drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Plugins » How to 100% de-fuck Massive VST.
Go to the bottom of this page How to 100% de-fuck Massive VST.
Author
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Anyone running Massive might have encountered this before: Massive refuses to load or crashes after a few moments or when you tweak some elements it will just close down or anything in between of these symptoms.
Here is the final solution to solve the problem (for a while)

1. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Native Instruments\Massive\
  2. Delete the Userbase file, it should be called "NIuserbase" or "Massiveuserbase".
  3. Open up Massive in your DAW (forget about the standalone, if you didn't install the standalone version it's ok).
  4. Go to browser/file/ and click REBUILD DATABASE. Now patiently wait until the list of patches is back to fully normal again and there you go.

It should work for another month or so before it'll start fucking up again, just repeat the above to de-fuck again.
You could make a backup of the NIuserbase-file after doing the above to put it back in place when future de-fuck actions are required.
I've heard that the version of Massive that comes with NI Complete doesn't have this problem, but I find complete a bit expensive.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
26-04-2011 09:01 Homepage of BattleDrone
m-ej m-ej is a male
Master Producer

Registration Date: 08-05-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

has this worked for you bd m8?

__
m-ej is taking a few steps back from forum life.
26-04-2011 10:00
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Obviously.

I'm not a right wing politician who preaches monogamy Happy

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
26-04-2011 12:10 Homepage of BattleDrone
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Plugins » How to 100% de-fuck Massive VST.