drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » Problems with rewire with nuendo
Go to the bottom of this page Problems with rewire with nuendo
Author

Registration Date: 09-01-2009

Hey first post so hello everyone, really great forum just found it recently, it's been a great help so far and was hoping someone could help me with a problem.

When Im loading up reason, after putting nuendo on im getting the message:

Engine not responding please check your rewire host.

So I then turn on the rewire in nuendo or load a tune up then Im getting this message:

Could not connect to the reason engine. The reason engine is already in use. Make sure you only run one instance of reason.

Its been happening all day today and ive not been able to get it working. Yesterday I got a new soundcard, tascam us-144, and since ive been trying to get that on the go this problem with reason has arose. Ive put the nuendo settings back to normal before I added my soundcard and still this problem persist's. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated, specially if it was in layman terms as Im not the most technically minded individual. Cheers
10-01-2009 20:07
Binary Havoc Binary Havoc is a male
Binary Havoc

images/avatars/avatar-2473.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Are you loading up nuendo first then reason??

Important to do in the right order, your description sounds like you opened reason first

__
http://soundcloud.com/binaryhavoc/dropbox

10-01-2009 21:06 Homepage of Binary Havoc
Infinite I

Yes ive been opening nuendo first, been using it for a few months but then when Ive added my soundcard today I was getting they messages, Ive spent all day messing around and nothings worked then it just opened there for no apparant reason but theres no sound so problem half solved Confused must be due to my new soundcard. Cheers for the reply im off to try get sound now
10-01-2009 21:28
Binary Havoc Binary Havoc is a male
Binary Havoc

images/avatars/avatar-2473.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I dont know what to suggest then??

One thing you might want to try.......

Open each program separately and change the audio driver settings to your new card

It sounds like reason might be looking for your old cards audio drivers when you open a rewired project???????

If both programs work OK independantly there should be no problem with rewiring

__
http://soundcloud.com/binaryhavoc/dropbox

10-01-2009 22:23 Homepage of Binary Havoc
Infinite I

Cheers for the tips, I hadnt changed the reason audio settings to my new card so done that but I still dont have any sound, Ill keep trying though.

Im sure its soemthing to do with nuendo and my new card as rewire was working fine a couple of days ago. Ive changed the audio driver settings in nuendo, dunno what the script is. Im thinking it might be because im just on the laptop here and I dont have any seperate speakers to go in the card? So no sound out of the actual laptop. Ill have a better idea tomorrow when I get the card plugged into speakers tomorrow.

Was really they messages fromr reason that threw me today as ive never seen that before thats why I asked, butr theyve went away so thats at least something, cheers again.
10-01-2009 23:07
Infinite I

Wee update incase some folks have similiar problems.

I uninstalled reason and nuendo, deleting all files, got new drivers for the sound card and reinstalled everything again. When I opened one of my old tracks I changed the pending connections to my soundcard, that worked and got things happening.

Only problem is once I get things going it freezes after 2o minutes or so, which is very frustrating. This never happened before so its definately down to the soundcard. Only thing I can think of to try now is to switch from vista to xp as ive heard the souncard has some issues with vista.

If anyone has any other ideas thatd be great, cheers.
15-01-2009 18:09
demure demure is a male
mastication fo de nation

images/avatars/avatar-2837.jpeg

Registration Date: 22-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

u had a setting on in ur devices called release asio driver in background thats all it was
i ad the exact same problem there was nothin wrong with it before mate
15-02-2009 16:08
Void Skull

Registration Date: 08-08-2011

DEMURE - thanks, I had the same problem as the poster and your fix worked for me. That'll teach me to press buttons I don't understand.
08-08-2011 16:23
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » Problems with rewire with nuendo