drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Could you rate my first break?
Go to the bottom of this page Could you rate my first break?
Author
xSky

images/avatars/avatar-3448.gif

Registration Date: 15-06-2009

Hello,

I don't know if this is allowed, but could you please rate this first break I made out of single hits in FL?

I myself don't like it. I think its kinda too.. Empty. Like its missing summat. I've tried to add something, but it just doesen't sound right. I can't glue it very well, and I have no friggin idea what a "Ghostsound" is. Sounds scary. Tongue

Download Link: http://www.filefront.com/15215857/1stBreak.zip

I really need an opinion on this, as I sit with my DAW with no ideas, and if my break would be usable.

Thank you very much. Drummer

__
--- My Soundcloud ---
Jeffijoe - Distance EP [CrossBase]

25-12-2009 22:38 Homepage of jeffijoe
demure demure is a male
mastication fo de nation

images/avatars/avatar-2837.jpeg

Registration Date: 22-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

i havent listened to the clip but i will say this, its going to be hard for you or anyone else to get a good scope on the break without it being in a tune with other sounds. the reason i say this is that all sounds sound a lot different in isolation.
just get a tune made out of it without even bothering about how the break sounds on its own, and you will find that you will come across things that will make the break roll nicely. i used to get really bogged down makin beats and not get much further, you just gotta throw caution to the wind and get on with it.
26-12-2009 14:21
TuffDread TuffDread is a male
Mr. Tuff

images/avatars/avatar-2867.gif

Registration Date: 26-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

yeah, ok, sounds good, get it rollin Wink

__
Huh
26-12-2009 21:10 Homepage of TuffDread
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Not bad at all, but ony suitable for techstep because it has no real ghost bits.
Please add some; that's the harder part.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
26-12-2009 23:02 Homepage of BattleDrone
jeffijoe jeffijoe is a male
xSky

images/avatars/avatar-3448.gif

Registration Date: 15-06-2009

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
Not bad at all, but ony suitable for techstep because it has no real ghost bits.

Ghostbits, I don't get it mate! What is "Ghost" when we're talking about breaks? =D

@ demure

Hah, yeah, I know how you feel! But I couldn't find any melody that would sound good with that break, since I think it kinda suck. But hey, its my very first. =D

@ Tuff

Thanks mate, will do! Big Grin

Dang, I don't get how Ketz does his breaks, cause they sound AWESOME!

__
--- My Soundcloud ---
Jeffijoe - Distance EP [CrossBase]

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jeffijoe: 27-12-2009 11:48.

27-12-2009 11:47 Homepage of jeffijoe
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone

isnt it a bit unilateral, saying techstep is easy to make as if it is in some way lesser than the other subgenres? youre proposing techstep is bad for it

if I say techstep is hard to make since for steppy dnb all you have to do is create some steppy ghost hits.

but I dont say it since that drives toward subgenring, a single destroying force to dnb or any other genre

the best deal is to find your own style, like in a spice shop, take a bit of everything you hear and like and use it in your own way

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
27-12-2009 12:01 Homepage of cynik
TuffDread TuffDread is a male
Mr. Tuff

images/avatars/avatar-2867.gif

Registration Date: 26-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
The best deal is to find your own style, like in a spice shop, take a bit of everything you hear and like and use it in your own way

Nice Wink thats a good way to look at it

__
Huh
27-12-2009 20:03 Homepage of TuffDread
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Could you rate my first break?