drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » patterns question
Go to the bottom of this page patterns question
Author

images/avatars/avatar-2092.jpg

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

good evening everybody

I've started out using Fruity loops for some days now and got the hang of it a bit (beginner stage that is).
so I started using the playlist today.
though I have some problems with patterns and the playlist, and can't find an answer on other forums and by asking other producers.

When I make a pattern I can use it in the playlist perfectly. then I go to pattern number 2 and make some other music (I won't go into this much as I think it's irrelevant?). The thing is, when I check back into pattern '1', it has stayed the same when it comes to beats 'n stuff, but the instruments have become the same as in pattern 2.

so basically, when I make a new pattern, it overwrites the other one. I tried making a new project, deleting and creating it again, but nothing will help. I'm adding a screenshot for you to get a better look:

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/2320/screensqg4.jpg

__
't ga sebiet ontploffn!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by revdev: 10-04-2007 19:50.

10-04-2007 19:50 Homepage of revdev
gls
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

quote:
Originally posted by revdev
When I make a pattern I can use it in the playlist perfectly. then I go to pattern number 2 and make some other music (I won't go into this much as I think it's irrelevant?). The thing is, when I check back into pattern '1', it has stayed the same when it comes to beats 'n stuff, but the instruments have become the same as in pattern 2.

so basically, when I make a new pattern, it overwrites the other one. I tried making a new project, deleting and creating it again, but nothing will help. I'm adding a screenshot for you to get a better look:

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/2320/screensqg4.jpg

The problem with pictures 1 and 2 is that you changed the sample in the second pattern from fx_eh to e piano, if you want to use both sounds you have to use two sampler channels. The same goes for vstis as well.

I'm not too sure about picture 3 but I think you just need to rename the patterns in the playlistl, press f2 where you circled the name on the playlist.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by gls: 10-04-2007 20:12.

10-04-2007 20:10
revdev revdev is a male

I thaught the thing is to have 1 instrument in 1 pattern, but you have to put all instruments in every single patterns and then activate the ones you want to use in that pattern? if that's how you do it (the way I'm doing it the past hour) you'll be getting alot of clutter, no?

__
't ga sebiet ontploffn!!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by revdev: 10-04-2007 22:09.

10-04-2007 22:08 Homepage of revdev
demolitionkid demolitionkid is a male
where's demo?

images/avatars/avatar-2248.jpg

Registration Date: 08-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

a LOT of clutter yes..........all of your samples/instruments will be viewed from that sample console.if the sample is changed from the console it doesnt exsist.you MUST have each loop,sample or instrument in its own place.look at the default setup.....i think its the kik snr clap and hat.just drag and drop what you want ,it doesnt all have to be in the exact same spot.put it below it or above.good luck....
10-04-2007 22:56 Homepage of demolitionkid
revdev revdev is a male

Okay, thanks, I think I'm getting the picture Smile

__
't ga sebiet ontploffn!!
11-04-2007 10:03 Homepage of revdev
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » patterns question