drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » New rating calculation for tracks
Go to the bottom of this page New rating calculation for tracks
Author
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I have redone the calculation of the tracks' star ratings from scratch. Some time ago there were reports of mysterious 'jumps' in the track ratings, where a single vote that was cast could have a huge influence on the rating of a track. This was caused by a bug in the calculation. In some rare occasions a single vote would receive too much weight, and if this vote was much lower or higher than the average the rating could drop or rise by as much as two stars.

I have now reprogrammed the rating calculation. The calculation is now done in a different way and because of this it is possible that some of your tracks have received a different score. If this is the case it means that the old score was affected by the bug and the current score is correct.

From now on the ratings should stabilize much quicker and any sudden jumps should be eliminated. Be aware that small jumps are normal when a track has only a few votes (less than 10), as the larger the number of votes the better the averaging works.

If you notice any problems with casting votes, please post here!

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
20-01-2009 21:24 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Nice going!

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

27-01-2009 17:31 Homepage of Surya
CULTURE BOY CULTURE BOY is a male
v v v iv a record missing

images/avatars/avatar-2361.jpg

Registration Date: 12-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

NICE!

BIG UPS

__
www.myspace.com/cultureboydnb
soundcloud

27-01-2009 19:37 Homepage of CULTURE BOY
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » New rating calculation for tracks