drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Azlateen - Distance
Go to the bottom of this page Azlateen - Distance
Author
Producer

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

Please check out my new track 'Distance' and post your comments here!

Well, I'm a little stuck on this song.

Just a basic lowdown, I put an alternating mix between somewhat chill parts to a little more intense, and back. I got some ethnic instruments on top of the mix to add some flavor.

I know a lot of people don't like some of the ethnic flavors, so hopefully I made it a little more appealing. I just want some advice on making it sound more dnb with the ethnic sounds. I got the rhythm's down with how to make the beat, but the sounds probably aren't quite on par. I feel that's where I need the advice.

Preciate the help!
18-05-2011 08:47
shir_pan
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 01-02-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

intro has a nice athmo. gettin confused at 0.46&1.53 a little, drums sound kinda mixed up, maybe some eq-ing would help that, also to give to kick more power, and maybe turn down the hats a little...i really like the pluck-melody btw Wink in between the intro part again, sounds nice. i think some more buildups, breakdowns, drops would do this tune good, just to help connecting the two "parts" of the tune. great potential in there imo, like the style, cheers.

__
http://soundcloud.com/shirpan
18-05-2011 19:12
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

The calm parts are a bit too calm and the instruments don't really tickle me.
The calm parts need something extra and perhaps (some) different instruments.
The heavier parts are nice but a bit repetitive at times.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
18-05-2011 20:52 Homepage of BattleDrone
SKINLEY
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 15-05-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.00

I'm not great on Ethnic sounds I'm afraid! But the Bass Synth doesn't fit the tune for some reason, something a little softer with not as much mid/high rasp. Could be a nice tune with a bit more work, try and think of an ethnic instrument that isn't used much! Google it?
18-05-2011 21:07
mattyb mattyb is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3375.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

I would turn the bongo's and the tighten up down a bit, they are too overpowering. USe either a hp or lp to bring them in then drop a harder synth tto add to the more aggresive part and change up the b-line. Oh and the beginning i would add some kind of higher pitched synth line, or some arpped bleeps and blops. It's good though. I like it.
19-05-2011 00:39
tryptech tryptech is a male
Tryptech

Registration Date: 16-08-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.63

Love the melodies, wuold choose othe rmidbass sound, drums are nice,may roll little more, but arent bad
rspct

__
ANALOGUE (Tryptech)

19-05-2011 21:52 Homepage of tryptech
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Azlateen - Distance