drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Plugins » Looking for Synth or Sampler with note based loop length/end / musical repeater
Go to the bottom of this page Looking for Synth or Sampler with note based loop length/end / musical repeater
Author

Registration Date: 20-10-2007

Hello everybody,

for over several years I search a Granular-Synth or Sampler that include one particular function. I've no name for it, maybe it's the reason I can't find it. I'm very desperate, i research as far as i can, try thousands of Synths and Samplers with the hope any tool supports this simply function. Why i don't find it, it's quite simple, and i'm sure that any producers use this kind of technology to create ultra deep bass-sound for example.

I try to explain it with my words:

- The tone-pitch is only defined by a interval (for example the concert pitch with 440 Hz)
- Normally a Synthesizer Waveform or a looped Granular have a constant loop start- and endpoint, depending on the pitch the interval changes and the Granular/Waveform stretches or compressed; That's not what i want
- But the pitch of the Granular should be constant, only the loop endpoint changes depending on the tone-ptich (upper notes will cropped (or alternativ interleaved), deeper notes get space)
- or you can say, a sample-one-shot is repeated in the interval as the note you are playing

to simulate it, you can for example hit a sample on every 64/64 by 206,25 BPM and the basic tone will be 55Hz which is confirm with the note A. To simulate all tones with several tempo it's self-explanatory that this is a indefensible time-exposure or simply impossible.

To imagine what i wanna do, there are two examples:

- A very deep Bassline, which can go down under 30Hz with a kind of a kick-sample
- Strings (Violin, Chello...) or Doorsqueaking and creaking which are jointed by single cracks

I hope it explains for what i'm searching for.
If anybody know a VSTi that include these function, please scream!
Please spare me of additional sleepless nights Smile!
Thank you!
25-06-2012 16:08
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Put this question on Dogs On Acid... they have tons of Geeks who might be able to help you out.
If that doesn't work, go to gearsluts.com...

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
28-06-2012 13:25 Homepage of BattleDrone
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Plugins » Looking for Synth or Sampler with note based loop length/end / musical repeater