bummer...
hope this doesn't stop you from making some new stuff, I dig your style and I'm sure that when you get some more mixing experience you'll make some killer tracks!!

Sure you can make a track smaller by decreasing the bitrate!! Just try 112kbps or 96kbps or VBR Wink

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
25-04-2003 01:50 Homepage of thechronic
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » do you like my track glitch