drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » Sample test Fruity loops and reason
Go to the bottom of this page Sample test Fruity loops and reason
Author
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 15-06-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 3.50

You take one sample, for excample a ride, you load it in redrum and in fruity loops, and you load it in fruity loops. You can hear a big difference, the fruity loops sound more heavy, and in reason its more duff. Whats up with that? Before getting the same effectd as in fruity loops you have to build compressors and more..

Or am i doing just something wrong here, or is this just why they are 2 completly different programs, i think its just weird. As in reason if you browse to a sample, the sound is more powerfull in the preview of the browse window then when you actually hit it in redrum.
22-10-2007 10:37
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Probably the sampler is processing the sound. Make sure all volume controls (faders, velocities, ADSR envelopes etc) are set to max, all filters are off, the sample has not been routed through effects etc.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
22-10-2007 12:23 Homepage of thechronic
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

From what I´ve read on this topic (there´s a lot to read about it as there are/were a lot of FL<->Reason wars so to speak) the general opinion seems to be that the overall sound of Reason tends to be rather "phat" and the overall sound of FL (using own FX plugins) seems to be rather "thin". I can agree on the FL part, but don't know the Reason part well enough to judge it.
This seems to be the opposite from your experiences though.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
22-10-2007 15:06 Homepage of BattleDrone
rockx
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 15-06-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 3.50

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
Probably the sampler is processing the sound. Make sure all volume controls (faders, velocities, ADSR envelopes etc) are set to max, all filters are off, the sample has not been routed through effects etc.

i just open a brand new file and load in the same sample in reason and the same in fruity loops, so it doesnt have any effects going on.
Test it for yourself youll see that there is a big difference.
23-10-2007 14:29
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

redrum probably has a few effects built in to give sampels taht "drum sampler" sound, i ahve noticed that too, just listening to the sound on redrum. they get nice transients, i use compressors that do that in FL that i can control, instead of it being done for me. but i mean for ease, yea Reason all the way.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

23-10-2007 15:01 Homepage of Halph-Price
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

make sure you have "use high resoulution samples" selected in options in reason.

also, on the samplers, hit the "high quality interpolation" button

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
05-11-2007 07:11 Homepage of cynik
brucifer brucifer is a male
Making all the tunes your mum loves

images/avatars/avatar-2912.gif

Registration Date: 23-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.85

Have you tried adding the Mastering Suit. This makes a vast difference. I usually use the Acoustic setting.

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato
06-11-2007 00:00
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » Sample test Fruity loops and reason