Go to the bottom of this page Saving drums in Combi's
Author
Making all the tunes your mum loves

images/avatars/avatar-2912.gif

Registration Date: 23-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.85

Hi,

I've been making some drum Combi's recently. Basically, loading the drums into a NNXT, eqing the different drums, chucking a DR Rex in so I can create a quick output of the drumbreak to the track and saving it as a patch. I have just realised that the drum are not saving in the patch though. So if I move the drum Rex file to another folder, the Combi will not have the samples. Huh

Does anyone know a way of keeping the samples in the Combi?

I know this can be done, because I have built & saved certain Combi's and they have sample in the Combi file. I have done this with the NN19. I'm wondering if this could be a NNXT problem or if it is because I am using REX files... Confused

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato
28-09-2009 03:38
demure demure is a male
mastication fo de nation

images/avatars/avatar-2837.jpeg

Registration Date: 22-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

im not entirely sure but it would be really handy if it was the case that you could stick em in the cmb file Big Grin
28-09-2009 04:41
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

it cannot be done, but there is a way.

load up your most used combis into a new song then self include wav/iff files. that way you can drag n drop combis when you need em. I have a couple of such "songs" named drums, bass etc.

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
28-09-2009 13:03 Homepage of cynik
brucifer brucifer is a male
Making all the tunes your mum loves

images/avatars/avatar-2912.gif

Registration Date: 23-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.85

quote:
Originally posted by demure
im not entirely sure but it would be really handy if it was the case that you could stick em in the cmb file Big Grin

I uploaded a timestretch combi in the samples section. That combi has a sample in it. Thats why the file is so large for a combi.

I might try making some drum combi with wav files instead.

Good Idea Cynik. Could give it a go.

Something else I noticed with the NN19 & NNXT. I loaded some samples for a competition into both devices. I could play the sample, but it would only play in one pitch, whatever key I played. I loaded the samples in Audacity and I noticed that the stereo samples were just inverted. Once I put both side the same way round, I could play the samples in any note Huh

Why would they be inverted? Confused

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato
28-09-2009 13:46
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by brucifer
I uploaded a timestretch combi in the samples section. That combi has a sample in it. Thats why the file is so large for a combi.

I might try making some drum combi with wav files instead.

you actually did get a wav inside the combi patch??? how?

quote:
Originally posted by brucifer
Something else I noticed with the NN19 & NNXT. I loaded some samples for a competition into both devices. I could play the sample, but it would only play in one pitch, whatever key I played. I loaded the samples in Audacity and I noticed that the stereo samples were just inverted. Once I put both side the same way round, I could play the samples in any note Huh

Why would they be inverted? Confused

dont know about inverting the sample and tbh it sounds crazy, something like Audacity bug, dont know

about the keys playing the same note: you might have been loading them as samples in a device to which you have already loaded a specific patch which has the keyboard set up in a weird way.

Im just shooting wild guesses here, but if you did load samples in a "clean" device (no patch pre-loaded) theres no other explanation other than youre in the twilight zone Shocked

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
28-09-2009 14:10 Homepage of cynik
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » Saving drums in Combi's