drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » How to register as a producer and upload tunes to the site
Go to the bottom of this page How to register as a producer and upload tunes to the site 2 Votes - Average Rating: 7.502 Votes - Average Rating: 7.502 Votes - Average Rating: 7.50
Author
Guiness factory

Registration Date: 26-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.67

nice sound, work more on it and post it on the tune section...
And to let u know that the link got trojan in it..... Roll Eyes

__
Yesterday' s futur is today!! Doped
08-02-2005 20:33
tracassasin tracassasin is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-815.jpg

Registration Date: 08-02-2005

na wtf thats what every single person says, its not a trojan its cus 35mb makes you download the applet.
i dont upload viruses and shit

but thanks and thats nothin ill actually work on somethin and post a whole track. Booze

__

¬DYNASTY ENTERPRlSE

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by tracassasin: 08-02-2005 23:28.

08-02-2005 21:09
tetsuo tetsuo is a male
Guiness factory

Helpfulness rating: 

Nothing to do witn you, but while you actually instal the applet, a trojan is probably in it: i checked twice and same again. like the sound btw

__
08-02-2005 21:12
Cool Producer

sorry 4 the bump but do u know any other file hosting sites like 35mb? & thanks for the help.

this is cocaine speaking: Blow Back P2

__

¬DYNASTY ENTERPRlSE

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by tracassasin: 09-02-2005 04:11.

08-02-2005 23:29
tetsuo tetsuo is a male
Guiness factory

Helpfulness rating: 

I don't myself but if u check on surya or the chronic, they'll be able to give you some hints.....

__
09-02-2005 08:01
Cool Producer

can you make the "listen" page by hotlinking? or would i have to use royalty free samples and upload to producers page?.....i like to hotlink but the songs get way less attention, especially without being on that page.

__

¬DYNASTY ENTERPRlSE
10-02-2005 18:08
PEAHEAD
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1473.jpg

Registration Date: 27-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

wht dont u just do it propley and you wownt have this problem

PEACE from the pea
21-09-2005 10:33
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

quote:
Originally posted by tracassasin
can you make the "listen" page by hotlinking? or would i have to use royalty free samples and upload to producers page?.....i like to hotlink but the songs get way less attention, especially without being on that page.

Hotlinking has been disabled since it has been heavily abused in the past.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
21-09-2005 10:43 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
quote:
Originally posted by tracassasin

Hotlinking has been disabled since it has been heavily abused in the past.

Indeed. Best think, if you wanna link, is to post a link to the thread about your track, that way the people get a link as soon as they arrive on this site...

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

21-09-2005 11:19 Homepage of Surya
Ninjatron Ninjatron is a male
Tourist

Registration Date: 13-10-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 1.00

what?

you still use samples from other people ? , thats øut man , engineer it all yøurself - best way Bigup Big Grin Bigup Big Grin Bigup Big Grin Bigup Big Grin Cool no one is gonna sue you over a clean amen or any other traditional jungle loops . Wink -trust Bigup Bigup

__
Niñjàtrøñ EXTREEM ЮÚM & ßƧ§
since 1995 and owner of Kontraband prod. 96 Cool
www.acidplanet.com/ninjatron
13-10-2005 20:48 Homepage of Ninjatron
kanibalboy kanibalboy is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3011.jpg

Registration Date: 28-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

yes me too. what are the chances that smple packs and breaks n such that were free downloads off of sites like this one would be copyrighted? how could i make sure none of my material is copyrighted or whatever before i post it when i get to that point? i would deffinitly want to be sure ya know. suggestions on that please.
25-10-2005 03:42
Procleus Procleus is a male
Cool Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-1279.jpg

Registration Date: 10-12-2004

Most of what I need to say has been said by many different people. But it can never be overstated. Copyright is "the right to copy", and when you make something new, you have the copyright. To prevent someone else from taking that right from you, you must register the copyright. The whole point is be able to compete in the free market. When the Winstons recorded "Amen Brother", they owned the original copyright to every millisecond of it. Don't take their kindness for weakness. Using the amen break is still a violation, and will be until the holder of the copyright is bankrupt or no longer represented.

Synthesizers and drum machines are in the same category as drumsets and guitars. The sounds you make with them are yours. The technology is not. So you can't duplicate the ROMS or interfaces, etc. There is an exception, though. If the synth or drum machine is reproducing a copyrighted sound (i.e. one you sampled), it is a violation.

Drum patterns, words, melodies, concepts, etc. are ideas and therefore intellectual property. The copyright is similiar but not the same. As stated earlier in this thread, there is a legal option of "fair use", and limits the similiarity and frequency of use. (I don't know what, though.)

The point is, someone else is hosting your tracks here, and to get that privilege, all you need to do is thoughtfully review 5 tracks. Not hard at all. And because of that, he has to watch his ass because this place can be pulled overnight otherwise. If you absolutely have to sample "Boondock Saints", The Commodores' "Assembly Line" break, or some other obvious sound source, then host it on your own server. Nuff said.

__

13-11-2005 19:48
BeatJunkie BeatJunkie is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1730.gif

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

for some reason i did not recieve producers rights. ive done the 5 reviews (or more) and i recieved a pm from the chronic, but when i try to login on producer page, it says i dont have producers rights. Frown i know u guys are busy, ill just be patient til its sorted. thx

__

MuZIK
15-01-2006 21:26 Homepage of BeatJunkie
BeatJunkie BeatJunkie is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1730.gif

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

nevermind, been sorted....thx Chronic. quick work.... u guys can check out my first tune now!!! w00t!

__

MuZIK
16-01-2006 07:22 Homepage of BeatJunkie
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
No, you can't do anything with copyrighted material. You can sample it for yourself but you may not even play a song containing copyrighted samples to your friends because then you're broadcasting. You can't record it on a tape or put it on a CD-R because then you're publishing.

By law it doesn't make a difference if a song is published by a record label to be pressed on CD's or if it's published on a website to be downloaded for free.

You CAN use parts from old music for sampling though, but under the only condition that the people who wrote the music are dead for at least 70 years Big Grin

You CAN use drum rhythms and basslines from other tracks in your songs as well as lead melodies up to 7 sequential notes with the same chord scheme but you may not sample them because the sound of the entire recording is copyrighted. So you can use the same drum pattern as an existing song but you have to use different drum sounds.

BTW copyright counts for every piece of music that is made by anyone, doesn't matter if a copyright notice is on it or not. If you find a tape with your sister singing on it you can't sample it without your sister's permission!! If she can prove that she made the recording before you made the track containing the samples she will be considered the original author and she can sue you Big Grin

It all boils down to this: you can't sample anything that anyone else made without their permission!!

Everything is copyrighted as soon as it's made. to sample drum loops you're breaking the songwriters copyright and the producers copyright. the guy who preformed and the guy who recorded. so even if ones cool with it, teh other can still sue.

there is certin times you can legally break copyright, Fair Use. This is part of the copyright act, and this is where music companies that make there songs unable to be copyrighted is actually infringing on the copyright law in which they set.

I don't knopw how it would apply to this site. but i doubt you can claim educational use, or critque of work. I would think it is educational for people here, since nobody selling it and you're doing it free, and we all critque there songs. ... it's not set in stone.

but so others know, there is times you have the RIGHT to disobey copyright without the copyright holders permission, NEVER GIVE UP THAT RIGHT. we may never of had VHS if they were allowed to break the copyright rules for Beta's in colleges.

other examples like that is teachers printing copies for students.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 02-08-2006 17:15.

02-08-2006 17:14 Homepage of Halph-Price
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

This discussion has been had before a couple of times, I thought we all knew what these rules mean by now?

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

03-08-2006 06:32 Homepage of Surya
FRESH KUTT FRESH KUTT is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1706.jpg

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

uploading is restricted to paying members ???????? how much ?????

do i understand write ...... you gots to pay to upload ?

__
THE TRICK OF TECHNOLOGY IS ........ its not what you got, its how you use it !!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/prisonersoftechnology
14-08-2006 17:01 Homepage of FRESH KUTT
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

nah you need to PM the chronic askin for producers rights.
once you have given a load of reviews, which it seams you have Big Grin

then he should get back to you allowing you to upload

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

14-08-2006 17:19 Homepage of D2o
FRESH KUTT FRESH KUTT is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1706.jpg

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

nice one Smile

cheers jimmy c

__
THE TRICK OF TECHNOLOGY IS ........ its not what you got, its how you use it !!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/prisonersoftechnology
14-08-2006 17:46 Homepage of FRESH KUTT
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by FRESH KUTT
uploading is restricted to paying members ???????? how much ?????

It was while we were on the temporary server. Now it's free!

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

15-08-2006 12:01 Homepage of Surya
Pages (6): « previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » How to register as a producer and upload tunes to the site