Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

quote:
edit by thechronic:
this has been split off from this thread:
Strong emotion in melody and structure?

Techdiff knows his stuff man!!!!

All these fundamental things are starting to make sense to me now since i've given up smoking the weed (for good)..

if i had this kinda knowledge to backup my playing then id be unstoppable, all my learning on my instruments jus comes from trying out different postitions and having a good ear so i can know what sounds good and what works, but without out knowing what modes are properly etc i'll alwayz be limited, until lately..

If there is anyone reading this who is stuggling or thinking of giving up weeed, i can only urge you to kick the drugs if they are stopping you from doing the thing you love, i aint gonna preach but as humans, none of us need drugs for recreational use, its all bullshit, i use to laugh at people who said they were high on life, but man, its got some truth in it, yeah i have bad days, fucking bad,depressing actually but overall i get a kick out of knowing i only have the occasional drink socially and that im making up for all those days i was stoned since i was 14 years old....

gone a bit off topic me thinks...sorry....

peace....

__
My Sounds
21-04-2006 13:44
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

quote:
Originally posted by Glim

If there is anyone reading this who is stuggling or thinking of giving up weeed, i can only urge you to kick the drugs if they are stopping you from doing the thing you love, i aint gonna preach but as humans, none of us need drugs for recreational use, its all bullshit, i use to laugh at people who said they were high on life, but man, its got some truth in it, yeah i have bad days, fucking bad,depressing actually but overall i get a kick out of knowing i only have the occasional drink socially and that im making up for all those days i was stoned since i was 14 years old....

peace....

Hell yeah. Ive not been smoking weed for about a year and a half and I stopped class A's about a year before that. I'm so glad Ive done it, I struggle with money enough as it is, let alone if I still had a habit to support. I used to piss money away on that shit and Ive still got bad debts to show for it. I think everyone gets depression but I think it gives you something to channel into your music. Afterall, music is a reflection of life, you gotta do stuff in order to have something to write about. If you spend all your time in your room getting stoned, dont be suprised if you run out of inspiration. I still smoke fags like there is no tomorrow but I gotta have one vice. I very rarely drink, and I'm even trying to give up caffine at the moment. I gotta agree though, the high on life thing does sound a bit chessey, but there are times when I'm having a wicked time, no drugs and no drink. Just enjoying what Im doing.

But yeah................. Waaaaayyyyyy off topic!
21-04-2006 15:19
jemone jemone is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2132.jpg

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Offtopic yo totally off topic now, but big up glim, well done mate, i too absolutely caned different substances in all forms scince i got involved with the scene in about 88, 89, i lost girlfriends, got kicked outta home, and ran up some huge debts, isaw low things within my self and life itself, shall we say the darker energys in life.
yeah i also had some euphoric times, in my head which is what kept me coming back and back, i had a very long hard relasionship with amphetimines, and not long after getting through this i met by wife to be, this relationship with the powder turned into a heavy drinking and smoking weed period for many years, im talking everyday job, then along came my daughter, i hit my 30s and as you could say, i saw the light, i totally sustained from any drugs alcohol or ciggaretes, one day i did the next i didnt, and ive been clean now for about two years, yeah glims right it can get down right depreassing, and it aint easy, but fuck me i feel better, i found meditation was a help to begin with, not everyones cup of tea, but it helped me just been on my own, and also my belief, in a higher conciousness helped me greatly, someone to turn too and say ive had a real shit day, what the fuck am i doing drinking apple juice. Dont get me wrong, i aint no fucking tree hugging sap, just found levels in myself that i didnt know were there before.
anyway sunday connfessional over, at the end of the day its up to yourselves to find your own way, i dont look down on people who use gear, not in the slightest, cause one day i rekon youll find your own light.
keep slamming the tunes, peace, and yeah thanks for the chord structure advice, sounds cool, ill give it a go.
jem.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jemone: 21-04-2006 16:15.

21-04-2006 16:12
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Giving up the green