drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » How to add a sample into step sequencer in FL?
Go to the bottom of this page How to add a sample into step sequencer in FL?
Author

Registration Date: 09-06-2009

Okay so first of, I started to learn producing this week so don't flame me for asking stupid questions. Wink
Anyway I just sliced out a bit from the amen break that I want to use together with some other drums. The problem is that when I add it to the step sequencer the break is much longer than the drums, so they don't fit together Mad
Is there any good way to adjust this? Maybe add the sample right into playlist or something?

Thanks in advance!!
10-06-2009 01:02
CULTURE BOY CULTURE BOY is a male
v v v iv a record missing

images/avatars/avatar-2361.jpg

Registration Date: 12-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

slice the break in the fruity slicer.

by the sound of it your slicing a bit of the wav

__
www.myspace.com/cultureboydnb
soundcloud

10-06-2009 03:29 Homepage of CULTURE BOY
cliX-

quote:
Originally posted by CULTURE BOY
slice the break in the fruity slicer.

by the sound of it your slicing a bit of the wav

I am slicing it with fruity slicer, it's just that the break is longer than the normal "step sequencer beat" if you know what I mean Smile
10-06-2009 08:43
Zugzwang Zugzwang is a male
Doin' it for the love

images/avatars/avatar-2932.jpg

Registration Date: 13-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.75

The Slicer can chop up breaks pretty well for drag-and-drop functionality (maybe not as good as going into Wavelab for example and doing it yourself, but considering the Slicer is practically point and click..), I'm pretty impressed with it.

Anyways, try this. Open up your Fruity Slicer and drop/load up your amen sample. Depending on your settings, the Slicer might already have chopped up the break and dumped it into the piano roll. If not, select the Slicing button on the plugin interface and medium or sharp auto-slicing. Afterwards, if it auto-dumps the sliced amen into the piano roll, go into the piano roll, hold Ctrl and press A to select everything, and delete it (or just leave the first part of it and delete the rest, if you don't feel comfortable putting the steps in the piano roll yourself). To really make sure the pattern doesn't exceed the 4 or 8 bar limit or whatever your step sequencer is set to, the best thing to do is draw the notes in yourself, however, and make it congruent with your other drums.
10-06-2009 12:35
CULTURE BOY CULTURE BOY is a male
v v v iv a record missing

images/avatars/avatar-2361.jpg

Registration Date: 12-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

not sure what ya mean.

have u cut the end of the break off so it fits with your break?

__
www.myspace.com/cultureboydnb
soundcloud

10-06-2009 13:01 Homepage of CULTURE BOY
cliX-

Nevermind about this... I am stupid Bigup
10-06-2009 15:15
Sephiroth Sephiroth is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3285.jpg

Registration Date: 11-04-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

sounds like ya need to time stretch ya amen break to fit the sequenced beat....add an audio clip and load the amen onto that then simply drag the amen break (make sure ya zoomed in as far as poss for accuracy) and make the break exactly 1 bar, 2 bars, 4 bars, however long it needs to be......ya might wanna change the elasticity of the stretched break to by going on the channel settings and choosing one from the drop down menu.....hope that helps dude. Drummer

__
Sephiroth Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/sephiroth_rees

Sephiroth Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/sephirothdnb

C-Sonix Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/c-sonix

C-Sonix Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/csonix
11-06-2009 00:19 Homepage of Sephiroth
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Moved thread to right forum...

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
11-06-2009 01:33 Homepage of Muad'Dib
cliX-

quote:
Originally posted by Sephiroth
sounds like ya need to time stretch ya amen break to fit the sequenced beat....add an audio clip and load the amen onto that then simply drag the amen break (make sure ya zoomed in as far as poss for accuracy) and make the break exactly 1 bar, 2 bars, 4 bars, however long it needs to be......ya might wanna change the elasticity of the stretched break to by going on the channel settings and choosing one from the drop down menu.....hope that helps dude. Drummer

thanks dude! Smile
11-06-2009 18:03
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » How to add a sample into step sequencer in FL?