drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reaper » sample with irregular timing
Go to the bottom of this page sample with irregular timing
Author

Registration Date: 23-06-2010

hey

first of all, i'm new to dnb producing so this is prob going to be a pretty obvious question...

i have a sample from an old Studio One riddim that I want to use. i've timeshifted it to get it to the right speed withut changing the pitch. problem is, the timing on the original 45 is all over the place. i want to bring it back into line with the rest of my track (it goes out of synch after about 4 bars). is there any way of for example doing a timeshift between the beats to make the timing regular again? i wondered how other people get around this problem.

i'm using reaper.

cheers
chris
23-06-2010 03:43
KILLER_FAN KILLER_FAN is a male
sssomebody ssstop me!!!

images/avatars/avatar-3030.jpg

Registration Date: 23-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

well of course you can warp it in reaper.
-select the sample
-right click -> Item Properties (or F2) -> Algorithm -> elastique 2.1 Pro (so it woun't sound robotized when you stretch it) -> OK
-press TAB to find the transients or move the cursor to the wanted point of the sample
-press S to slice the sample
-press and hold ALT while dragging
23-06-2010 09:11
Ben Kama
Tourist

Registration Date: 24-05-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

Or load it in a sampler (like the free Shortcircuit if you dont have one), slice it and trigger the samples on time.

__
benkama.com

23-06-2010 14:18 Homepage of Ben Kama
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reaper » sample with irregular timing