drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Cubase » new cubase 5 user please help
Go to the bottom of this page new cubase 5 user please help
Author

Registration Date: 04-01-2011

I've got cubase 5, and a manual that reads like a microwave instructions, but i just wanna get started! I've worked out a little bit, but wanna know:
should i be on VST or MIDI?? I have no musical keyboard to plug in to my laptop, so am doing everything on the screen with my mouse and laptop keys.

I just want to mix tracks, and get going so I can experiment with sounds. A friend of mine has loaded the cubase 5 on for me, and it seems there are extra plugins included, but i'm not sure how to get started using them. there's a beatmaker, and i want to be able to change the patterns (of the beats), and put them on screen so i can see what i'm doing, and make variations to rhythm of each "instrument" throughout the track.

If I'm not making sense, it's probably cos I'm still a really new beginner, and have no clue about the jargon Wink

Listened to drum n bass from day one, and wanna make my own now

please help!

thanks in advance
04-01-2011 18:06
Glodaragz Glodaragz is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3266.jpg

Registration Date: 26-06-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

I'm Fl studio user.So i can't help you about this, but if nobody give you a answer than accept this advice and start search it on youtube or google Smile
Hope that's help Smile
05-01-2011 18:41 Homepage of Glodaragz
recon47 recon47 is a male
Recon

images/avatars/avatar-3141.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Hello mate. I might be able to help a little bit.
Firstly you might want to get yourself a midi keyboard, it will make life easier for you when recording live, but is not essential as you can draw the notes in with the piano roll view.

As far as making the beats go get yourself an external hard drive with quite a bit of space and download some good samples.
Cubase comes with samples however..

Go to MEDIA at the top, click and in there is the mediabay,loop browser and sound browser in these double click on the file you want and they load to an audio track.
When you got the hits you want on the page right click on a blank area on the left and insert an instrument which is the Groove agent sampler and you can drag the samples into the pads and you can trigger them with midi, this can also be used with the Beat designer.
Highlight the sampler on the track on the left and select midi inserts and the beat designer.

As far as synths go, same as putting the sampler there.

Hoped this helped a bit.... dont give up mate it can be a mindfuck when you start out and you will get pissed off, when you cant do what you want see the greatest teacher in the world......YOUTUBE!! Thats how ive managed for 2 years mate
05-01-2011 19:36
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Cubase » new cubase 5 user please help