drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Emblem-X - Witchcraft(preview)
Go to the bottom of this page Emblem-X - Witchcraft(preview)
Author
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

I'm ba-aack Big Grin Been doing other things than drum'n bass last 3 months, but took up creating dnb again this week Smile

check preview here -> http://users.pandora.be/peter.gabriels2/...0Witchcraft.mp3 and let me know me you comments!

thx & greetz emblem

__

24-04-2003 12:41 Homepage of Emblem-X
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Like the intro man, great atmospherics!

There's a strange brrrr that comes with the snare (or so it sounds) that I don't really like, but as soon as the bassline kicks in you can't hear it anymore.

Good work!

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

24-04-2003 13:00 Homepage of Surya
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
There's a strange brrrr that comes with the snare (or so it sounds) that I don't really like, but as soon as the bassline kicks in you can't hear it anymore.

Good work!

yeah i know, loved that about the snare Wink Big Grin so I'm not even gonna consider changing this Big Grin

greetz emblem

__

24-04-2003 17:40 Homepage of Emblem-X
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Hehe, it's still your track Big Grin

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

24-04-2003 18:17 Homepage of Surya
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Wonderful Big Grin

I like it a lot, and haven't much to comment except that I think the orchestral hits are a bit too much...

Love the sound of it, cool kick drums and phased snares! Bassline is lovely too, when it's introduced it gets you in a completely different rhythm but sounds very natural from the second time it plays. The drumloop that breaks sometimes kicks ass!! Good drum programming, really danceable and interesting. Nice preview bwoy!!! Bigup

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
24-04-2003 22:38 Homepage of thechronic
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

new version, worked further till after the break and drop... (not too fond of the drop and the melody in it yet, will still need work, cuz i want this to be a true killer!) Sped it up, like saphir said on breakz.be Smile (does idd sound better like this) and did some adjustments on sound and clearity of samples (I'm keeping the orchersta stabs, they make the drumlines sound sped up at some points, cool effect imo Big Grin )...

same link as above: http://users.pandora.be/peter.gabriels2/...0Witchcraft.mp3

again let me know your comments!
& big thanks!

greetz emblem

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Emblem-X: 25-04-2003 16:51.

25-04-2003 16:22 Homepage of Emblem-X
CH3M!K
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-75.jpg

Registration Date: 19-01-2003

Bigup all i can say for now

i'd do something about the stabs. they become a bit boring imo. but i loooove the atmos in the tune
07-05-2003 00:47
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

My fellow council members, this choon is now officially charged for being a baaaadd motherfucker Big Grin

I like what you did to it but it needs some more refinements. The first part is too long, it gets boring after a while. And the orchestral hits too (am blocking them out of my hearing right now).

For the rest there's one thing you need for the ultimate atmosphere in this track. Take your broomstick and portable MD recorder and fly to the nearest medieval village and record the angry farmer wives that hysterically scream 'Witch! Witch! Burn!' and put that in the quiet part in the middle Big Grin
Or you could sample a movie or something ofcourse and leave the broomstick in the garage.

Whispering voices saying 'she's a witch, a witch' or something would be nice too Big Grin

Enough bull I really like this, work it out mate!!

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
07-05-2003 01:07 Homepage of thechronic
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

was already planning to go for the wispering voices Wink Big Grin break souynds a bit too empty now...

thx for the replies, hope to have this finished before the exams (otherwise I've lost the 'voeling' with this tune...)

greetz emblem

__

07-05-2003 19:29 Homepage of Emblem-X
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Emblem-X - Witchcraft(preview)