drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » Getting no sound from Matrix
Go to the bottom of this page Getting no sound from Matrix
Author

Registration Date: 26-05-2008

I'm just starting out on reason, and so far, Ive got the mixer, rex, scream 4 and a matrix in the rack. I'm going through this tutorial to learn how to use it, but when I hit the run button, I don't hear any sound (clicks, beeps, whatever you want to call it).

Am I doing something wrong?

Tutorial can be found here
26-05-2008 03:02
brucifer brucifer is a male
Making all the tunes your mum loves

images/avatars/avatar-2912.gif

Registration Date: 23-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.85

The matrix doesn't make any sounds, that why.

It is used for creating automation. You draw pattern on it and the other devices use the pattern you used through the CV inputs.

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato
26-05-2008 04:25
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

ya so simple example would be - once you have created your mixer, then create a synth eg Malstorm and then create the matrix after that which will link it automatically, then create your pattern on the matrix with the velocities and you should be getting sum sounds out of it Big Grin

__

27-05-2008 14:23 Homepage of Ketz
Sentinel Sentinel is a male
Mr. Grumpy

images/avatars/avatar-2995.png

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.92

HaHa ...

I was going to make a quick example for you but I ended up getting distracted by other shit so ya know !!!

Aye ...

If you right click on an instrument and select create > matrix ...

It should automatically wire it up to the gate and cv ports on the back of the instrument.

[Hold shift key down when creating something new if you don´t want it to automatically wire itself !]

Once you´ve added the matrix to your prefered instrument or device ...
and drawn in a couple of patterns using the pattern selector ...
Go to the matrix in the sequencer window and right click and select "Create Pattern Lane" to add it to the automation.
Now add the patterns to the track either by right clicking on the matrix inside the rack and selecting "Copy Pattern To Track" or by using the draw tool on the Sequencer window. `Keyboard shortcut for Draw tool is "W".
Ok so next you can change the pattern on a track by using the select tool "Q" ...
By double clicking on the pattern you want to change and selecting the pattern from the menu that pops up.

I´m off on me tod, So that´ll be enough ranting for now !

Bonus: here´s a quick example for you.
http://adrive.com/public/783599bdcf047ea...7b3d720fcd.html
nothing special mind.

You can use the matrix to control various instruments and fx modules in numerous amounts of ways by routing the small yellow cv cables to various cv ports on the back panel !

Experimentation is the key !

__

27-05-2008 17:50 Homepage of Sentinel
Sentinel Sentinel is a male
Mr. Grumpy

images/avatars/avatar-2995.png

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.92

Arpeggiator is a cool cv pattern tool also !!!
http://adrive.com/public/01081a9ec403e68...6b171750e7.html
Another quick example.

Also nothin´special cause I´m a lazy bastard !!!

Bigup eZ !

__

27-05-2008 18:23 Homepage of Sentinel
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » Getting no sound from Matrix