drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » I'm tearing my hair out - samples are missing!
Go to the bottom of this page I'm tearing my hair out - samples are missing!
Author
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

Somebody please, please help me!! I'm fuckin tearing my hair out here...

A few weeks ago I was working on a track in FL Studio. I spent ages on it but haven't touched it since. However, I want to upload it onto my MySpace account and convert it to an MP3 file. So today I opened up the file in FL Studio. But to my utter fucking astonishment it appears that about half of the samples and synths are fucking missing!!!! Noo Cry

The samples load up as channels in the step sequencer but they are completely empty and they are highlighted in red.

This has happened to me once before but that was because I moved the original files into a different folder on my hard drive and FL Studio couldn't find the originals. But I learnt my lesson and vowed never to do it again and haven't moved any samples since.

What the fuck is going on here?? Somebody please tell me there's a simple solution and this is all just a very disturbing dream... please help!

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Tomos: 05-09-2007 00:14.

05-09-2007 00:11 Homepage of Tomos
Seven Gun Seven Gun is a male
dotbee 4eva

images/avatars/avatar-2384.jpg

Registration Date: 16-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.75

this only happens when you dont have the said samples or you have changed the name of them in your database.
dunno why its doing it for any other reason mate.

try look for the samples manually in your fruity browser
and put em in one by one... e.g. right click and insert into selected channel etc.

this has happened to me n CB loads of times when we do collabs
but then we just send the missing samples to eachother.

__
"When you lose, dont lose the lesson"
05-09-2007 01:33
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

Helpfulness rating: 

Thanks Seven.

What's really confusing me is the fact that I haven't altered my samples database at all. There are samples in there which are mssing that have come from exactly the same folders as others which aren't missing. I'm confused. Confused Any other ideas?

__
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
05-09-2007 08:50 Homepage of Tomos
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Had this problem too, I never rename the channel anymore because when this shit happens you don't have the name of the sample anymore in that case.
If you want to keep a track for the long run you'd better save it as a zipped loop package. This keeps it safe from reorganisations in your sample collection.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
05-09-2007 10:15 Homepage of BattleDrone
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
Had this problem too, I never rename the channel anymore because when this shit happens you don't have the name of the sample anymore in that case.

Yeah, I fell for that one. I was trying to be all efficient and tidy by renaming the name of each sample ... and now I don't know what they were called. But I know that renaming them is not the cause of the problem because half of the other renamed samples are still there.

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
If you want to keep a track for the long run you'd better save it as a zipped loop package. This keeps it safe from reorganisations in your sample collection.

Good idea! Thanks for that, will try that next time.

__
05-09-2007 19:12 Homepage of Tomos
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

use the default names always. also you can select from the Step Sequencer (SS) and the plug-in/Instrument will pop-up, you can press Ctrl+L and it'll send it to the first free FX track, and name it AND color it the exact same. there's you're effecint and tidy workstation.

side note, when i send all channles to one to be mixed down, like 3 instruments from a layer for say bass lines(sub, mid, high end) i'll make a sampler and just route that over afte ri rename it. then you can just hide the unused tracks after, Big Grin anyways. i love fruity for it's tidiness once you work it out with the hot keys. Big Grin

F4 to goto next empty track in the SS. shit i went to fl to check that, and i couldn't rember it, i use it so much.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

05-09-2007 21:59 Homepage of Halph-Price
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » I'm tearing my hair out - samples are missing!